Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > General Chat

Old 06-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by draqul View Post
I tried writing a story about Greasy, but he got so depressed half way through that he refused to come out of his bedroom. It kind of stalled the plot :/

Roleplaying a whiny musician is hard sometimes.

Suggestion: Put someone in the plot who will force him to do whatever you need him to in order to advance the plot.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Adventurer

Hey Ashen have you checked your social group requests?
Old 06-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Yes. You'll recall that I said I'd accept anyone who produced a decent Dragon Tavern story of some kind. You haven't produced any Dragon Tavern stories that I can see, not yet.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Adventurer

Sound like a plan to me. This seems as good a place as any to spin a good yarn. I'll get started on one right away. Might you be so kind as to tell me where they need be posted?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Experienced Adventurer

General Chat is where I put mine. There isn't a forum dedicated to this kind of thing yet.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
There isn't a forum dedicated to this kind of thing yet.
Even though I don't think that was meant to be even remotely amusing, I laughed aloud. It was probably the "yet" on the end.

Wow, you're really good motivating people. I've only ever written Naruto fanfiction, and I don't have a very good knowledge of this site yet, but once I've caught up in my research (figuratively speaking) I'll join you. It'll be fun. I'm a bad writer, but I try anyway. (I would be better with poetry if I could find a good subject to write about. But my creativity and ideas are very, very limited, and just as finite as yours.)
Old 07-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Hey, don't worry about it. So long as you're trying, you'll either figure out it's not for you or else you'll get better. So, go for it.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Why is it no one who promises a story delivers one? I mean, except Kuroneko, but one in four is not good odds. What happened to you guys?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Experienced Adventurer

I'm writing, but I'm having trouble coming up with a plot. Right now, I'm still writing the introduction chapter. I'm hoping I can make it nice and descriptive so that the readers have an idea of the scenery beforehand.

*sighs* And I'm still working on school -- into about half of my summer, so I've only got a little time because I'm falling farther and farther behind, and I'm moving, too. Since we haven't built our house yet, when my family goes to Ohio to deal with stuff since me and my brothers can't just stay here, we've got to stay in a two-room apartment. The rooms are each about the size of your average bedroom. And then the bathroom, but that's almost half-bath sized even though it's a full bath.

And there's no friggin' AC. So, I'm staying in what somewhat resembles a mud hut (if you've ever seen one), and there are five of us, and me and my brothers are sleeping on the ground, side-by-side, so it sucks.

Anyways, sorry. I'm very rant-y today. I hate that apartment.

Anywhoz, back to story-writing.
Ryoku Level 6 Warmaster

"This is a sworded bunny. For every sworded bunny in the world, one regular bunny is defeated. If we get enough sworded bunnies on the internet, we can stop bunnies insidious plot for world domination."

- (\__/)
- (='.'=)==l--
- (")_(")

SWORDED!

Helping Ashen's plot to destroy those damned bunnies and their plot to take the world over.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Adventurer

I'm working on it. I am very busy outside of this site and have my hands full trying to juggle all the things that I have to do. Everything that I have thus far is written in a word file and will be posted when I feel that it is done. So, my friend, it will get here when it gets here. Take a breath and be patient.