PDA

View Full Version : Looting skills

rift400
06-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Just like to point out that the looting/treasure skills are pointless to get... You get far more benefit out of getting the bonuses to TOAD. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but it does mean that most people will basically advance in exactly the same way. Similarly, the trap avoidance skills don't give enough bang for your buck.

Generally the game is pretty awesome though. A lot of thought has gone into the descriptions and whatnot.... cheers guys... fantastic effort.

HotToGo
06-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Agreed, I dont think anyone would spend their skill points on increasing common item value by 1%, and I dont value the trap one either.

Rhialto
06-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I second that.. 1% is a joke. :D

rblue
06-12-2008, 03:39 PM
raise the percents. other wise they are completely USELESS..!!:mad::mad::mad:

Banzai
06-13-2008, 01:23 AM
The tier system in place for item value increaes mean that perhaps the first tier isnt as valuable as some, but the later tiers stack up to make them a strategic choice once you get the follow on skills.

The trap skills being useless.. well I guess you can think that.. but I know how annoyed I get with high lethality traps dropping 3 AP off me :D. I'd rather avoid them 75% of the time than 25%.

Hey, that's just me though. I've heard the same things said about the TOAD skill improvements too. I think they're all useful in their own way at different stages in the game, and for different types of players strategies.

HotToGo
06-13-2008, 05:35 AM
I think the TOAD skills improvements are good I have been upgrading them, I suppose everyone has their own strategies I just can't imagine many people buying the common item value upgrades and the likes.

draqul
06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I got almost every loot skill well before any TOAD modifiers and had no problems; the extra money adds up really quickly later on, as my second character is much poorer. I consistently have at least 10% equipment advantage and plenty of cash to spare, without the fuss of gambling.

I powered my way through early levels with uber-equipment, and then started filling in the TOAD holes; it does work as a strategy.

I'd like to see a +1 or +2 gambling skill... ;) But I think too many people are abusing that little exploit already.

Rhialto
06-13-2008, 02:35 PM
But I think too many people are abusing that little exploit already.

Exploit? What, where, how? I was able to get the Master Looter title on a new char after 1AP only but this is fixed now.

draqul
06-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Exploit? What, where, how? I was able to get the Master Looter title on a new char after 1AP only but this is fixed now.

Exploit as in, if you've got the patience, you can sit there amassing gold in increments of ten until you have the best equipment at level one... Not technical exploit.

If I found a tech exploit, I wouldn't splash it around - I wouldn't use it, either.

The biggest exploit around is people who have more ready cash than me to buy advantages :p

Rhialto
06-13-2008, 02:59 PM
If I found a tech exploit, I wouldn't splash it around - I wouldn't use it, either.

I haven't told anyone except the programmers team the day I found it. That's the way to go.

draqul
06-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Oh, you actually found one? once it's fixed, I'll be interested to hear what it was. Let me know, okay? :)

Rhialto
06-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I told you, I was able to get the Master Looter title anytime, even a new char with 1AP.

rift400
06-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Hmmm... I'm getting up to those levels... I guess I spent too much money on gambling to notice the different amounts of money between my 2 high level guys.

As for the traps... as much as they are annoying I think the only way to make the skills more relevant would be to increase the frequency at which they occur. 3 wounds when you've 20 isn't all that much.