Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 04-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Adventurer

Sirenna waited for eons, before she cautiously pushed the swinging door opened a crack and poked her golden head out. Holding her breath, her eyes searched the area - checking if the scene was clear. For the most part, it seemed the injured man had been hauled off and everything was back to normal. A huge smile filled her face, even as she sighed in relief. Genius really, she told herself, smugly tossing her hair over her shoulder as she backed away from the entrance gently. I knew that girl was good for something!

Upon hearing the backdoor slam hard, the girl jumped guilty and slowly turned with her head ducked - half expecting Bruce would be there glowering at her.

?Just getting towels, I?ll be right there!? She started to call out in a sing-song voice. ?Eh Wit?? Her voice shifted to relief, as the bartender blinked with surprise. Then, realizing where she was, she straightened and rearranged her face to show annoyance.

?What are you doing here??

She stepped away from the kitchen door and daintily made her way to her brother, frowning down at the single mud print formed conveniently within the backdoor. ?Well I?m not cleaning that up,? She said, throwing a towel into his face.

?Ugh, dry yourself before you flood the kitchen kiddo. The cook is still mad at you for borrowing his cheese grater - say why?d you need a cheese grater for anyways?? She started to turn away from the boy, when the woman suddenly remembered something. This time, when she whirled around, a excited gleam lit her blue eyes...

?Say? you didn?t happen to bring the Evaporator with you hmm??
________
Ncis Forums

Last edited by Sirenna; 04-20-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Adventurer

Seconds after the door slammed shut, Wit managed to find himself shuffling through several glass jars of unlabeled seasonings and cooking ingredients, paying little attention to the overweight, yet greasy-looking cook across the room.

"Now, if I were my dim-witted sister, and I know I wouldn't want to be her, but if I were her, then where would I hide such a thing as to not...be...so...conspicuous." His eyes squinted as though deep in thought.

"Eh Wit?"

The female voice made the young man freeze in place, his hand still touching one of the many glass jars on the shelf.

"What are you doing here?" The familiar voice inquired, her tone much more annoyed.

Wit decided it best not to move in hopes that his sister, Sirenna, would possibly go away or just forget he was ever there in the kitchen. But, quickly realizing that was a dumb idea, he conjured an alternative.

"Uh...Wit is not here right now, but if you leave your name an-UH!" A dingy white towel suddenly flew across the room and hit the boy in the back of his head.

"Well I'm not cleaning that up" Sirenna said, staring at a large muddy footprint near the rear door.

Wit ceased his charade, turned on one heel, and did his best to block out most of what his nagging sister was speaking about while attempting to dry his hair.

Evaporator was about all he picked up from her otherwise, extremely boring monologue, but it took him a few seconds to realize what it was she was referring to. He pulled the towel off his head, and clumps of multi-colored hair stuck up in all directions, which caused his scalp to itch slightly.

"Now Siren" Wit took a deep breath, and raised his hand to his chin, rubbing what little stubble was growing there. "I suppose I probably do have said evaporator in my possession, but I would need something of yours in return, mkay? Good. I just love these little arrangements we have..."

Wit started pacing back and forth as a million and one thoughts passed through his mind at once. It was as though a roulette wheel was suddenly spinning at lightning speed and nobody knew where the arrow would point until it came to a screeching halt.

"Okay!...so, this is what I would need your quasi-expertise on, sis. As you may or may not know, I've had a few issues selling certain wares to kingdom officials throughout the land. I KNOW!, I KNOW!, it's hard to believe that I would have such a problem, but it's true, sis, it's true."

The young man stopped pacing and reached both arms out to grasp Sirenna's shoulders. "Siren, I need a few of your liquid 'concoctions' in order to influence...NAY!...push a few minds toward my benefit, I MEAN, our family's benefit. What do ya say, sis?"

Wit did his best to crack the most subtle smile he could without looking too much like the shyster he actually was

Last edited by Wit; 04-11-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 AM
Adventurer

Default Re:

Such a nice story.Thanks for sharing.