Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > General Chat

Old 12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinzeus View Post
Correct.
Billy and S-man (for the BvS fans) were playing rock paper scissors.They had 3 throws,one for every item.If one of them wins a throw,they get 1 point.If any of them loses a throw,they lose a point (negative scores apply).Draw changes nothing.What would happen if:
1)There were no draws in the 3 throws.
2)If the first throw was a draw.
3)ONLY the second throw is a draw.
Presuming that they can only use each item once... (so if they use the Scissors on the first round, then they cannot use it on either of the other two)

1) One will win with 3 points. With no draws, that means that one of them won each time. With no draws (and the above presumption), it means that one was lucky enough to cycle through their options to win each battle. Ex: If Billy plays his in the order of Rock-Paper-Scissors, and SNAKEMAN happens to play his Paper on the first throw - he wins a point. Now for the second throw, he can either use Scissors or Rock. However, knowing that there were no draws means that he could not have used the Scissors on the last throw and instead must have used them on the second throw (and beat Billy's Paper), leaving his Rock to be used on the final throw - and winning all three. Final Score: -3 - 3

2) It will end in a draw. Either both players will draw all three times, or they will each win once and lose once. Ex: Billy will, once again, go in the order Rock-Paper-Scissors. We know that SNAKEMAN will throw the Rock on the first throw, leaving him with Paper and Scissors. If he throws Scissors the 2nd throw, that only leaves him with Paper, thus they each win one point and lose one point. Final Score: 0-0

3) Another 0-0 fight. Billy: Rock-Paper-Scissors. SNAKEMAN: X-Paper-X. SNAKE-y could not have thrown the Rock on the first throw, as the only draw is the second throw (Paper). Thus he must have thrown Rock against Billy's Scissors (winning a point) and Scissors against Billy's Rock (losing a point).

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 12-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Adventurer

here's another pretty simple one:

A dog is chained to a pole on someones front lawn. The chain reaches no longer than ten feet. The dog's food and water is 15 feet away from him.
The dog proceeds to walk over and eat his food.

how is this?

"When The Power Of Love,
Overcomes The Love Of Power,
The World Will Know Peace"
Jimi Hendrix.

Best Character: War Master: Ocatavian III, level 27
Old 12-30-2008, 03:38 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet w/ Butterfly Wings View Post
here's another pretty simple one:

A dog is chained to a pole on someones front lawn. The chain reaches no longer than ten feet. The dog's food and water is 15 feet away from him.
The dog proceeds to walk over and eat his food.

how is this?
the dog's on the far side of the post, and the food is 15 feet away on the other side of the post.

also, i think this one's been posted somewhere before in her
Old 12-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maethus View Post
the dog's on the far side of the post, and the food is 15 feet away on the other side of the post.

also, i think this one's been posted somewhere before in her
really? oh well, you got it anyway...

I lack the brainpower to make anything too complicated... I'll just sit back and watch now

"When The Power Of Love,
Overcomes The Love Of Power,
The World Will Know Peace"
Jimi Hendrix.

Best Character: War Master: Ocatavian III, level 27
Old 12-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via MSN to marinzeus Send a message via Skype™ to marinzeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGwyddion View Post
Presuming that they can only use each item once... (so if they use the Scissors on the first round, then they cannot use it on either of the other two)

1) One will win with 3 points. With no draws, that means that one of them won each time. With no draws (and the above presumption), it means that one was lucky enough to cycle through their options to win each battle. Ex: If Billy plays his in the order of Rock-Paper-Scissors, and SNAKEMAN happens to play his Paper on the first throw - he wins a point. Now for the second throw, he can either use Scissors or Rock. However, knowing that there were no draws means that he could not have used the Scissors on the last throw and instead must have used them on the second throw (and beat Billy's Paper), leaving his Rock to be used on the final throw - and winning all three. Final Score: -3 - 3

2) It will end in a draw. Either both players will draw all three times, or they will each win once and lose once. Ex: Billy will, once again, go in the order Rock-Paper-Scissors. We know that SNAKEMAN will throw the Rock on the first throw, leaving him with Paper and Scissors. If he throws Scissors the 2nd throw, that only leaves him with Paper, thus they each win one point and lose one point. Final Score: 0-0

3) Another 0-0 fight. Billy: Rock-Paper-Scissors. SNAKEMAN: X-Paper-X. SNAKE-y could not have thrown the Rock on the first throw, as the only draw is the second throw (Paper). Thus he must have thrown Rock against Billy's Scissors (winning a point) and Scissors against Billy's Rock (losing a point).
I couldnt have said it better myself
I have a few more,but no time today so I'll post them tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Adventurer

Point to Temeraire

man I've only solved like two riddles this entire thread...you people are amazing.

Mr. Dodgers was picking peaches for the boys and girls in his neighborhood. He picked enough peaches to fill a box containing 72 peaches. He weighed the box on a scale and found that the box and the peaches together weighed ten kilograms. Mr. Dodgers then decided to pick enough peaches for the kids in the next neighborhood so he added another 32 peaches to the box. On the second weighing, the peaches weighed 13 kilograms. What, if anything, is wrong with the above situation?

BUNNY SWORDED!

Why? You see, bunny is trying to take over the world by getting people to paste him into their sigs. We are on a quest to save the world from Leporidaen tyranny. Paste this sworded bunny into your sig. For every sworded bunny, one regular bunny is defeated. Together, we can stop bunnies insidious plot for world domination.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Well, if the box only holds 72 peaches, (the first part stated he filled it) then he added another 32.. he's gonna have a bit of a mess on his hands Now, if he uses another box for the 2nd 32, he'll be all set.

Also, assuming each neighbor has about the same amount of kids, There's the fact that he picked less than half the amount for the next neighbor, thus causing strife and perhaps a gang war (if they're good peaches)

One of these is a serious answer
Old 12-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Experienced Adventurer

I dont think anything's wrong with the situation.The riddle says that "the peaches weighed 13 kilograms",meaning without the boxes.If for example the box weighs 1 kilogram,the 72 peaches weigh 10-1=9 kilos.72:9=8,meaning 8 peaches weigh 1 kilo.In the second weighing,32 peaches are added,weighing 32:8=3,75,which is almost 4 kilos.9+3,75=12,75 which is almost 13 kilos.
I know its wrong,but new riddle:
Fletch and Hermano were a pair of endangered birds.They were 1/7th of the world population.But Hermano died(take that!).What part of the remaining population was Fletch?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinzeus View Post
I know its wrong,but new riddle:
Fletch and Hermano were a pair of endangered birds.They were 1/7th of the world population.But Hermano died(take that!).What part of the remaining population was Fletch?
Fletch is then 1/13th of the exotic bird species.

Together, they are 1/7th or 2/14ths. Hermano dies, subtracting 1 from both the pair and the overall species total, leaving the more awesome bird alive.

Of course, if you only have 13 of your species left, you should probably be considered too endangered to recover.

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 12-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGwyddion View Post
Fletch is then 1/13th of the exotic bird species.

Together, they are 1/7th or 2/14ths. Hermano dies, subtracting 1 from both the pair and the overall species total, leaving the more awesome bird alive.

Of course, if you only have 13 of your species left, you should probably be considered too endangered to recover.
Correct.If Mordul is the best at riddles,am I the second best (atleast current)?
Here's a "nice" riddle:What happens if you cross a bulldog with a shi tzu?