Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 02-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Default Back to Where We Were Again - A RP

Open RP for anyone interested in our world of DT =D if you agree follow these simple conditions.

1. Abide by the basic RP rules. You can find examples of them in this thread

2. Have posted your character profile in the appropriate thread or will do so within a week of your first post in this thread.

3. Be active in the OOC thread. It is very useful for planning and clarifying details.

Lastly, I do not insist that every posts a 100% grammatically correct reply each time. I myself am horrible with my spelling and have to frequently check my words with google. However, if the majority of us (those who rp in this thread) thinks anyone should redo or edit his/her post, I hope you will do so.

That's the end of it. Look forward to seeing you guys participate =].

Character Profiles: Lysiris Farandir & Iridris Farandir

Last edited by Wyeel; 02-28-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Experienced Adventurer

tavern doors burst open with a bang to let in a motley of travelers and patrons, each one hoping for warmth, ale, hot food and company; not necessarily in that order and not confined to that list. Flakes of snow accompanied the bunch of patrons to gently fall onto the worn doormat, dotting the dark brown rug with flecks of white. A glimpse outside and one would know that it was in the early evenings on a cold winter's day. It was snowing outside although the lack of a gale made it possible for residents of the little town to go about their business without being frozen to the bones. It was almost the end of the season though, the snow tonight would probably be one of the last ones to fall.

At the bar, the tavern-keeper was attending to a burly warrior clad in heavy armour. Clutching a tankard of ale, the warrior grunted a thanks as he tossed the barkeep a few coins in payment before hulking off to make merry with the rest of his troupe. Turning to his next patron, the barkeeper was greeted by the sight of a much smaller figure clad in a white robe. A silver chain held the folds of the cloak together even as the figure's head was covered by a lowered hood. Silvery runes adorned the cowl as well as all along the edges of the robe while a longbow was slung across the back.

"Hello there m'Lady, you will be having the usual I expect?"
Greeted the barkeep, his loud voice booming over the noise and merry laughter of the other tavern patrons. The silver chains shifted briefly as the slight form nodded in acquiescence, a glint of light bouncing off the medallion that was affixed halfway along the length of the chain. Embossed on it was a picture of a giant tree rooted next to a cascading waterfall.

Noticing the reply, the barkeep left the front to disappear between the double doors of the kitchen, no doubt to see to this patron's less than ordinary needs. Left hovering at the bar, the cloaked figure casually cast her gaze about. The tavern was filled with unfamiliar faces, as expected from such a strategically placed establishment between the three empires.

A moment later, the kitchen doors opened again and the barkeep walked out, carrying a tray of food and a goblet of white wine.

"Here you go. Also, I sent one of the cleaners up into your room today so I hope you will find... the tidiness to your liking. Enjoy your meal."

"Thank you." Came the soft reply, though it was loud enough for those nearby to catch the slight melodic ring to the words that was common with only one race in the known world.

Carefully walking through the crowd, the slight figure found an almost empty table near the side of the taproom to set the tray down. A great longbow engraved with runes was unslung along with a quiver of arrows before the girl finally sat down. Reaching for the goblet, the girl bought it to the opening of her hood to take a small sip.

Last edited by Wyeel; 04-14-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Changed season to end of winter
Old 03-09-2011, 02:38 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

Dirt crumbled off her worn boots, generously coating the wooden planks of the tavern with its grimy substance. As the tavern door loudly slammed behind the diminutive figure, white skeletal fingers slid out of the torn sleeves and floated up to flip back the dark hood. From the shadows, a young face sprang into view, hosting a pair of luminous eyes that dwarfed all other features. The face was gaunt and the skin taut against the lass’ cheekbones - as if she hadn’t eaten in days… nay… as if she hasn't eaten in centuries...

Sniffing the air, the visitor studied the interior of the room with a peculiar look upon her face. The barkeep narrowed his eyes as the muscles upon his arms noticeably tensed…

”Can I help you?” He asked the girl, pointedly looking at the dirt that smeared his floors.

The girl turned towards the speaker, her eyes widening as if the barkeep spoke gibberish. Wordlessly, she glided closer as her eyes honed upon the man’s face with forceful intensity.

”Uh..” The man almost blanched at the musty scent that wafted from the girl and filled his nostrils. Up close, it would seem the girl lived in the wild; her fingernails were caked with mud and cracked, and the clothing she wore were far worse then that belonging to a beggar.

”The bar and inn are for paying guests only,” He informed her, the corners of his mouth frowning at the abhorrent sight.

”Yer are not Bruce,” She replied simply, cocking her head to one side as she stared at the new barkeep in fascination. "Would ye be so..." The girl paused as she sought to remember human etiquette, "...kind as to retrieve him? I need my room. Now."

~ Qtchi's Profile ~
Old 03-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Experienced Adventurer

The slamming door announcing another tavern patron brought the girl up short from between spooning bits of hot stew to her mouth. She paused, with her spoon halfway to her maw, to glance at the stranger from within the shade of her cowl. At such a busy hour, the slamming of the tavern door should hardly warrant any attention but something made the girl look up. Something that was probably coincidence or perhaps it was fate that made her look. A spur of the moment thing, whence a small unacknowledged voice in your mind whispers to you to glance up and you unknowingly obey only to catalyze a coming tide of journeys and unexpected experiences; all because you thrust yourself out into the unknown and mysterious visions that came with a look.

So anyway, our dear girl was drawn towards the ragged and torn form at the bar. The onlooker would probably catch glints of twin glowing azure, flashing out from within the shadow of the cowl as her eyes widened slightly with faint recognition as if she had seen the person before but could not remember where nor when.

Last edited by Wyeel; 03-12-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Experienced Adventurer

"Go back to your den of thieves, law man! Your god, your rules, your judgments, have no residence here!"

Crae couldn't help but grin from ear to ear, as he dismounted the weather-beaten saddle atop his horse, Sephir. It never failed to amaze him that, despite the assistance the Empire had provided to the neutral town where the Dragon tavern resided, his welcome was anything but warm. His tattered overcoat, non-descriptive equipment, and plain leather saddlebags didn't always fool those who paid attention to such details: a small stitched emblem of a single metal 'gear', indicative of the Steel Empire and it's officials. As to what division denizen's of the Empire belonged to was never apparent, but this particular rider was no stranger to the town or the Dragon Tavern.

They knew he was a hunter of things unnatural to the realms, and given the authority by the Emperor Ajen to exercise the laws of peace upon the unjust, and vanquish the evils which disrupt that longing peace. Misconceptions of the Inquisition have spread so far as that many believe they are mercenaries or bounty hunters out for only themselves and monetary gain. But the fact of the matter is the drive which keeps an Inquisitor focused and maintained, goes much deeper than any mere bag of silver, gold, and precious jewels....

But an atonement.

The Inquisitor let out a long sigh while staring through tired eyes at the front entrance of the infamous Dragon Tavern pub and inn. A gloved hand ran along his reddish-brown beard, noting the fact that he hadn't properly cleaned up in several days since he left the borders of his homeland.

"A sight for sore eyes indeed" He mused, stroking the neck of his horse, and holding the reigns in one hand.

And how I long for a hot bath, a warm bed, and peace of-

"Spare a few coins, sir?" The child-like voice stirred him out of his brief reverie, and he peered down to see a little girl no more than eight or nine, dirt riddled face, dark hair tied back, dressed in nothing but rags and torn shoes, holding a single white flower out toward the man. Crae could see a small basket sitting on the ground next to her full of flowers of different species and colors, and he concluded she was selling her wares rather than begging for a handout. Her little green eyes stared intently, with much humiliation behind them, but a pride that kept her standing strong nevertheless.

"I suppose I do, young lady." The man reached into a pocket inside his overcoat and presented three silver coins, and one gold coin which bore the mark of the Empire, which he promptly placed in her hand. "This should do it".

The little girl's eyes widened at the sight of so much money, evidently more than she had bargained for. A brisk wind blew the single white flower from the little girl's grasp and at the feet of the tall man. Crae reached down to the pick up the lone flower, but when he returned his posture, the little girl was gone. Only the small woven basket of various exotic flowers were left behind, rustling in the cool breeze.

Tired and hungry, he slipped the stem of the flower into his coat pocket, and lead his horse toward the stables right next door to the tavern. He had been happy with the accommodations in the past and hoped the quality hadn't gone astray since the last visit. Once Sephir was settled in and secure, Crae slung the travel bag over his shoulder and made his way into the warmth of the Dragon Tavern.

As usual, the tavern had been a hot spot for many travelers coming from all corners of the land, and being the center of trade and commerce throughout the three realms, it brought multicultural food, wines, ales, and music. The Inquisitor surveyed the dining area, until he located an unoccupied table close to the stairs, a table he remembers utilizing in the past due to it's broad vantage point. It appeared as though most of the staff on hand, which was slim at best, were quite busy with each table. Crae removed his gloves and pulled the lit table lantern toward him in order to warm his hands as best he could. Moments after, he reached for the white flower in his pocket and examined it, more-so out of weariness than anything, and cracked a smile.

Maybe this place wasn't all bad...

Last edited by die2self; 04-15-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: mr typo struck again!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

It was the sudden scent that caught the girl off guard.

Not the annoying rush of air as the door opened to bring in the noises of the outside world... Not the heavy footsteps that were closely followed by the scrape of a chair across the tavern floor... Not the weight of the stare from the hooded figure situated by the other side of the room...

No.

Even as the chair creaked from the weight settled upon it, the lass was assaulted by the floral scent that tainted the very air she drew in. It was one that sweetly clung to your skin and refused to dissipate - much like the faint kiss of tobacco that often stained the human's clothes. In any event, even the sour taste of sweat and smoke, was better then this.

The barkeep continued speaking, even as the girl turned her head and narrowed her eyes at the single culprit that rested in the hand of someone. With disgust, she realized the human was actually smiling at it – if one could call that slit across his weathered face, a smile.

”Are you listening to me?” The exasperated voice of the bartender brought the girl's attentions back to him. ”If you still have your room voucher, I need to see it. We can’t just give out keys to anyone, ya know? We need to verif-“

The girl snarled, an animalistic wild sound that erupted from her lips and slammed into the man’s face. She was tired of him already and his inability to use that wee brain of his to understand her.

”I will give you an hour. Then?” The girl paused, her glittering eyes narrowed upon the red face hovering before her. ”I will be in there whether or not I have the key.”

She whipped her body around and strode across the tavern floor, before he could respond. A fist erupted from her sleeves and heavily fell upon the floral body that was cheerfully mocking her dilemma. Silence could be heard behind her as Qtchi lifted her fist and looked down upon the dismembered flower that belonged to the man before her.

~ Qtchi's Profile ~

Last edited by QTChi; 04-29-2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Mr. Typo stole a comma! :O