Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Renovations and Reality Adjustments

Old 06-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurktechdotUs View Post
No one wants to pay $10 for 180 credits to convert to 300ap that they can make with 6 characters in 2 days. Lets face it, 25 ap goes real fast. like 5-10 min's. ... So dt should have an option to offer larger ap reward to those that enroll in a pay per month plan. say some thing like $10 dollars a month auto bill gets you 600 account credits and 50ap per day per character. It's a win win for both.
I don't know. I admit to having been tempted to spend 10 bucks for AP. A big motivator for me is being told regularly where my character is in the rankings. Rankings are not something I would normally check so having the impetus right there combined with AP accumulating inclines me toward purchase.

I agree with you that a monthly subscription ought to be offered however the figures you mentioned I disagree with. 50ap per day per character is an extra 750 AP per month per character. I would imagine the result would be people signing up for the monthly and getting there 600 AP plus there 750 bonus and then canceling their subscription at the end of the month.

I could see $15/month for +10 AP per day for up to 3 characters This would give subscribers the 300 bonus of those who paid ten plus 300 for each additional character to a maximum of 3 (900 AP)

Or perhaps an option of $15/month = +10 ap/day up to 3 OR +17 AP/day for one char. Then the subscriber not only gets the 30 AP per dollar spent but gets a bonus 60 AP for being a subscriber.

And maybe throw in an advantage such as Amulet of Recall as a reward after three consecutive months or something of that nature.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Adventurer

I agree more with Witan. A monthly plan yes. But the amount of AP isn't relative to the # of characters you play. The idea of buying extra AP is to advance a (single) character further along faster than waiting for only 25 ap a day.

And if they do make a monthly plan is has to be balanced with the regular prices for one-time-buys.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Adventurer

I agree with you Zaltark up to a point. On the one hand typically membership would be to improve a single character but is that reasonable? I will concede that a monhtly system with AP relative to the number of characters might not be fair to those who only wanted to focus on one or two characters.

Perhaps a reasonable consideration would be a monthly allotment of AP that one could parcel between characters (or not) as one chose.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Adventurer

You mean like a # of credits for the whole account that can be spent on an individual character or spread across others?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Adventurer

Lightbulb Idea for Subscription Payment Plan

If there was a monthly fee (of say $10) I would rather have a certain amount of account credits rather than simply AP for my characters. With Account credits I could buy advantages (which includes AP) for any of my characters.

The difficult part would be in the pricing and how to implement a commitment to pay, and how to stop people from signing up one month and not for another. One way would be as follows:

To become a "Subscription Member" you need to pay $50 to sign up
And commit to paying $10 per month there after...
The $50 gets you 800 Account credits (6.2c per credit) (Could be less)
Each month for the $10 you get another 300 Account credits (3.0c per credit)
After 3 months you have recieved 1700 credits for $80

This is 4.7 c / credit - less than can be purchased otherwise.
And the longer you stay a subscription member, the cheaper the credits become.

Anyway - that's my business plan..

Cheers

Thaed

Thaed Ravening - Darkness envelops all, Light withers, your time has come..
Old 06-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Adventurer

Yes Zaltark, however I must admit at the time I wrote it I hadn't read the part of the FAQ that discussed Account credits vs player credits.

I think Thaed might be going in the right direction with Account credits instead of AP. However i don't think I am personally up for an initial deposit of $50.

Currently they have credits at 5.4 cents when paying 14.99 perhaps if a memebership were 14.99 provide the 280 credits per month so that noone is tempted to sign up just to get a bonus over other players, then consider some kind of other advantage that was only in effect during the course of membership?

But when I think of that it makes the destiny pack (280) meaningless

hmm.

I am for the moment stumped. They have done a damn fine job (imo).
Old 06-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Adventurer

They could always go the route of PoxNora and give us lil gold boxes around our avatars . But I agree, atm there's not much of a need for monthly payments as there's not much they can offer. I do feel, however that as the game progresses, there will be ample opportunity to find a way to setup monthly payments.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witan View Post
I could see $15/month for +10 AP per day for up to 3 characters This would give subscribers the 300 bonus of those who paid ten plus 300 for each additional character to a maximum of 3 (900 AP)

Or perhaps an option of $15/month = +10 ap/day up to 3 OR +17 AP/day for one char. Then the subscriber not only gets the 30 AP per dollar spent but gets a bonus 60 AP for being a subscriber.

And maybe throw in an advantage such as Amulet of Recall as a reward after three consecutive months or something of that nature.
Unfortunately, then DT will show the horrible face of nearly all downloadable Korean MMOs. And lose a chunk of devoted but poor fans (at least one). I might only be speaking for myself here. As enjoyable as a game can be, however fancinated I am with the world, once Microsoft allows all "Super Gold Members who pay double subscription fees" to start Halo 3 games off with twice the armor as everybody else... it just goes downhill from there.

The cliche goes "time is money." Twenty minutes a day for a year translates to over 120 hours. Even if I flipped burgers for minimum wage, that's still a down payment for a new car. I will admit that having double the normal armor or AP is hardly a substitution for practice. But what happens a year of practice later, when I play against the cockiest rich punk kid ever who just started a week ago? I could feel not as bad when I look at his gamer tag. I could feel not as bad when I look at the rankings and see everybody ahead of me buys a subscription. I could be happy know that I would be ranked 48th in a world without subscribers instead of the current 480th. Or I could just play a different, fairer game instead and just be listed.

Tags
ideas quests equip swords