Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > General Chat

Old 12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Post Email to Rowdy Baron Games

I think that lot of us have some important questions that can be answered only by Rowdy Baron Games, but they did not answer it in past few months or more. I have an idea how to solve this situation: We can write email, that will represent the questions of Dragon Tavern Community, and send it to the Rowdy Baron Games. This way they will surely notice it and maybe answer our questions. But to not overwhelm them with many questions I would like to pick about 5 or so. I think its worth a try, nothing bad can come out of it.

Here are my questions that interest me the most:
1. Will there be any festivus bonuses again?
2. Any hints about the new game "coming soon"?
3. Any plans for hardcore immortals?

Any other ideas for question?
Old 12-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Hello Drake.

I thought I'd reply to this message to let you guys know that DT is still alive and kicking. First, let me address your questions:

1) Festivus - Festivus will be here this year Coming soon! Save up a few AP if you want to make the most of it.

2) The new game mentioned a while back has actually been put on hold. When we announced that, we had every intention of launching something which was like a more base-building and warfare version for DT. In the design phase however, it wasn't coming together as we'd hoped, so rather than spend our time on something we weren't satisfied with, we put it on hold and focused on some other things instead. The idea behind it is a solid one but the mechanics were just not fun (or at least what we consider fun).

Overall we have about 5-6 games in the design phase, of which we're still considering which one we push into a proper development cycle. It's actually fairly normal for game devs, especially smaller groups who are doing it more as a hobby rather than a full time job, to try and discard many ideas before they find one that's good enough to take to the next phase.

3) Immortal Hardcore - Probably not going to happen. Never say never, but it's currently not the direction we want to take the game. Hardcore is a bit more of a throwaway sort of character, while immortals are supposed to be something you work on over a long period of time. The 2 goals seem counter intuitive, and I'd hate to see some 5th remort immortal get wiped due to an oopsie.

Just to assure everyone, we have not forgotten about DT, and while the updates may be slower and the forum posts take a long time to get replied to, we still consider DT important and will be adding bits and pieces to the game as our time allows for as long as we can.

Please remember though, that this is a more casual game and while we would love to work on these things full time, we run this more as a labor of love rather than a full time job. We have been working behind the scenes on a lot of new titles, as well as fixing bugs, but a lot of that will be invisible to you guys until one day a new game suddenly appears.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Thank you very much for answer I'm very happy that you have not forgotten about DT.

3) My idea for Immortal Hardcore is: you lose a lot, but not everything.
You lose all exp, skills, ultimate skills, gold, items, but you keep everything immortal (immortal points, immortal powers, immortal skills). It seems like a lot of fun for me and I would love to try it. And it is not much work to add it, I hope.
I would love to see it happen so much, that I am prepared to implement it myself, if you let me. But I understand that it is your game and you decide what will happen and what will not.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
Hello Drake.

I thought I'd reply to this message to let you guys know that DT is still alive and kicking. First, let me address your questions:
Understandable in all regards, except, it wouldn't hurt to interact / post updates and info so n then.

Spookeryday was skipped - couldn't things like that be activated automatically rather than manually?
Old 12-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Administrator

BBR, agreed probably could post more than we do. Will try and fix that but no promises (I promise nothing ever, don't take it personally).

Drake, sorry we don't let other people into the code appreciate the offer though. I will send the idea around the circuit again about immortal hardcore options. I have an idea which might be a good middleground, but I need to see how difficult it'll be to implement.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Perhaps some dev input on: http://forums.dragontavern.com/showthread.php?t=1928
Could make up for things? :P
Old 12-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
Hello Drake.

1) Festivus - Festivus will be here this year Coming soon! Save up a few AP if you want to make the most of it.
It's December the 24th today.

No festivus yet.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Adventurer

Wink Festivus!

Huzzah! Fakebeard has saved Festivus! Kind of disappointed that there wasn't a sale on much needed permanent items etc though,I had been trying to save up some credits for that. Oh well must be on the naughty list for bad adventures. It seems credits packages are doubled, Not sure how long this event will last? Anyone know?
Thanks to the DT team for again honoring Festivus. Merry Christmas and Seasons Beatings to all! Enjoy your Bezoar and Eggnog!
Old 12-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via MSN to Sandsfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooptie View Post
Huzzah! Fakebeard has saved Festivus! Kind of disappointed that there wasn't a sale on much needed permanent items etc though,I had been trying to save up some credits for that. Oh well must be on the naughty list for bad adventures. It seems credits packages are doubled, Not sure how long this event will last? Anyone know?
Thanks to the DT team for again honoring Festivus. Merry Christmas and Seasons Beatings to all! Enjoy your Bezoar and Eggnog!
Yay !! Fake bread showed up .. i was hoping he would stick around for the week at least until the New year..Merry Christmas to All !!
Old 12-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Yay it's here ^^

Tags
email, questions