Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Rookie Advice

Old 09-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Default For new Immortals

I thought I'd start a thread to advise new Immortals.

So here's two things I've learned from running my first three Immortals

1) Take Immortal Knowledge as your first power. Those extra 5 skill points mean you can fill up the Counter Skills by level 50 with two points to spare

2) Save those imp and upgrade to Tier 3 as quickly as possible. Whatever Path you've chosen it will be worth it
Old 09-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Adventurer

IK is absolute bs. You want the ap and the xp bonuses. Course, with some paths its better to save your imps for a faster tier 3 experience.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Experienced Adventurer

I disagree on the Immortal Knowledge as well.

As much as I like skill points, I found Explorer far more useful than the points have been. The ability to stay in sub-locals more (which generally give better xp and treasure) has caused me to level up faster.

As for the Path upgrades - I think it depends on the path. As a Chosen, I found that the Tier 2 has been worth it, but haven't felt like I needed the level 3. Besides, some of the other skills are fairly decent as well. Like the loot upgrades - those that give bonus xp mean that you'll outpace your gear pretty quickly (making that Haggler skill so very worthwhile).

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 09-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Experienced Adventurer

I agree that Legendary Hunter is very good, but from now on I'll be taking it second. I've found that without Immortal knowledge, or some kind of AR/DR bonus from your Path it's difficult to enter- or stay in a sub - until you are almost through it level wise.

Also agree about outpacing your equipment, but with IK you can start of with 2 or 3 skill points in Haggler.

With my most recent Immortals I started one with Legendary Explorer and one with Immortal Knowledge. I found the run through with Immortal Knowledge less problematical. In the end it probably comes down to your preferred style of play, I find I prefer IK as a start. Having said that Legendary Explorer really comes into it's own once you hit the Elite levels.

Last edited by nebsmith; 09-12-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebsmith View Post
With my most recent Immortals I started one with Legendary Hunter and one with Immortal Knowledge. I found the run through with Immortal Knowledge less problematical. In the end it probably comes down to your preferred style of play, I find I prefer IK as a start. Having said that Legendary Hunter really comes into it's own once you hit the Elite levels.
I'll agree with you there - it all comes down to play style. With how I run Ienzo, Explorer has been more of a boon to me than the IK would have been.

That being said, I do think that there are a few powers that can wait until later to be gotten (like Leg Drinker or Time Twister). To be honest, Ienzo at least probably won't pick up Mirror Realm for awhile - I so rarely fill his backpack due to his advantages, and when I do, I'm more likely to Cube it down.

But I'm a long way from that still. Haven't had much time to play lately (especially with my monster tracking and the release of the new Kingdom Hearts game) either.

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 10-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Experienced Adventurer

i havea quistion my dwarven berserker is almost lvl 55... becomeing an immortal doesent cost credits does it...
Eclipsus (might delete this one soon)
Old 03-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Adventurer

My strategy for my Immortal strategy has all been based around trying to earn credits.

1. I choose my first Immortal Power of Legendary Explorer. This will let me fight more bosses which have a chance for me to gain credits.
2. I choose my Immortal Path of Dragonsoul. This gives me a good chance to get in extra hits (very useful against a boss), and after doing that a few times earn AP to get back into sub-locations and fight more bosses.
3. I have spent my Immortal Skills on Immortal Endurance to get more AP every day... more bosses fought.
4. After my first remort I grabbed the power of Proven Fate. This gives me additional AP, especially in sub-locations and bosses... enough said.
5. Now that I'm approaching my next remort, I am planning on picking up Legendary Avenger to again improve battling of bosses and AP earned against them. Also, I think I'm finally going to level my Dragonsoul to Tier 2 as Legendary Endurance has become so expensive. I think I'll end up getting more AP out of it.

I suppose it is worth noting that I would have considered taking more money generating powers and skills, except that I found that the Gold Merchant Guild Membership has met my needs for keeping ahead in wealth. I am able to stay in sub-locations equal or high to my level on average.

~Ambrois, Lord of the Erupting Sky
The Argumentative Trophy (Reason Phase, War Aspect)
Old 06-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KniteFlux View Post
My strategy for my Immortal strategy has all been based around trying to earn credits.

1. I choose my first Immortal Power of Legendary Explorer. This will let me fight more bosses which have a chance for me to gain credits.
2. I choose my Immortal Path of Dragonsoul. This gives me a good chance to get in extra hits (very useful against a boss), and after doing that a few times earn AP to get back into sub-locations and fight more bosses.
3. I have spent my Immortal Skills on Immortal Endurance to get more AP every day... more bosses fought.
4. After my first remort I grabbed the power of Proven Fate. This gives me additional AP, especially in sub-locations and bosses... enough said.
5. Now that I'm approaching my next remort, I am planning on picking up Legendary Avenger to again improve battling of bosses and AP earned against them. Also, I think I'm finally going to level my Dragonsoul to Tier 2 as Legendary Endurance has become so expensive. I think I'll end up getting more AP out of it.

I suppose it is worth noting that I would have considered taking more money generating powers and skills, except that I found that the Gold Merchant Guild Membership has met my needs for keeping ahead in wealth. I am able to stay in sub-locations equal or high to my level on average.

~Ambrois, Lord of the Erupting Sky
The Argumentative Trophy (Reason Phase, War Aspect)
Nice...aside from Legendary Avenger your build is practically identical to mine . I chose Legendary Hunter at my third remort so that I could get it training early to get lots of nice passive bonuses through the remorts, but Legendary Avenger will definitely be my next one.

You definitely know what you're doing.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Adventurer

Default Believer Points

I'm remorted into a Demigod with Legendary Explorer. I'm sure I've racked up alot of believer points by now, but how do I spend them?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrow_awaits View Post
I'm remorted into a Demigod with Legendary Explorer. I'm sure I've racked up alot of believer points by now, but how do I spend them?
In case you haven't figured this out by now, you need to click on Power List - that'll bring up a box for you to spend points, and see the rest of your Immortal powers