Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > General Chat

Old 01-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Adventurer

good grief you even got the weird math one...

3 points to maethus, one point to DarkGwyddion, one point to marin

and DarkGwyddion apparently has some nice range without Fletch to boost it up, I could have gotten my three without the range boost, but I go overkill on my range since I'm trying to get through the wasteland (still in the outskirts bah).

Sid Shady, the notorious jewel thief, lay dead by the side of the tracks. He had been on a train, west bound from Calgary to Vancouver. The train had passed by this spot an hour earlier at approximately 6:30 p.m. Shadow quickly examined the body then slipped his sun glasses on and walked towards the sinking sun and the luggage containing Shady's clothes. Further down the tracks, Shadow found another bag containing money and jewelry. "Looks like Shady was about to be robbed and jumped to escape," noted Officer Bob Slack. "It's most obvious that our Mr. Shady did not leave the train voluntarily, if he was even alive when he left," stated Shadow. Why does Shadow feel this way?

BUNNY SWORDED!

Why? You see, bunny is trying to take over the world by getting people to paste him into their sigs. We are on a quest to save the world from Leporidaen tyranny. Paste this sworded bunny into your sig. For every sworded bunny, one regular bunny is defeated. Together, we can stop bunnies insidious plot for world domination.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via MSN to marinzeus Send a message via Skype™ to marinzeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordul View Post
good grief you even got the weird math one...

3 points to maethus, one point to DarkGwyddion, one point to marin

and DarkGwyddion apparently has some nice range without Fletch to boost it up, I could have gotten my three without the range boost, but I go overkill on my range since I'm trying to get through the wasteland (still in the outskirts bah).

Sid Shady, the notorious jewel thief, lay dead by the side of the tracks. He had been on a train, west bound from Calgary to Vancouver. The train had passed by this spot an hour earlier at approximately 6:30 p.m. Shadow quickly examined the body then slipped his sun glasses on and walked towards the sinking sun and the luggage containing Shady's clothes. Further down the tracks, Shadow found another bag containing money and jewelry. "Looks like Shady was about to be robbed and jumped to escape," noted Officer Bob Slack. "It's most obvious that our Mr. Shady did not leave the train voluntarily, if he was even alive when he left," stated Shadow. Why does Shadow feel this way?
Im not sure,but if he jumped to escape,wouldnt the bag of money be closer to the body?
Mordul the candy one wasnt that hard,I play darts and I use average scores a lot.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Adventurer

because shady's luggage was thrown off the train after he had left it.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
I find that I prefer Str to Range, so that's why I'm working with Str allies, though I did use Fletch for a very long time.

I stopped working on Wasteland (still in Outskirts) to work on BurgerNinja instead. Can't get the Gressy Fries or Nuggets to drop, though.

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 01-04-2009, 04:33 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiethegirl View Post
because shady's luggage was thrown off the train after he had left it.
Exactely: the train was heading west, and Shadow put on his glasses and headed into the setting sun, the bag of clothes and money were further west than the body, which means they were thrown off after Shady (although, who ever did it is a moron; for throwing the money off the train)
Be awarned, least THEY appear
----------------------------------
To take thee to account, for thou current deeds
Old 01-04-2009, 05:35 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinzeus View Post
That cant be right.The fifth bag has 16 candies,making the total average 20.
(84+16):5=20; 20-16=4
Am I right?
Dont forget:
Ahhh... I see.. I read the question as 84 in EACH of the 4 bags.. not total.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Adventurer

Temeraire I did the same thing my first run through.

point to robbiethegirl, close marin but yours was only a probably while the luggage being to the west by a fair margin was absolute in my mind.

DarkGwyddion I see your point but I still think about raising my range more than I really need it.

Jed Recluse lived alone and he preferred it that way. Jed never had any visitors and he never visited anyone. Since Jed never left his house it was necessary to have his supplies delivered every two weeks. One dark and stormy night Jed lost control of his senses, turned off all the lights and went to sleep. The next morning it was discovered that Jed's actions resulted in the deaths of several people. Why?

Two cars made their way along the winding country road and came to an abrupt stop at the park's gate. Seven men got out of the two cars and proceeded along a footpath when it began to rain. Six of the men began to walk faster to get out of the rain but the seventh man couldn't be bothered. Ironically it was the seventh man who remained dry and the other six got soaked. Since all seven men arrived at their destination together, how was this possible?

BUNNY SWORDED!

Why? You see, bunny is trying to take over the world by getting people to paste him into their sigs. We are on a quest to save the world from Leporidaen tyranny. Paste this sworded bunny into your sig. For every sworded bunny, one regular bunny is defeated. Together, we can stop bunnies insidious plot for world domination.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via MSN to marinzeus Send a message via Skype™ to marinzeus

Quote:
Jed Recluse lived alone and he preferred it that way. Jed never had any visitors and he never visited anyone. Since Jed never left his house it was necessary to have his supplies delivered every two weeks. One dark and stormy night Jed lost control of his senses, turned off all the lights and went to sleep. The next morning it was discovered that Jed's actions resulted in the deaths of several people. Why?

Two cars made their way along the winding country road and came to an abrupt stop at the park's gate. Seven men got out of the two cars and proceeded along a footpath when it began to rain. Six of the men began to walk faster to get out of the rain but the seventh man couldn't be bothered. Ironically it was the seventh man who remained dry and the other six got soaked. Since all seven men arrived at their destination together, how was this possible?

Jed was working on the tower of an island prison (like Alcatraz).With him turning the guard lights off,the prisoners escaped.
And about the seven guys,he had an umbrella

And this is me being annoying:
Quote:
Money is right above my reach. The Emergency Room is on the bottom floor.The third cabinet is on my left. I owe the neighbour on my right 5 euro.
What Am I?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Adventurer

Jed: not sure, but maybe he lives in a lighthouse or something. It was a stormy day like you said, so maybe there way a ship nearby.

As for the 7 people, the only way they could arrive at the destination together is if the 6 people are carrying the seventh, one of the sensible explanations is that he is dead and in a coffin and they are carrying him to church or cemetery.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Adventurer

2 points to Edik for answering both of my questions with my answers.
1 point to marin for the alcatraz reconstruction nice. but remember that 1) iffn there was an umbrella they could have shared 2) no umbrella I know will stop the rain from splashing back up.

Miss Led was strolling past the "Soul-Ace Hotel". Hardy Pyle saw her through the window and rushed out to say hello. He called out and when Miss Led turned around and waved, Hardy was 400 meters behind and walking in her direction. They each walked 200 meters in a direst line, their faces toward each other. After their 200 meter walk, they were still 400 meters apart. How could this be?

It was midnight when Shadow pulled up to the home of SamSham. Sam was on his front lawn photographing the heavens. Shadow began: "There was a break-in at a local jewelry store a couple of hours ago and an eyewitness claims to have seen a man fitting your description fleeing the scene," Sam quickly replied, "It wasn't me, I've been here taking a picture of the "Little Dipper" for the past two hours. The stars are particularly clear on such a dark night." Sam clicked the shutter of his camera closed and said, "There, I've just finished a two hour exposure.. I'll go and develop this picture and prove my innocence," When Shadow examined the developed photograph, he saw a perfectly clear picture of the "Little Dipper". Would this picture substantiate Sam's alibi?

Sid Shady was working for a large construction company that was very concerned about employee theft. Someone tipped company security that Shady was the man to watch. Each night, he passed through security with a wheelbarrow full of scrap lumber, discarded electrical wires (none copper), and chunks of concrete. The security guards checked the contents daily, but could find nothing of value. What was Shady stealing?

BUNNY SWORDED!