Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 09-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Yeah roleplaying is fun, and a lot of people I know who did roleplay say the same things. I pre-ordered Force unleashed II, and I am playing M&M and also deciding what to do with a giant badger. Thread based roleplay is so much easier to bottle out than sitting in a room for 9 hours. I guess its also easier to see the fun side of roleplaying when others are doing it, yet thinking and writing, and appeasing all (if thats even humanly possible, and me and QTchi know its not, well I speak for myself)... games i love

star wars
shadowrun
dark conspiracy
gurps
dungeons and dragons 2nd and before (4th isnt too bad, but bah!)

you can get lost in whatever you want, my old roleplay chum in his 50s now plays Buffy the vampire slayer... I thought that was pretty sad, but he likes it.

I would really love to play a grey hawk, dark sun or ravenloft adventure for real. The galaxy of star wars is great cus if I run a game it doesnt have to be cannon like forum goers seem to expect. Yes I agree thats why I play Dragons Tavern. In fantasy, its fun and its got a good story.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:04 AM
Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to kalzekdor

I was attracted to DT rp for much the same reasons. I'd done tabletop rp before, and I enjoy writing fiction, but had never done forum rp. A setting that was more of a blank slate, rather than a more encompassing canon (yes, that's how it's spelled), was more appealing.

Unfortunately, the thread I joined died out fairly quickly, and then RL issues prevented me from joining another. Still, the expedition left me with a taste for it, so if anyone ever starts a new story, pm me, and I will try to join.

Incidentally, does anyone know any active fallout rp forums? I've been a huge fallout fan for over ten years.

Hardcore
Old 09-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Well it's nice to see a few others have chimed in, and Kalzekdor...it seems your last two post were like your brain just suddenly split into two different people who were trying to convey the same thought but worded it differently

In any case, I do like the DT world for the reasons many of us agree on and will (very soon) start a new thread which will be open RP so feel free to join. But as I mentioned, the storyline isn't going to be so deep that it goes in a million directions and we all lose interest because the plot is convoluted.

Also (if all contributing RPers agree), then we will just make it as though each of us has already crossed paths at one time or another but no one is really a close ally (or rival as it may be!) or knows too much about the others.

Also, to keep things clean, I will most likely use my "inknform" screen name for the GM/Narrator posts, but my character will be written under "die2self" as my Witch Hunter, Crae Adeimar.

So look for a new adventure thread coming to a Bard's Table near you!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to kalzekdor

I posted once, nothing showed up, so I rewrote the post and submitted it again, and then both show up, lol. I deleted the first one, sorry about that.

Hardcore
Old 09-14-2010, 11:38 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

Glad to see some old faces come back into play! I'm excited for the new RP coming up!!!

~ Qtchi's Profile ~
Old 09-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Experienced Adventurer

This might sound stupid but I did actually wonder how it was spelt. But nigh thought it was too important enough to correct, but glad to know.

Perhaps it would be wise to start a RP thread afresh, new characters, a defined GM, and a start date and an end date. An end date would close the thread at this time.

All canon created could be definite and singular to that thread. I liked the idea and how some threads have come along. I think, and I speak for myself, that its much different from table top roleplaying due to the fact of no speech, no acting compared to language and literature. Personally, I prefer thesbian roleplay. But am enjoying it.

I really quite like the idea of a horror thread, i like fallout too, found some threads on a fanfic page a while ago, i did opt in for that actually i recall, but never finished *grins guiltily*

Speak to you soon, QTchi, sorry still finding some inspiration to write.

xxx
Old 09-17-2010, 04:26 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

Am I the only person who see's Mickey Mouse in InknForm's new avatar? heehee

~ Qtchi's Profile ~
Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTChi View Post
Am I the only person who see's Mickey Mouse in InknForm's new avatar? heehee
Yep, it's just you
Old 09-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Looks like a gas mask to me...

EDIT: Realized after posting that I should really say more than that, but apparently my message had to be approved by a moderator first. I guess that my old ways of babbling and then editing will have to change xP.

Well, it has been indeed a long while since I was here. My apologies go to Qtchi and Stardebut for not keeping active in the appropriate thread. To cut long story short, there basically was a lull for a couple of weeks where no one posted anything and things just got a lil bit busier for me (not excusing myself here... well, maybe I am x3, please forgive me), and it still is.

It is good to see some of you old guys back here, and for Ink's idea of starting up an entirely new thread. Apologies about Telethos seemingly to take forever, cause by the time we actually got there, people probably lost interest. I'd like to blame that on my over imaginative mind spitting out tons of ideas that they eventually get cluttered up.

So anyways, it's good to be back (even if for a while). Not sure how often I can keep posting but I'll be sure to keep active if I eventually do join a thread =]

Character Profiles: Lysiris Farandir & Iridris Farandir

Last edited by Wyeel; 09-23-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Wyeel!

Eh...no explanation needed. I can definitely understand RL situations take precedence over anything else. Can you believe my daughter Mia is 16 months old already?? She is going into the "terrible two's" stage so it has been a challenge But, she is so awesome nonetheless!

I am hoping to crank out a new storyline SOON, which is more or less going to revolve around the centralized area where the Dragon Tavern Inn is situated. However, it's not going to be the typical "sitting in the tavern" thread Although, if that's where anyone starts their intro is really up to them, but it's not going to be the focal point.

In any case Wyeel, hope you have the time to pop in and post