Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 12-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Experienced Adventurer

With the faint smile he always gave off when he was being talked to he lets out another whistle and the spiders jumped onto the wagon. "Those are my minions, I use them in fights, but they are nothing to worry about. It would take those five a long time to even be able to kill and kid if I ever let them." Turning his head over his shoulder he looked at the young boy and shook his head, answering a question that was asked just before they made it into the camp. "They are rally only good from distractions and no more, but at least they keep extra foes off my back so I don't get over whelmed."

The young boy wearing the bone breastplate walked up to Orion's side and gave off a faint smile not knowing if these people hated him for who he was. "Hello sir" he said to the man on the horse. "Hello ma'am, my name is Oloo, its nice to meet you." Holding his head low he did not know what to expect from the two.

Looking at the boy he let out a small laugh between his faint smile. "We will also have to work on you shyness as well wont we?" Giving the boy a pat on the back he let him know it was okay. "So do you mind if the four of us come along with you?"
Old 12-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Weapon of Spam Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Acebrock

[ooc: ignore that I said she would be back from the deadlands on the third, I'm not sure how insane this'll get and want to get in before things get overly long]

Two adventurers arrived, well after word of the siege, riding steeds that would have struck fear into the hearts of any civilian, and one of them whining all the way.

"Damn it, it's too cold!" the woman, riding a Foghoof Steed said.

"You call this cold? Try flying at 15,000 feet in the dead of winter and tell me this is cold. Anyway, you owe me." Said her partner, a man riding a Wyvern.

"Yeah, it's not like I got stabbed in the chest twice, vs you just getting thrown against a wall and left alone."

"We've had this discussion a dozen times already. Just drop it," The man said, getting annoyed.

"Fine. Anyway, you better know where Telthos is."

"I have a good idea of its whereabouts. Don't worry," he said as he watched the spiders run back to their master. He then said, "God, I hate spiders."

They hung back behind the small group that was leaving, The woman still complaining about the cold. She asked, "Why do you want to go to Telthos, anyway?"

"I have family there. I want to kill the those that have brought harm to them, and make my parents proud of me, finally."

"Ace," said the woman, "your parents probably will never hear of your role in this. There are just too many of us for an exhaustive list. Anyway, maybe the group with the spiders is heading our way. We should talk to them."

"Fine, as long as the spiders stay far away from me."

"Hello," she called, "You headed up to Telthos?"

(accidently deleted at level 33)

Old 12-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Gorin turned to the new arrivals "Ay where right now packing to leave but dont ask me if we are going the right way or not ask the women with the bow" he said pointing then Gorin contuined packing his items

The brothers are gone off in the world far in wide but what brings them together will bring the world apart
Old 12-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Iridris eyed the growing number of people and could not help but feel frustration well up inside of her. Her pale blue eyes began to glint dangerously. She had thought that she could leave quietly and be off before attracting too much attention, but she had thought wrong. However, further thought yielded a different view. She came to realise that having a bigger group might prove to their advantage, seeing that most of them appeared to be seasoned adventurers.

With a sigh, she turned around to face the group. Her forest green cloak rustled about her as the sudden movement caused her pale blue hair to momentarily flare out behind her. Her sharp features almost seemed terrible to behold yet beautiful in an austere way. Then, her voice rang out into the silent woods, rich and clear.

"I do not know how some of you can decide you want to follow us without first knowing where we're going..." her eyes flicked sharply in the direction of the skull plated knight.

"...But I see no point in keeping the fact hidden, as a little child would a triffle secret." Here, she paused a moment, glancing around with her hawk-like gaze to make sure that she had everyone's attention.

"So the answer is yes... we are headed to that fabled city, though it is an indirect journey. As some of you surmised, it is a very long way from here. Riding there would probably take us months unless one of you can open a portal, which I highly doubt. Hence, we need to obtain steeds the like of which is similar to that..." She nodded in the direction of the man with sitting astride the wyvern.

"As such, I know of someone in the Mountain Kingdoms who might be of help and hence, that is where we are headed. So if any of you are up to it, you are welcome, though I will not be responsible for the loss of any personal possesions along the way."
She ended, with a tone of finality.

Abruptly, she turned back to Crae and spoke in a much softer tone; leaving the rest to make their own decision.

"Alright, I have a change of plan. I dare not call my steed in the pressence of all these people. If you were not merely jesting, I'd be grateful if I could share your Seraf-fe*... Kray. The Kingdoms are quite a long way off and I'd take any opportunity to shorten the travel." She spoke, one eyebrow raised in question.

*Like Kray, Iridris' pronounciation of his horse Seraf has a slight accent to it. She probably remembered the horse's name from an earlier conversation.

Character Profiles: Lysiris Farandir & Iridris Farandir

Last edited by Wyeel; 06-11-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Third paragraph
Old 12-03-2008, 07:15 AM

The two of them began talking amongst themselves again.

"Is what she says true?" The woman asked

"Unfortunately. You can't generate portals, can you?"

"In my dreams. We'll have to use beasts of the air, unfortunately. Are Wyverns at least nice to their masters?"

"Depends. Are their masters nice to them?" Said the man called Ace.

"Shouldn't be a problem then. And fortunately I have no personal property to lose except my sword and my helmet. I say let's go with them."

"More gung-ho than normal for you, especially with all these people."

"I can stay at the edge, and you'd better stay with me. Those spiders are probably the lastthing yo want to deal with." said the unnamed woman.

"Please stop talking about te spiders," the man said with a hint of fear.

The woman chuckled, "anyway, are we in agreement?"

"Yes, as long as you don't complain the whole way, this group looks like it means business, and I hate to think of what they would do to you if they got tired of it."

The woman simply gave a sigh of defeat.

Last edited by Acebrock; 12-03-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Experienced Adventurer

The faint smile on his face vanished as he turned from the elf and the man on the horse. He did not have much choice if he wanted to make a name for himself. Taking in a large breath of the cold air he let it out with a sigh that came out visible. Glad to hear that they was aloud to come with them if they wished he led the other three towards the wagon of the edge of the camp.

Ripping the tarp off he flung it to the ground like a piece of trash. Not realizing that the spiders were on the tarp they to got flung off into the snow. Unlocking crate after crate he opened them and more spiders joined the other five that were now behind him. With a mass of twenty-five spiders behind him he opened one last crate filled with creatures but wasps not spiders came out of this one and they were metallic blue.

Than opening the last two crates he called Hugh and Callias over and started to stuff their knapsacks with the rations. Dropping a apple he watched as his spiders all violently attacked it and as one managed to take it for himself and eat it. "Feisty little things." he let out between his lips as he continued to pack the food. As half of the second crate was nearing half empty both of their packs were filled to the brim and nothing else would fit.

"Oloo get over here, you are going to hold some food as well."

"Yes uncle" he said obediently.

Grabbing the pack on his nephew's back he opened it and started to stuff the remainder of the food in, while being careful not to drop his creatures another treat. "Here is your pack back" he said as he putting the last ration in.

"Thank you uncle, but how are we going to get to the fabled city the elf lady talked about? I know she said something about getting flying mounts, but those are in the Mountain Kingdom and we are from the Deadlands." A puzzled look came over his face as he talked. He was new to adventuring only having been out a few times, but if first time out forced him to learn to survive for four months without anyone's help.

Looking at his nephew he shook his head back and forth slightly. "Just trust her, for the man she rides with is from the Steel Empire and I don't believe this is a trap to get us kill. Now mount Foxfire and fall in line with Hugh and Callias beside the man on the horse.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Gorin was seeing every one mount there steed his face fell "oh cow chips every one here has a mount but me with none" Gorin began looking around then he slung his sack over his shoulder and walked to the new arrivals every one seemed to be partnered up on every mount so he choose the one where he might fit "escusse me but i seem to have left my mount in my other sac just wondering could you let ride with you" he watied with pleading eyes

The brothers are gone off in the world far in wide but what brings them together will bring the world apart
Old 12-03-2008, 07:05 PM

As soon as the Spiders reappeared, what could be seen of Ace's face turned a pasty white. When they were finally put back in their box he went back to normal. He asked his partner, "Would that be another Death Knight, with the spiders?"

"Yes, part of the Bonekeep Dark Crusaders."

"How can you tell?"

"The small engraving of two bones on his shoulder plate. The serpent on mine says I'm part of the Sepsus Dreadguard," said the woman.

"Do they usually have such pets?"

"It's unusual for a Death Knight of any of the three main guards to have such pets, but then again, it's unusual for any Death Knight to rely on their sword as much as I do."

"Anyway, there's been a question I've been meaning to ask you," said Ace.

"What?"

"What is your real name?"

"That's irrelevent, as I've taken up the name of Dread Ace, and arranged for mail delivery under that name."

"And I hate that name, because it's so confusing."

She just laughed.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebrock View Post
As soon as the Spiders reappeared, what could be seen of Ace's face turned a pasty white. When they were finally put back in their box he went back to normal. He asked his partner, "Would that be another Death Knight, with the spiders?"

"Yes, part of the Bonekeep Dark Crusaders."

"How can you tell?"

"The small engraving of two bones on his shoulder plate. The serpent on mine says I'm part of the Sepsus Dreadguard," said the woman.

"Do they usually have such pets?"

"It's unusual for a Death Knight of any of the three main guards to have such pets, but then again, it's unusual for any Death Knight to rely on their sword as much as I do."
Not meaning to over hear the conversation the two were having he could not help bu listen in and was shocked to see that there was another death knight. "How could I have missed that" he thought to himself.

With a faint whistle he dispatched his spiders and the blue wasp into the woods to follow the group during their travels. "Hello there fellow death knight" he said as he walked towards the two. "I could not help but hear you say I'm from the Bonekeep Dark Crusaders because of my emblem. You are right about me being from them but the emblem I wear is of my family lineage. For the crossbones do mean the Bonekeep but the skull is what gives it the distinct difference from the Bonekeep for they have crossbones and a ribcage." Extending his hand he gestured to both men that he would shack their hands.

While Orion was busy talking to the other death knight Oloo had mounted Foxfire and steered her over to the other man on a horse. Hugh and Callias both walked up behind him and stopped feet away . Their ghostly white eyes stared off in the distance, taking in the surrounding area before they moved out.

"This fabled city, why are we going there and where is it located?" while he talked he held his head down from the man who his uncle told him about. Said the he did not like the Deadlands and more than likely did not like Deadlanders either.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 PM

[ooc: both the men? recheck their genders]

Hello there fellow death knight" he said as he walked towards the two. "I could not help but hear you say I'm from the Bonekeep Dark Crusaders because of my emblem. You are right about me being from them but the emblem I wear is of my family lineage. For the crossbones do mean the Bonekeep but the skull is what gives it the distinct difference from the Bonekeep for they have crossbones and a ribcage." Extending his hand he gestured to both men that he would shack their hands.

Dread Ace shook his hand, and said, "Yes, you're right. I had assumed that the stylistic difference was just the darkness keeping me from seeing it properly. May I ask your name?"

Ace Brock shook his hand as well, but remained on edge, "Where are the spiders?"