Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Renovations and Reality Adjustments

Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Adventurer

I've been thinking about it. I disagree with the flash-game idea. It's a lot of work, I think, and it detracts from the feel of the game.

I think that the most appropriate system to put in place would be some sort of card system, where-in you can obtain cards from looting, questing, whatever, and then after youve spent all of your AP's looting and getting cards, you can do card battles against other people. The exp. + loot could be severely less than that which you would get whilst looting and exploring, or there could be a limit of how much experience you get in the card game per day, wherein you could still play the card game but not get rewarded for it.

The game might become about the card game though, wherein everybody would focus more on getting better cards than exploring, but then it also incorporates elements of PvP.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Adventurer

yes, i have 3 characters, and no, it does not make this game any less repetetive, in fact, it makes it more repetitive, 3 times as repetitive to be exact. there should be quests, some specific to class, to cut the boredom. and yes, implement a complex PVP system with multiple ways to fight, maybe incorporating group battles and comands. i would love a way to have a mini-game that makes it so i can command troops on a battlefield. and kill monsters/fight against other players.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Adventurer

I have an idea regarding the card battle concept. What if the cards you collected represented different TOAD attributes, and there was a duel arena where you would use combinations of the four to summon monsters with those attributes. After creating your monster, you would be randomly paired with someone else's created monster and they would battle.

In addition to this, perhaps have a system wherein any monster you create in that way is added to a personal bestiary. To make collecting entries a challenge, there could be the added restriction that you have to win with that monster to get an entry for it. Perhaps collecting all or a certain percentage of entries would earn a modest amount of character credits.

I call it PokÚDigioh the Gathering of HammerClix & Dragons! (working title)

R.I.P. Captain Penguin, my first Hardcore character.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Adventurer

Send a message via MSN to Rafeal

that's bloody addicting. That would so fun to play for gold. Definitely a better chance that banging your head on a desk because you bet 10k gold and lost that bet.

Of course, the gold output would be something like your score divided by 10 or even 5, if the game designers feel generous. This is concerning the flash game thing.

And, the card game idea... No, sorry, but no. I truly hate card games. They remind me too much of Magic: The Gathering, which booted the DnD club I was in out of our room we had paid for. Not to said harsh or anything, but card games aren't that fun anyways. I like the flash game lots better.

'We're the regulators that deregulate
We're the animators that deanimate
We're the propagators of all genocide
Burning through the world's resources, then we turn and hide'

- (\__/)
- (='.'=)==l--
- (")_(")

SWORDED!

Helping Ashen's plot to destroy those damned bunnies and their plot to take the world over.

Last edited by Rafeal; 07-14-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Adventurer

Default i think it's ok

this game is fun no doubt and i think it's missing somthing but theree is so much u could add i say olny add like more ap or more way to get them i think the mini games wouldent work i dont like thrm

dalton!?
Old 07-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Adventurer

I do believe the mini-games are already there. When you gamble, it gives you a description of what happens. It would be as easy as changing it from a description, to actually playing them.

Of course, given the descriptions, I also believe that they'd only provide a small fix to the bigger problem. Like using a band-aid to fix a leak in a dam.

And on the point of using 'I believe' as much as possible tonight, I believe the developers might have originally come up with the game to be a twenty minutes or so every day thing, and it's turned into a 'players like the game enough that they'd like to put hours into it' kind of game =)

I like it as it is, but I would love it I'm sure when the next content set for it comes out.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via MSN to Sandsfire

Hey did you ever think maybe why the game does not take long to play ?? the sever may not be big enff to sopport a lot of peoples.. I have run across this before...and yes i too have made a few ...how about a cansio to go with the drinking games?? blackjack ??
Old 07-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Adventurer

I agree with Sandsfire, I don't currently gamble because it's just not involved enough for me, something like blackjack or heck, even rock-paper-scissors would help delude me into thinking that I have a chance of winning

Tags
aps, bored, boredom