Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Renovations and Reality Adjustments

Old 10-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
but it just gets awfully frustrating, it's tempting the throw up that 'Dice's Bitch' moniker on all of my characters just to illustrate the point, because I think only 4 or 5 of them have actually seen the 'Seasoned Gamber' one.
tou-che. i got pissed with the gambling system too, so i put "dice's bitch" on Eman Tsrif instead of the Gambling god title to make a point that it's not worth the risk.

http://www.fallensword.com/?ref=2373494 Fallen sword RPG- Play now for free!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Adventurer

2 of my characters have dice's bitch title because they earned it. One of them lost almost a mil because i needed 50k and lost and doubled down and lost and doubled down, etc etc until i was broke. It set my character back quite a way, but i knew what i was doing. Trying to get rich quick doesnt always work. Mini games would be cool to have but cant be to easy to get rich or wed stop exploring and just play mini games.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:33 AM
Adventurer

I just plug in 100 gold and Alt+P until I get my gold up where I need it to be. I don't think I've ever lost more than 1,000 gold gambling. The trick is knowing when to keep going and knowing when to wait until tomorrow to get the stupid armor.

Oddly enough though, while I play like this with all my characters, only the Necromancer has the Gambling God title. The other two don't seem to realize they spend most of the day gambling at all.

Drunkards.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Adventurer

Default Gyahahahhaaa....

So.... What's dragon tavern want to say is "Don't gamble! It will only give you nothing but trouble"
Old 12-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Adventurer

I seem to recall that in one of Micheal Crichton's novels (either Jurassic Park or its sequel), one of the characters makes some reference that, if you have a system with 50% odds of winning or losing a dollar, if you keep going at it you will eventually lose a lot of money.

Bitter gambling experience in Dragon Tavern has taught me that this is true. I once started keeping track of my gambling wins and losses, and discovered I had over 700,000 in profits. This peaked to about 1,000,000, then due to a string of bad luck and a bit of recklessness, this plummeted to 180,000 gold won, whereupon I dubbed my character, "Dice's Bitch."

I've somehow managed to get up to 330,000, and I guess I'm better off than if I hadn't gambled at all, but it seems that you gotta know when to quit. It will go against your favor eventually.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Adventurer

I lost over 36mil in one series (started at 100k and used my pattern to nearly clean myself out, something like 11 losses in a row).

Problem of not being able to buy any more equipment until level 50 and having crazy amounts on hand...all in all though I had the top equipment before level 30 with my main character (sig). And I've currently got over 3million on hand (I believe). If anything I have to say that the gambling system is a little too easy to break if you study the pattern that I've convinced myself is there...all in all gambling has been fun and profitable for my main character.