Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 11-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Experienced Adventurer

She was ready, her body tense and ready to spring into action. Ready to counter any attack the stranger would make. However, her brow furrowed in confusion when he gradually slowed to a stop about ten feet from where she stood. Wyfara kept her guard up, wary of any form of trickery, even when the stranger dropped his only visible weapon. She came to a conclusion that either the stranger was intimidated by her battle form or it was a deception.

"From the look on his face currently, hmm... I'd say, intimidated."
Wyfara muttered to herself. Watching his every move through the eyeholes of the drake's skull; the lower part of her face had remained visible as only the top part of the skull was part of the armour.

Locolus made a deep bow and spoke in a clear voice, “Greetings O illustrious… being. I need your help. My friend is in mortal danger and I require people of your… talents to give me aid. What say you?”

"What this?" came her wondering mind.
Outwardly she muttered, almost bored "deception."

As she was about to reply his proposed question, he abruptly turned and went back over the edge, leaving his spear lying on the ground.

Wyfara hesitated, unsure of the man's strange behaviour. At first glance, seing him charging over the hilltop, she had presumed him to be one of those evil-outworlder-worshiper-fanatics. Now... well, she wasn't sure. However, he did not look to be all that dangerous outwardly. She decided to follow him, reminding herself to be wary.

"Kaldra, disengage."

It looked as though she was talking to her bone armour for once again, there was a flash of light, clicking sounds and there stood Wyfara. Very much a woman again, long red hair flowing in the breeze. Walking over to the spear she reached out with a clawed hand and picked it up. Spinning it in her hand she grabbed the haft and held it behind her arm, partially hidding it behind her hand.

She crested the hill just when the man turned around to address her.

“Um… yes… wait… did YOU get my poster? I posted at least four of them around the tavern.”

He appeared to be genuinely uncomfortable, which for some reason puzzled Wyfara even more.

"Your poster? I don't think so, I haven't been back at the tavern this past few days. The last one I saw appeared to be advertising a new play in town or some sort."
She cocked her head, trying to remember what it had looked like. Unable to recall the memory, she apologetically shrugged her shoulders.

Remembering his previous question, she suddenly realised that there were others with the man. A copper haired woman dressed in dark green and bronze robes was administering to what appeared to be a giant eagle. She was of slight built, and shorter than Wyfara by quite a bit.

"Greetings fellow adventurer. I trust you were the one responsible for the cooking session down below." Wyfara said to the girl, noticing the strange bottles and vials strapped to her body.

She was deliberately ignoring the man, waiting to see what his reaction would be.

Character Profiles: Lysiris Farandir & Iridris Farandir

Last edited by Wyeel; 11-09-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Adventurer

Science, and perhaps a bit of luck, was on their side today. Mere seconds after Grip downed the last drop of Lechies' minor regenerative potion, a dull blue glow shyly hummed to life around her broken wing and began to knit the flesh back together. Such a small dose wouldn't completely heal the wound, but her life was at least out of immediate danger. Lechies was grateful for any reaction, really, and couldn't stop a big smile from spreading over her face. Grip seemed more relaxed as well, the sharp pain in her eyes dimming as the great eagle slowly shifted her head next to Lechies' lap.

"You're going to be okay," Lechies said softly, stroking Grip's neck. "I promise."

The sound of footsteps moving through the grass lifted her gaze and brought it onto Locolus, who had returned. He wasn't the only person to come back over the hill, however. No sooner had Lechies realized his spear was gone than she suddenly noticed the stranger behind him, his missing weapon clutched in one hand.

She was adorned in what looked to be part of some unfortunate creature's skeleton, carrying its weight with apparent ease and effective purpose. Two fanged teeth extended down the side of her face, and as Lechies eyed the newcomer with a rising sense of apprehension, she idly wondered if the flaming-haired woman had killed the thing she was wearing herself.

Locolus and the woman briefly exchanged words. She wasn't showing outward hostility and had yet to close the distance between them, so after a few tense seconds Lechies concluded that she wasn't a potential enemy, thank the God Emperor. Their battle capabilities had been greatly diminished in the last half hour, and the bone-clad stranger didn't exactly seem like a pushover, either.

It was then that she realized the woman was addressing her.

"Er..." she began, momentarily caught off guard.

Oh, she meant the bandits on the other side of the hill. Or was she referring to the plant life Lechies had so joyfully obliviated in her quest to defeat her pursuers? The woman wasn't some kind of nature protector, was she? As a general rule, Lechies tried to stay on most people's good side, lest tales of any misdeeds reach the ears of persecution-happy inquisitors, but no amount of caution was ever enough. Either way, she was guilty on both accounts.

Figuring it was rude to remain seated, Lechies rose to her feet and dusted the grass off her shins. "I am. I'm Lechies, alchemist of the Steel Empire. This is Locolus, Sky Guard, and his mount, Grip." She gestured at her companions, then tried to smile at the woman. "Pleasure to meet you."
Mirevra - Sky Guard
Ivanna - Inquisitor (HC)
Sonohei - Dread Minstrel (HC)
Old 11-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Figuring it was rude to remain seated, Lechies rose to her feet and dusted the grass off her shins. "I am. I'm Lechies, alchemist of the Steel Empire. This is Locolus, Sky Guard, and his mount, Grip." She gestured at her companions, then tried to smile at the woman. "Pleasure to meet you."

Wyfara sensed the woman's unease, the slight hesitation in her demeanor.
"Why oh why does this always happen to me?" She lamented. Ignoring her thoughts she said

"An alchemist? Hmm... that explains it then. Thought you would be a sorcerer of some sort. Guess not." Her mouth pursing and moving to one side, a habbit Wyfara had since she was young.

"I guess this is the part where I should introduce myself... well then, I'm Wyfara Svaine, Bonemaiden from the Xithian Boneguard in the oh-so-lifely Deadlands. Call me Wyfara or just Fara, pleasure to meet you too." She added with a wink and a smile, followed by a graceful curtsey; on ordinary circumstances it would be fine, but seriously, a Bonelord in battle gear?

Gigling at her own little joke, Wyfara turned to the man,

"So, you're a sky guard? What were you doing on the ground charging me just then?" She said grinning. For all her outward boldness, she was careful to keep her guard up.

Last edited by Wyeel; 11-10-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:45 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Locolus did a double take. Where the thing was standing … well… there was a woman. WHY WERE THERE SO MANY WOMEN? But still… they were better than nothing (And him, but he wouldn’t think about that until he was completely sober… which wasn't going to happen anytime soon.)

This was too much for one day. Locolus decided that he needed some of his own miracle elixir. A bit more wouldn’t go astray. Annnnnnd he didn’t really want to carry the reaming half bottle anywayyy. He was just glad no one else had seen him.
I'm Wyfara Svaine, Bonemaiden from the Xithian Boneguard in the oh-so-lifely Deadlands.
“I’m Locolusssss the sky gurd…” slurred Locolus, completely forgetting he had already been introduced. “It’s a pwesyer to make your aquantcs.” Then again… mabey he should have kept the other half.

"So, you're a sky guard? What were you doing on the ground charging me just then?"
“Yhaa!” Locolus had forgotten about Grip and whirled around to Lechies.
Without saying anything, Locolus new that she had understood what he meant.

How is she?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:32 AM
Adventurer

"Thought you would be a sorcerer of some sort. Guess not."

Out of habit, Lechies frowned and opened her mouth to protest, indignation welling up like liquid in a bubbling pot. Alchemy was not sorcery, that chosen art of foreigners and blasphemers. It was only similar to magic, the strongest parallel being that its workings could be extremely difficult for an outsider to understand, much less appreciate.

But it only took a second for her to realize the bone-clad stranger's comment was meant as a casual remark, not an accusation, and Leches relaxed, grateful that she hadn't gotten any words out and made a fool of herself. It seemed that recent battles, Grip's condition, and now the appearance of this intimidating woman were working in tandem to put her in a testy mood. It was unfair for the stranger, really.

Ooh, a bone warrior from the Deadlands. She'd heard tales of their combat skill impressive enough to rival Locolus and his Sky Guards', or the cavaliers of the Empire. Lechies looked upon Wyfara with new respect. Her frightening armored look belied a playful personality, too, seemingly uncharacteristic of Deadlanders or so her homeland claimed. It was heartening to find that they were wrong and Wyfara was quite friendly.

"So, you're a sky guard? What were you doing on the ground charging me just then?"

"Locolus can be rather.... impulsive," Lechies offered. She glanced at him as she spoke, a grin starting to work its way up her lips.

He seemed... tipsy. So it wasn't a sip of water he'd just taken? Aye, he was definitely impulsive, though that wasn't the only description one could use for him.

She jumped when he suddenly yelled and turned to her, his eyes wild with panic. At first all Lechies could do was stare back, not comprehending, before it dawned on her.

"Grip's going to be fine, don't worry." Lechies crouched and stroked the great eagle's head. "We were attacked by goblins and a giant leopard," she said to Wyfara, her smile fading. "I think the leopard wanted to eat Grip. After we got rid of the goblin reinforcements, it retreated into the back of that cavern over there," she gestured with a nod of her head.

"Locolus is actually here to retrieve something from the goblin caves, and I'm helping," Lechies added, straightening again. "What brings you out here?"
Mirevra - Sky Guard
Ivanna - Inquisitor (HC)
Sonohei - Dread Minstrel (HC)
Old 11-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Wyfara raised an eyebrow when she heard Locolus' drunken slur. His eyes were slightly unfocused and it seemed that he had been on a constant supply of alcohol.

"Well, that might explain his odd behaviour..." She thought.

"Locolus can be rather.... impulsive," Lechies offered. She glanced at him as she spoke, a grin starting to work its way up her lips.

"Indeed? I'd say there is no doubt about that." She replied, grinning in return.

She watched as Locolus and Lechies exchanged words; mispronounced on Locolus' side. Then she noticed that the eagle had dried blood on some parts of it's wings. Observing the way it was acting, she surmised that it was injured, probably in the battle she had just missed.

She was surveying the area, noting the goblinoid bodies littering the place when Lechies answered her unspoken question.

"We were attacked by goblins and a giant leopard," she said to Wyfara, her smile fading. "I think the leopard wanted to eat Grip. After we got rid of the goblin reinforcements, it retreated into the back of that cavern over there," she gestured with a nod of her head.

Looking in the direction of the cave, she thought she saw the bright glint of two feline eyes wink in the darkness.

"Locolus is actually here to retrieve something from the goblin caves, and I'm helping," Lechies added, straightening again. "What brings you out here?"

Wyfara should have expected that question, but she was caught of guard. She hesitated a moment, unsure of her explanation. Turning to the alchemist, she said in an offhanded way,

"Well... nothing extraordinary, I was tracking those bandits that you incinerated when I found tracks leading this way. Then I heard the sounds of battle and out of curiosity, I went up the hillside. Halfway up, I saw this kind gentleman here and he invited me to join the party." She finished with a smile.

"A giant leopard you say?" Wyfara cocked her head as if deciding for a moment though in reality, she had already made her decision.

Hmm... I guess I'd like to help with the quest."

Last edited by Wyeel; 11-10-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Experienced Adventurer

"It has been four hours and i haven't killed a single living being!" complained a man riding a red fiery horse. this man had black scruffy hair, green glowing eyes and wore armor with spiked shoulder pads and on the chest of his armor there was a skull wearing a helmet with green flame behind it, he had corps like skin. he is a Death Knight and his name is Jevolin.
he was riding his fiery horse through a blackened and charred land. Jevolin could smell the stench of death "ah... the lovely smell of death..." but his only problem with these death was that he did not kill them.
Jevolin rode his horse up a hill until he saw three people and a giant bird, Jevolin laughed evilly and loud enough for them to hear "Fear me and cower! or fight your last fight!" he yelled as he grabbed out his adamant longsword and then charge, laughing evilly on his charge.

http://jevolin.deviantart.com/
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Experienced Adventurer

“Hmm... I guess I'd like to help with the quest."“Hmmm,” Locolus said, a grin spreading across his face, That’ss Great. Who Else Will Dare Chalnge our migity team?” This broght about strange stares from everyone in the nearish area and Locolus was sure there was stifled giggling within the cavern (Could goblins giggle?) so he, Rather sneakily he might add, took another swig of his ale.
Locolus heard something in the distance and he staggered around to face it.
FINALLY! A GUY... Umm… with a flaming horse and an evil look in his eye (if Locolus could see that straight).
Fear me and cower! Or fight your last fight!
Well that couldn’t be good.
“O bugger,” Locolus said with a grin, “it seems that I have left my spear at the bottom of the ridge. I’ll go get it” Truth be told, Locolus really wanted to see how this bone lord fared… but he didn’t want to be toooooo close when that happened…
“Lechies, tell me how it goes…”
Old 11-11-2008, 02:27 AM
Experienced Adventurer

All of a sudden, their friendly getting-to-know-yous was interupted by a shrieking war cry. For some reason - although entirely off topic - it reminded her of a squawking chicken. Wyfara began giggling like a little girl as she turned to face their assailant.

"Oh dear..." Her homeland being the Deadlands, she'd recognise that armour style anywhere. A Death Knight. Her face immediately retained it's usually serious demeanor.

“Lechies, tell me how it goes…” The drunken Sky Guard still hadn't realised she was holding his spear.

As he made to move around her to the edge of the hill, Wyfara held up her hand, extending the spear outwards to block his path. "I believe this is yours?"

Quickly, she glanced up and saw that the distance between the evil knight and them was rapidly shrinking.

Last edited by Wyeel; 11-11-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Experienced Adventurer

“Gee thanks… Now I’m out of the woods” said Locolus (showing a surprising amount of sarcasm for one so drunk) as he took his spear. Without the urgency of Grip’s injury, Locolus had reverted back to his usual tactics, Hide behind the strongest force, and this so far, to his knowledge, was Lechies.
“Get a bubbling thing out,” Locolus shouted, sending spittle everywhere, “I’ll keep him off you.” Locolus Firmly planted the spear into the ground and crouched low, the last thing he wanted would be one of Lechies concoctions hitting him in the back.

“Come on then!”

How did this day happen? First Grip, now some flaming horse guy wished to rip them limb from limb. This was the last time he gambled against a shady agent with the promise of a fabled map… Well… Maybe the second last.

Somewhere behind him, Grip snorted in disgust. “What?” Locolus said turning to face her.
Grip said nothing and only looked at his spear. He inspected it closely and slowly worked out the problem.

“O…” Well, let’s see how he likes the haft of the spear…