Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Experienced Adventurer

"I knew those things were trouble..." He mumbled under his breath, after the sudden crash of the wooden crate and the various species of spiders scrambling about on the ground. Several of the arachnids frantically scurried toward Crae and Iridris, but were stopped short by an apparent whistling signal within the forest.

Crae turned his direction toward abrupt noise, noticing the deadland soldier and three others, looking somewhat out of place. He shot a smirk in their direction, realizing that it was the same soldier he had seen earlier.

Their stench never goes away... He thought to himself.

Iridris acknowledged that the creatures did, in fact, belong to the soldier and also assured the inquiring group that they were leaving. The tall soldier, with him drawn out grimace, explained that they had only been utilized as distractions more-so than anything dangerous. To a witch-hunter, though, they are all the same.

The boy who accompanied them, did the best he could to fit in, as humble as he may have seemed. He head was kept low as he greeted both Crae and Iridris. The horseman nodded back to the boy from atop his mare, Seraf, and turning his attention toward the elven ranger for confirmation of their departure. Iridris decided it the best time to address the gathering crowd and set them straight as to their change of plans.

Afterwords, she drew a bit closer to Crae and decided to possibly take him up on his offer. "Trust me, m`la-...er...Iridrs...my intent was not to jest at your expense. I would be happy...nay...honoured to have you ride along with me. Seraf is strong, fast, and occasionally loves a ripe juicy apple..." He chuckles at his last statement, knowing that he hasn`t treated the poor mare to such a delicacy in several weeks.

"As for these folks..." He looks takes a quick survey of the others and then turns back to Iridris. "...they may need to find their own mode of transportation..."
Old 12-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Experienced Adventurer

"Honoured you say? Why would a mere ranger like me honour so great a warrior like you?" Iridiris answered, a hint of laughter in her eyes as her demeanor changed again, quite abruptly.

"Unless... it is one of your many attempts at being- what's that word you humans use? .... ah yes, chivalrous to a Lady..."
She paused again, clearly at ease with herself. Suddenly, she reached forward to give him an audible rap on his shoulder.

"Well that's enough for now, we cannot tarry any longer... it's beginning to call to me... again..."
Her voice had slowly taken on a tone akin to one who was deep in thought. Sighing, she attached her bow and twin blades to Seraf's saddle and vaulted herself up. Her movements fluid and graceful as though it was second nature to her. With a soft rustle of her dark green cloak, she settled herself and looked down at Crae.

"Coming? Or shall I leave you here, without your precious Seraf." Her lips had once again curled into her smile as she patted the horse's neck fondly.

Character Profiles: Lysiris Farandir & Iridris Farandir

Last edited by Wyeel; 12-04-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Experienced Adventurer

He had never been one for giving so much of himself away to another, especially an elven woman he hardly knew. His years of exposure to creatures of the supernatural realms gave him a vast assortment of knowledge pertaining to many species and races that lived in the world. Martial training gave him the ability to defend from the dark arts and inflict the maximum amount of pain unto the denizens of the Underworld.

However, all of his worldly knowledge and physical training never truly prepared Crae for social interaction. He kept himself hidden under a guise of a man who was in complete control, yet he knew better. The Adeimar family had a curse, they all were inflicted in one way or another. However, these unstable ailments was something that would either break them apart or make them stronger. Tear down the bridges of social stability or build up an empire. Either way, Crae had hidden his true being well from others for many, many years...

The elven woman, Iridris, with her large almond eyes gazed upon Crae with a puzzled look as though he had two heads. His previous statement apparently caught the girl off guard.

"Honoured you say? Why would a mere ranger like me honour so great a warrior like you?" Iridris answered, a hint of laughter in her eyes as her demeanor changed again, quite abruptly.

Crae, pulling up the woolen scarf to protect his intake of cold air, responded with but a smile, knowing that this mere ranger was something so much more. She had many secrets behind the facade that she kept up, but something even more intrigued Crae...her change in attitude.

"It`s good to see you are finally loosening up, ranger..." He said with a wink. "I was starting to think that maybe you were all business".

Crae couldn`t help but blush slightly with her sudden regard to his attempts at 'chivalry', although thankfully the woolen scarf hid much of the embarrassment shown on his face. He gave the woman a slight nod, and shrugged his shoulders. "Well, we humans are an odd race..."

Iridris took the opportunity to secure her weapons onto Seraf`s saddle, tying them down tightly next to Crae`s long sword, and crossbow. The elven woman gracefully leaped up onto the saddle, sliding her slender body back a few inches.

"Coming? Or shall I leave you here, without your precious Seraf."

The playful banter between them both was a breath of fresh air for Crae. It took part of the hovering tension away with regard to the pending battle awaiting them near the city of Telathos. He noted as well, Seraf`s calm demeanor as the elven woman gently patted and stroked the corded, muscular neck of the mare. Crae lifted one foot into the stirrup, grabbed the saddle`s pommel, and hoisted himself atop the horse. After shifting his body slightly to a comfortable position, he turned his attention behind him to Iridris.

"I can`t allow you to have all the fun now..."
Old 12-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Giving the man a firm hand shack he smiled. "Its nice to meet you."

"Where are the spiders?"

"I sent them off into the woods to follow the group when we take off." he tilted his head in the direction as to where they had left. "I also have to take care of my nephew and his two guards, just like my spiders. Dumb little boy asked If I would take him along for the journey." he thought this to himself but inside he was also happy to be able to get to now the kind, he just hoped he did not turn out to be a buss kill.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:20 AM
Weapon of Spam Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Acebrock

"Thank goodness. I can't stand those things," said Ace.

"Why not?" Asked his partner.

"They terrify me. A long time ago I found an old wooden chest. and when I opened it thousands of spiders came out and overwhelmed me. Never got over that."

She said nothing in response, but asked the other Death Knight standing before them, "what are your motives for going to Telathos?"

(accidently deleted at level 33)

Old 12-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Experienced Adventurer

He smiled at the man for being afraid of him pets. Letting out a whistle three blue wasps came up to him and landed on his shoulder.

"what are your motives for going to Telathos?"

Looking at the wasps he stared into their eyes and they into his. Nodding his head they departed their separate ways. "I was promised gold and glory."
Old 12-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Default Chapter Two: The Unclaimed Favour

, . ; ' ~ * ~ ' ; . , . ; ' ~ * ~ ' ; . ,

After several days after hard riding the group of travellers had finally reached the outskirts of the Mountain Kingdoms. Stopping only to rest their mounts and replenish supplies they had made good time as they had not encountered any wild beast or obstruction too hard to avoid or simply dispatch. The overgrown forests and wild terrain had finally given way to more cultured lands. The ground had turned to lush snow covered countrysides as small villages and farms dotted the surrounding area, the latter now quiet and still, due to the winter season. Gradually, the ground began slopping upward as the troop ascended further into the skyclaw mountains.

A jarring bump brought Iridris back to the world of the living. Reluctantly, she opened her weary eyes to cast a glance at the surrounding countryside. Oddly, though she felt the rhythmic trot of the horse beneathe her, she still saw the world as though looking from the side of a mountain; with a vertical wall to one side. She allowed herself to stay this way for a moment until with shocking clarity, she realised her current situation. She was lying with one side of her face pressed against Crae's back. She must have fallen forward onto him when she slept.

Jolting upright, she forgot that she had her hands around Crae's waist. Her abrupt movement brought her tense arms back into his stomach, probably causing him pain.

"A-Amin hiraetha! My a-apologies!" She stuttered, her mind still not quite connected to her body yet for she had not slept well throughout the whole journey. Her mind restless about their inevitable arrival at Telethos, and the lack of rest had started to take its toll on her.

Sitting up straight in the saddle, a she felt a slight blush colour her olive skin; much to her disappointment. Her mind wanderred at her recent change in character. Before she had met this group, she had always been poised and in control. Now, it felt like long burried emotions were beginning to emerge, unbiddden and uncontrolled to express themselves at the surface.

Character Profiles: Lysiris Farandir & Iridris Farandir

Last edited by Wyeel; 09-07-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Only after a few days of riding towards the mountain kingdoms a eagle had flown over head and landed on Oloo's arm. Tied to its leg was a message from home. Reading the message the told Orion what had happened and that he had to leave, but since he was carrying most of his food for him gave Hugh's and Callias's backpacks to him. For the new few days of riding he ate what little food he need and continued to ride Foxfire hard to make good time.

His head tilted down and popped back up often, for he was tired, and on top of that he did not feel to well. Closing his eyes his head went slack and his breathing became rhythmic, only a sudden bump from Foxfire stepping on a rock woke him up. Head held high and eyes wide open he looked around at his surroundings. Nothing besides rich fertile farmland in front and to the sides, but behinds him hidden in the grass were his spiders, each of which carried wasps on it back.

Seeing the elf girl wake up as well gave him some satisfaction that he was not the only one who was tired. unfortunately she was riding with someone and with the way she jarred from waking up to realize she feel asleep on him looked like it hurt.

*gurgling sounds* Putting a hand on his stomach he rubbed it lightly. He did not feel hungry but if his stomach was making as much sound as it was he must have been. Reaching into a pack that was tied to the back of Foxfire he pulled out a apple. "Dear elf you seem tired, how does a apple sound to give you some stamina back?" Losing focus his neck went slack and his head dropped along with the apple in his arm.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Experienced Adventurer

"So you're up too, mate", Mill said and yawned. "First time I'm called an 'dear elf' but an apple would be nice."
He patted his new horse and fell asleep like only a oriented rider can, keeping his balance on a horse. His men followed behind him, and gave mistrusting looks towards the other soldiers.

Approved by Shedek
Old 12-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Experienced Adventurer

The arduous journey and various changes in temperature took a toll on his body. The cramping in his knees seems to keep him alert, for the most part, when he wasn`t nodding off from lack of activity. As a pastime, he found himself giving individual names to each of the small creatures that scurried out of the troupe`s way. A hawk, simply named Ned, a bright green and yellow gecko had been deemed Franklin, and even a scorpion that inadvertently became crushed under the steel of a horseshoe was given the title of Chance. Crae continued on though, surveying the area for any signs of life, other than the roaming wilds.

He could feel the young elven woman`s head bobbing side to side along his back. This girl knows how to sleep... Mentally noting the fact that she had been out for quite a long while. Suddenly, as if she had heard his thoughts, her body shifted and her hands that had fallen to Crae`s waist quickly returned back to his stomach area as they were before her deep slumber.

"A-Amin hiraetha! My a-apologies!" The ranger exclaimed in her disorientated awakening.

Crae chuckled, not minding one bit that the once stand-offish elf had become comfortable enough with him. "Hope you slept well..." He said to her, looking over his shoulder. "The incline is steep on these ridges, but it looks like we are keeping good pace with regard to time".

He turned his gaze toward the others, watching as they too were exhausted from such a trek across the wilderness. He caught a glimpse of the scurrying spiders as they followed their undead master, shaking his head in disapproval of their presence at all. To an Inquisitor of the Steel Empire, such relations with the undead bared dire consequences within their sect. However, Crae realized that each member of the troupe had similar goals in mind.

He only shrugged at the thought as his head turned to face forward.

"What I wouldn`t give for the warmth of the sun on my face again..." He said, looking up to the overcast sky.