PDA

View Full Version : Where is my input in the game?

twyly
08-27-2008, 05:08 PM
It's just few days i'm playing and I find this game quite interesting ... there is a good degree of complexity and factors involved in the fight to calculate who wins and looses ... the problem is that i don't see what depends on me!!
I cannot choose what (and if) to fight... i cannot really control any weapon or enchantment, it seems there's no "strategy"... you don't really need to know that "groups" wins over "solo" (is it? :confused:) cause anyway you cannot choose!!!
You can make a balanced character just because is the wisest thing to do against totally random response... that's it!
Strangely, i find that my highest degree of choice is in how much i can bet!!
Maybe some more experienced player can tell me where i'm wrong...
Cheers!!

maethus
08-27-2008, 11:43 PM
welcome to the world of Random Number Generating games

Ashen
08-28-2008, 05:14 AM
This game actually has significantly more strategy than most. What it lacks is tactics. Strategy is long-term planning, meaning which skills you pick. Trust me, it makes a huge difference whether you start with HP increase, rounding out your weakness, or gold buffs. Not to mention, if you're not cautious, you'll die a lot more often. You have to know when to retreat, and also whether or not certain sub-locations are safe and how far ahead of your level you should be going. Either that, or you could spend a lot of AP nursing wounds in the Tavern.

twyly
08-28-2008, 09:23 AM
mmmhh.. i understand... but still... i don't see much of the point to keep "playing" ... I was really intrigued by all those factors... it's a shame!! well... have fun!!

amalric
08-28-2008, 10:34 AM
You're right, in most respects, but it's all down to how much the individual enjoys the experience - and many of us do.

If you don't - SEE YA!! :cool: