Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Braggart's Corner

Old 05-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Default Best 50 AP evah!

Just remorted my Planewalker for the 12th time. Thanks mainly to his tier 3 Planewalking and Proven Fate and Leg Avenger powers, the 50 AP he got to start with took him to level 31! He's also got nearly enough credits to buy 3 lots of Refined Temporal Dust, so I'm rather worried how long it's going to take me to get rid of them all!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Holy cr4pola! Level 31 in one sitting? Man, I want to start remorting NOW!!! I still have 700k to go with my main char to get to 55

Congratulations!

The Main Gang: Deurges - Mieki - Paeruh - Nippur
The Black Brothers: Thaurus - Ender
Old 05-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Remorting definitely rocks! Though it can take a while to really get going. The first time you remort, those 55 levels seem to take just as long as the first time round!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Experienced Adventurer

With the slight difference that now I know what I'm doing, and I think I'll make better use of skills and gold. I couldn't help it and bought some credits, I'm just 250k exp away now.

I'm still trying to decide what my main character is going to be. Planewalker looks fine, but he's a Death Knight.. somehow, I don't see him as a planewalker (from the rp point of view). My first bet is demigod (which suits him fine, I think), followed closely by vampire and shadelord.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Yeah, knowing what you're doing is a big help!

I think vampire is probably the most fun one - there's always something happening. Also, it probably makes the biggest difference to your effectiveness right from the start - the other ones I've played only really kick in when you get to level 2 or 3. Shadelord is like that - it's realy good to get a full heal from a boss, but doesn't happen very often. You do get the occasional one point heal from other monsters, but for most of the time it's like you didn't remort - the only difference comes from the powers you've taken. Demigod is good, but mainly because you can save up your god points and then skip the last couple of levels before you remort - when you get to level 3 you can jump from about level 41 straight to level 55. So it's good for getting you to remort lots of times, but I'm not sure how good it's going to be once I've got all the powers and am simply trying to climb levels
Old 05-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Experienced Adventurer

You know? I've been wondering just that. I guess it helps that it's not only exp you can trade your points for, so if I need gold, I can have it; if I need APs, I can trade for them, and so on. Besides, vampire is nice and all, but it really fits another of my characters (rpwise), and I don't want to repeat Immortal paths among my characters.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be a problem for a while though - I've still got several remorts to go through!

As long as you get one of your characters to be a vampire, that's cool - it's a real fun class.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Ok. I remorted. I forgot the max wound decreases drastically. I died 3 times on my first day as an immortal.

I'm happy anyway; I've been waiting for this for months now.

I have a question, though: where do I exchange Believer Points? I couldn't find that option.

edit: damn, I found it. I thought paying off xp debt was more expensive than that. I would have made it past level 5.. well, live and learn..

Last edited by WoDHells; 05-27-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Yeah, that reduction in wounds does come as a shock!

So you went for demi-god then. BPs can be used for paying off XP debt, but I think the best idea is to ssave them to get through levels 54 and possibly 53. For a level 1 demi-god it takes about 285 points to skip level 54.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Well, in the first levels, yes: it pays more to just pay the debt the usual way (by spliting what exp you earn in half until you are done). But after some levels, the debt can become pretty steep, and for just one BP you can get rid of it.

Unless I'm much mistaken, each point gives you 50xlvl in exp (in rank1, at least). That means that at lvl54 you get 2700 exp. If I get an exp debt of more than that, it pays to just wipe it clean with one BP than to pay for it the normal way and then use that BP for normal exp, at least for this first rank. As I start remorting, well, yes, I'll be better off saving those BP to skip levels to get to the following remorts faster.