Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > General Chat

Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Experienced Adventurer

For Marin - the answer to yours is the number 4 (on a keyboard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordul View Post
2 points to Edik for answering both of my questions with my answers.
1 point to marin for the alcatraz reconstruction nice. but remember that 1) iffn there was an umbrella they could have shared 2) no umbrella I know will stop the rain from splashing back up.

Miss Led was strolling past the "Soul-Ace Hotel". Hardy Pyle saw her through the window and rushed out to say hello. He called out and when Miss Led turned around and waved, Hardy was 400 meters behind and walking in her direction. They each walked 200 meters in a direst line, their faces toward each other. After their 200 meter walk, they were still 400 meters apart. How could this be?
errr, don't know this one.

Quote:
It was midnight when Shadow pulled up to the home of SamSham. Sam was on his front lawn photographing the heavens. Shadow began: "There was a break-in at a local jewelry store a couple of hours ago and an eyewitness claims to have seen a man fitting your description fleeing the scene," Sam quickly replied, "It wasn't me, I've been here taking a picture of the "Little Dipper" for the past two hours. The stars are particularly clear on such a dark night." Sam clicked the shutter of his camera closed and said, "There, I've just finished a two hour exposure.. I'll go and develop this picture and prove my innocence," When Shadow examined the developed photograph, he saw a perfectly clear picture of the "Little Dipper". Would this picture substantiate Sam's alibi?
With a 2 hour exposure the stars would have moved creating lines rather than a clear picture

Quote:
Sid Shady was working for a large construction company that was very concerned about employee theft. Someone tipped company security that Shady was the man to watch. Each night, he passed through security with a wheelbarrow full of scrap lumber, discarded electrical wires (none copper), and chunks of concrete. The security guards checked the contents daily, but could find nothing of value. What was Shady stealing?
He was stealing wheelbarrows
Old 01-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Miss Led may have had her face to Pyle, but she still had her back to him so was walking away

If it was really a 2 hour exposure, the "Little Dipper" would not have been a clear picture (it would have been a trail of lights as the stars moved for the two hours)

Shady was stealing wheelbarrows
Be awarned, least THEY appear
----------------------------------
To take thee to account, for thou current deeds
Old 01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
DarkGwyddion I see your point but I still think about raising my range more than I really need it.
Ehh.. true. Immaterial now, as I just looped (made it to Top Jonin yesterday, got a Golden item, and looped) and thus do not have Fletch anymore.

Quote:
Miss Led was strolling past the "Soul-Ace Hotel". Hardy Pyle saw her through the window and rushed out to say hello. He called out and when Miss Led turned around and waved, Hardy was 400 meters behind and walking in her direction. They each walked 200 meters in a direst line, their faces toward each other. After their 200 meter walk, they were still 400 meters apart. How could this be?
They were across the street from each other.

Quote:
It was midnight when Shadow pulled up to the home of SamSham. Sam was on his front lawn photographing the heavens. Shadow began: "There was a break-in at a local jewelry store a couple of hours ago and an eyewitness claims to have seen a man fitting your description fleeing the scene," Sam quickly replied, "It wasn't me, I've been here taking a picture of the "Little Dipper" for the past two hours. The stars are particularly clear on such a dark night." Sam clicked the shutter of his camera closed and said, "There, I've just finished a two hour exposure.. I'll go and develop this picture and prove my innocence," When Shadow examined the developed photograph, he saw a perfectly clear picture of the "Little Dipper". Would this picture substantiate Sam's alibi?
In two hours, the stars would have moved, so the picture would not be clean and clear. Also, Sam would want to let his camera sit on a tripod or something for that entire time anyways, otherwise, his heartbeat would cause the picture to blur slightly, meaning that he was capable of leaving his camera exposed to the night sky while he went and robbed the store. (Of course, presumeably, Sam is trying to show that he was just getting set up at the time the robber was fleeing the scene.)

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial

Last edited by DarkGwyddion; 01-04-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Right, a 2 hour exposure would mean he was in his front garden at the time the robber was seen fleeing, and unless the store was next door, Sam could not have done it
Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via MSN to marinzeus Send a message via Skype™ to marinzeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chon View Post
For Marin - the answer to yours is the number 4 (on a keyboard)
With some delay-correct!Point to Chon
Not gonna try with Mordul's-too much candidats.
60% of the footballers in Brazil kick the ball with the left foot.75% kick it with the right one.
1)How is this possible?
2)What percent kick only with the left foot?
3)What percent kick only with the right?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Experienced Adventurer

1) because some can kick with both feet
Old 01-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via MSN to marinzeus Send a message via Skype™ to marinzeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkVisor View Post
1) because some can kick with both feet
Correct so far. 0.33 points to DarkVisor
Now the hard part is left
Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Experienced Adventurer

on the football one:

40% kick with the right foot
25% kick with the left
35% kick with both
Old 01-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Adventurer

2 points to chon for wheelbarrows and photography
hmm I'll go ahead and give three point to DarkVisor since I believe he could have taken five minutes to compose his answer while chon had already answered two of them.

DarkGwyddion congrats on looping and getting top jounin, I have an alt in a small village so I'm gonna have to pull off something special to get that done.
And while my fletch statement made next to no sense, your photography statement possibly confuses me more...three times I've read it and I'm still confused as to what you were trying to say exactly. Hopefully DarkVisor understood. But I'll give you a point for that nice explanation for the 400 yard distance.

"Therein lies the secret," said Scheming Suzie. "For you see, there is a seven letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters." What is the word?

BUNNY SWORDED!

Why? You see, bunny is trying to take over the world by getting people to paste him into their sigs. We are on a quest to save the world from Leporidaen tyranny. Paste this sworded bunny into your sig. For every sworded bunny, one regular bunny is defeated. Together, we can stop bunnies insidious plot for world domination.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
DarkGwyddion congrats on looping and getting top jounin, I have an alt in a small village so I'm gonna have to pull off something special to get that done.
And while my fletch statement made next to no sense, your photography statement possibly confuses me more...three times I've read it and I'm still confused as to what you were trying to say exactly. Hopefully DarkVisor understood. But I'll give you a point for that nice explanation for the 400 yard distance.
Thanks. It took all I had to do that.

In photography, if you need to have your shutter open for more than a few seconds, your heartbeat can actually jostle your camera ever so slightly and cause some minor blurring. I have some photos of fireworks on my digital camera that are slightly blurred because of that.

That's why photographers use tripods - to allow for longer exposures without their body moving their camera during that delicate time. So what I was getting at was that Sam did not even need to be with his camera for the entire 2 hours - he could have set up his camera for the exposure and left it. (This is, of course, ignoring the star movement in the two hours.)

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial