Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Renovations and Reality Adjustments

Old 06-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Adventurer

Lightbulb Ideas

I have some ideas.
It would be nice if we could equip the looted weapons if they are better than those we have now and not be sold immediately at the shop.
Another idea is to have quests which give additional exp and gold.
Well,what do you say???
Old 06-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Adventurer

Yeah - admins, how about a dedicated suggestions area?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Adventurer

Send a message via MSN to Trezujay

i think maybe a pm system would be ok whilst in game
Old 06-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Adventurer

I'm hoping we will develop some kind of multiplayer function... not quite sure how it would work but IRC for discussing options as the team progresses would be good

Or even let us group our own players to go off exploring together... then they could develop complimentary skills
Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cabron View Post
I'm hoping we will develop some kind of multiplayer function... not quite sure how it would work
Really not sure either how they could add this and I would not expect this anytime soon.

But, the possibility for finding a flask with something in it and you decide if you drink or not seems much easier to add!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Lightbulb

Just on the whole player suggestions topic..

While I'm happy to read forums and see what ideas you guys have to offer (and so far we've modified one of our existing ideas slightly based on a suggestion or two), I just want to make you guys aware that we have big plans for DT in the next 6 months now that we know it's got a playerbase that's enjoying the game.

When I say big plans, I mean a development timeline that has very little scope to add more than we've already got on our plate in the short term future.

This is the reason I've avoided putting in a dedicated suggestions area, because it'll just annoy people when it looks like we're not listening to you and implementing all of your ideas. It's not that they're bad, it's just that we already have stuff to put in the game for the forseable future.

I do note down any good ones that I see however, and when it comes time for us to say "ok what next" then the first thing that I'll be looking over is that list. I just don't want to build expectations that this will be soon.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Ok but will you add a little by little or wait for releasing all at the same time? I like when there is something new to try, a feature a week would be cool.

Let's say you go ahead with potions and alike. I will play wishing to find one but that not mean I will find one so I will have to come the next day and hope again, maybe the week later will come faster with a second feature while I haven't found a potion yet! Will only wish for more AP or for the next day.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Adventurer

we need shoutbox or chatroom
Old 06-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Adventurer

I thought something right now while I was exploring a new sublocation.It would be great if when a sublocation is explored the game would give us automatically the certain exploration attempts for exploring this place.Those APs would be active only for the sublocation.What do you say?This would work even we didn't have any more general APs.

Last edited by MrsDestiny; 06-17-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhialto View Post
Ok but will you add a little by little or wait for releasing all at the same time? I like when there is something new to try, a feature a week would be cool.

Let's say you go ahead with potions and alike. I will play wishing to find one but that not mean I will find one so I will have to come the next day and hope again, maybe the week later will come faster with a second feature while I haven't found a potion yet! Will only wish for more AP or for the next day.
Yea, I know you guys have plans for the game, if not you wouldn't have bothered to do this good of a job already. However just as 2 heads are better than one, many heads are even better. The ideas you waite to look at might even be better than the ones in the works already. If it were me and this was my game heres what I would do.

[1] I would make a suggestion area and just start with a disclaimer that says something like: You may place your suggestions here, however we are working very hard on the game on things we are already implimenting. We are reading your excellant suggestions but don't have time to respond. So post them up if you want but don't get mad at us if we don't respond to your posts.

[2] I would offer incentitive for great ideas. People will post good stuff if they think they could get something for it. Wouldn't have to be much, just some advantages in the game that normally cost real cash. I mean its fair, your only paying the workers whos work you like. Wish I could start a company and walk around it and say, yea your work sucked today no pay, lol.

[3] This is just a comment, your doing alote rite, but at the same time one thing you guys are doing wrong is the same thing every other game like this does wrong. If you wanna know what that is PM me here. This is a very good game, it has the potential to be a grwat game.

Not sure what happened was responding to the mods are developers post but it quoted that guy.

Tags
ideas quests equip swords