Dragon Tavern Forums
 

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Roach Catchers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-09-2008, 02:49 PM
HotToGo HotToGo is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 24
Default Invisible button and rankings.

Hey,

When you leave your computer afk for a while and go back to do something with your character it takes you to the screen where you must re log in. The button under your password saying login is not visible, a small line of it is visible and the button itself works but i can't see the whole thing.

Internet explorer 7.0.6001.18000

Also my character Arrwen (dices bitch) on the rankings shows that i have over 4 million gold acquired but i am placed behind those who have less than 4 million. Not sure if its a bug or not, seems to be one.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Rhialto's Avatar
Rhialto Rhialto is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotToGo View Post
Also my character Arrwen (dices bitch) on the rankings shows that i have over 4 million gold acquired but i am placed behind those who have less than 4 million. Not sure if its a bug or not, seems to be one.
2. Arwren, Dice's Bitch, 17, Mountain Kingdoms, Moon Elf Ranger with 5876064 pieces of gold

Geesh! How come you have so much gold!? And you say you are unlucky Gambling? Yeah sure...

I'm jealous :P

EDIT:

Hey I looked a bit further by clicking your name and I see you have 0 gold!?!?

And when I said the 49%/51% was not true we only need to look at your recent happenings:
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 424160 coins playing Mung Skull!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 512000 coins playing Rooski Wand Roulette!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 256000 coins playing Rooski Wand Roulette!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 128000 coins playing Belcher's Gambit
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 64000 coins playing Chug-a-Lugs!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 32000 coins playing Chug-a-Lugs!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 4000 coins playing Rooski Wand Roulette!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 2000 coins playing Chug-a-Lugs!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 1000 coins playing Mung Skull!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch won 2000 coins playing Mung Skull!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 1000 coins playing Rooski Wand Roulette!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch won 32000 coins playing Chug-a-Lugs!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 4000 coins playing Rooski Wand Roulette!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 2000 coins playing Mung Skull!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 1000 coins playing Chug-a-Lugs!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch won 1000 coins playing Chug-a-Lugs!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch won 4000 coins playing Rooski Wand Roulette!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 2000 coins playing Rooski Wand Roulette!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 1000 coins playing Mung Skull!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch won 32000 coins playing Chug-a-Lugs!
On 20 entries, 15 are lost. This represent a 25%/75% ratio for you.

Last edited by Rhialto; 06-09-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Rhialto's Avatar
Rhialto Rhialto is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 406
Default

Oh and speaking of invisible, will you guys (Thomas and ?) add a little icon left of Rankings and Recent Happenings? All 5 other have one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Damana Mathos's Avatar
Damana Mathos Damana Mathos is offline
Dragon Tavern Overseer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 917
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhialto View Post
Oh and speaking of invisible, will you guys (Thomas and ?) add a little icon left of Rankings and Recent Happenings? All 5 other have one.
There are a couple actually, though you'll need to clear your cache. Or alternatively just load up the image directly by clicking here then click Refresh/Reload.
__________________
Playing as:


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-10-2008, 02:18 AM
HotToGo HotToGo is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhialto View Post
[i][b]2.

Hey I looked a bit further by clicking your name and I see you have 0 gold!?!?

And when I said the 49%/51% was not true we only need to look at your recent happenings:
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 424160 coins playing Mung Skull!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 512000 coins playing Rooski Wand Roulette!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 256000 coins playing Rooski Wand Roulette!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 128000 coins playing Belcher's Gambit
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 64000 coins playing Chug-a-Lugs!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 32000 coins playing Chug-a-Lugs!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 4000 coins playing Rooski Wand Roulette!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 2000 coins playing Chug-a-Lugs!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch lost 1000 coins playing Mung Skull!
  • Arwren, Dice's Bitch won 2000 coins playing Mung Skull!
On 20 entries, 15 are lost. This represent a 25%/75% ratio for you.

I have always wondered if there are any other factors apart from a clean 49% chance to win every time, it seems that if you make alot of money of gambling it makes you loose 9 times in a row till you have now money left.

Is it a clean 49%? Because this is the second time i have lost everything because of over 7 losses in a row, it seems to happen a bit too often to be chance, I mean what are the odds?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Old Gregg's Avatar
Old Gregg Old Gregg is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 14
Default

wow
thats sucks dude

i have never lost more than 6 times in a row and i gamble a lot
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Jenna's Avatar
Jenna Jenna is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotToGo View Post
7 losses in a row, it seems to happen a bit too often to be chance, I mean what are the odds?
If you have a 51% chance of losing, your odds of losing 7 in a row are a 1 in 111 (or 0.9%).

Some people are pursuing a strategy of gambling only until they win, doubling the amount gambled each loss. In this case, it's not strange to see more losses than wins in their Recent Happenings: there won't be more than one win per gambling session, but may be any number of losses.

I think DT may save some people from big gambling losses in real life!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Damana Mathos's Avatar
Damana Mathos Damana Mathos is offline
Dragon Tavern Overseer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
If you have a 51% chance of losing, your odds of losing 7 in a row are a 1 in 111 (or 0.9%).
It's important to note that the 0.9% chance is the chance of getting 7 in a row when you're only better 7 times. If you're going to gamble 100 times, the chances of getting a streak of 7+ is considerably higher than the 0.9% I think -- though someone else can post the exact numbers if they like.
__________________
Playing as:


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Jenna's Avatar
Jenna Jenna is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 19
Default

Good point.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:48 AM
HotToGo HotToGo is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 24
Default

What about 9 times in a row lol, if there really isn't any other formula apart from a clean 49% chance of me winning its fair enough I lossed, just trying to make sure theres no code to stop us making money :P
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Style by: vbskinpixel.com