Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Roach Catchers

Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Adventurer

Default Licking the TOAD

So the TOAD is a moderately complex beastie, and I'm not convinced I've gotten a solid handle on it.

Sure the random element rules over everything else, but I've noticed that some of the sub-locations are skewed (one way or another) in terms of what tactics are used by the critters encountered.

Has anyone considered crunching some numbers and working out which of the sub-locations work best for which TOAD values (and hence for different character types)?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Well, this isn't technically a bug but I'll explain how it works.

The portions of one TOAD type to another in main locations are not 100% even, because that's not as much fun to create content for (to me at least) however I did go over them and try and even up the numbers and create a few more monsters where one area was lacking. The end result is that normal locations are roughly the same, however there are some which are more prominent in some, but not in others.

Sub Locations are another matter entirely They're intentionally skewed in some directions, as it makes more sense from a game-lore point of view. This is intentional, and considered part of learning the game that advanced players can make the most of. It's not a gamebreaker (I hope) to anyone who doesn't care though.

Just one of the many invisible edges that players who play a lot and pay attention can get.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
Well, this isn't technically a bug but I'll explain how it works.
Hey man, I'm just doing what the sign on the door says: "Got a technical question? Ask it here. Found the secret way to get the bar wench frisky? For the love of the Emperor, let us know!"
Old 06-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Meddling Fool

Toad-licking gets the bar wench frisky?
Old 06-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
The portions of one TOAD type to another in main locations are not 100% even, because that's not as much fun to create content for (to me at least) however I did go over them and try and even up the numbers and create a few more monsters where one area was lacking. The end result is that normal locations are roughly the same, however there are some which are more prominent in some, but not in others.

Just one of the many invisible edges that players who play a lot and pay attention can get.
I knew it! Thank you for confirming that I'm not paranoid; I noticed a discrepancy between locations with characters of different classes/TOADs. I'm glad it's been tweaked a bit, though, as it was a good exploit

Tags
exploits, hax, lick, tactics, toad