Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Roach Catchers

Old 06-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Adventurer

Thumbs down deadly times

hi grumpy here again, just to let you know inow have 4 characters with over 200,000 death points 5 characters 100,000 and now 10 with 50,000 or below only 1 with none seems one wound is the most you carry forward to the next exploration if any higher you are courting death so its either lose a/p traveling to d/r or half your exp point to death debt. so you takes your choice regards Yesterday.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Adventurer

Wow. Is that even a sentence? I mean, it has to be a sentence, because it has a full stop at the end, right? Can someone please translate?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Experienced Adventurer

looks like he's got alotta characters that keep dying...
Old 06-17-2009, 05:17 AM
Miniature Antispam Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterday View Post
hi grumpy here again, just to let you know inow have 4 characters with over 200,000 death points 5 characters 100,000 and now 10 with 50,000 or below only 1 with none seems one wound is the most you carry forward to the next exploration if any higher you are courting death so its either lose a/p traveling to d/r or half your exp point to death debt. so you takes your choice regards Yesterday.
It's nice to see a question written so coherently and straightforward. I'll answer this in the OP's native tongue.

hi im puffles, inow have read your post i see you have 10 characters seems and they have differing death points to that which is hardly any none and though you have only carried 1 forward you are death close anyhow the solution is that the normal to spend heals on the travels to d/r with a/p as the normal for levels as low is many death points without. indeed takes your choosing will not bugged hope helps Puffles.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Hardcore ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last edited by Puffles; 06-17-2009 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Big question: are you keeping up with your equipment?
Be awarned, least THEY appear
----------------------------------
To take thee to account, for thou current deeds
Old 06-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Default Using not losing AP going to Dragon Tavern

Don't think of returning to the Tavern as losing AP's... if you are banged up.. take the time to return.. have a rest, possibly a cocktail.. listen to a tune or two... relax...

Even the most blood thirsty of explorer has to take some time off...

It sounds like you have answered your own question... if your current strategy is leading to death too often, take a less risky one... The "good news" is with your xp debt, you will be leveling slower for a while, that will allow you to build up some gold to purchase better equipment, which will lead to less deaths..

Take a moment to search the forums for the chart on TOAD weaknesses... be sure you are using your skill points to offset your weaknesses....

Not sure what level you are, but if you spend your first 5 skill points building up your health that can help quite a bit at lower levels...

If you know all of these basic strategies and you are a higher level.. and just running into a string of bad luck.. then sorry none of this will help much...

One other "trick" that has worked for me... If I build up my AP's for a character to say 150-200 and use them all at once.. it helps to get a "feel" for the character... I'm more able to relate with their current level, and risk tolerance.. seems like less deaths if I can get in a rhythm....

One other "state of mind" type of thing... If one character dies.. don't get frustrated.. don't rush right back out and try to prove something... go check your email... come in here and type some more hate mail....doesn't hurt to complain... blow off some steam.... then after a bit.. and you are calm.. start adventuring again... Don't let one death lead to 19 again...

DT is suppose to be fun... obviously it can be very frustrating when the "numbers" go against you... but try and have some fun with it...

Good luck...

Roland