Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Roach Catchers

Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Adventurer

Default Ultimate Points

My non immortal character seems to be dying much to frequently lately! After checking the stats on the latest battle I noticed that even though I have my ultimate points maxed out except for specialization I recieved over 25 wounds from a normal non sub 3 point monster, and didn't get a quad,trip,or double even after rolling a 1,2 and a 3!
Anyone else notice this problem? Is this bonus damage automatic or is it based on another percentage roll? It seems like this character is the only one who is affected by this so far,I have another character a couple levels lower that has gotten quad hits on rolls of 6 and 7!
Please check this out as it seems to be a deadly bug!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:07 AM
Adventurer

Default Ultimate Points again

Ok,WTF! Just died again ,normal blight, boss. Received 31 wounds and even though I again had rolls of 2,5,5,6,6 didn't get a single double,trip or quad bonus damage which would been enough to make it through the battle!
I then went on another alt 3 levels lower that got quads and trips on rolls of 5's 6's and even a 7! What's going on?
It almost seems like I'm stuck in gambling mode rolls where it is predetermined that you are going to lose no matter what!
Is anyone else having this problem? This has happened too many times to just be bad luck or coincidence! I must have lost over a million points over the last couple months!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Experienced Adventurer

It's called RNG for a reason
Old 02-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Adventurer

Yes, just noticed this myself. With max ultimate points in all Lethality categories (rank 15 vs every monster type)...

I should be getting Instant Kills on any roll up to a 12 I think...

However, what seems to be happening more often than not is this

Something is not quite right somewhere...
Old 02-12-2013, 06:54 AM
Adventurer

Angry ultimate points

This is not a rng it is more like a png predetermined number generator! I see even with all your points and specializations you still didn't get the bonus hits.
I've been getting killed about every 25 to 40 moves on normal not hard or insane just normal! I try to play smart and not take dumb chances but if I can't get the quad,triple,etc he's dead!
What I've noticed is if I get an elite boss or boss over 3 levels higher he's done,and recieves more than 30-40 hits.If its 2 levels higher he has about a 25% chance of surviving.This is because the bonus hits don't kick in especially at 3 levels higher! I've lost millions of points because ! can't get the bonus hits even though 1's,2's etc are rolled! It's not random it's predetermined that you will fail! There is no reason not to get bonus hit's or an instant kill with such low number's ,as I said before it's like being stuck in the gambling mode. When you lose and try to win back your money by doubling the bets by playing the percentages, it doesn't work! If you roll over 10 times you should win at least once,but the png has other ideas!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:10 AM
Adventurer

the description of lethality is "significantly increases the CHANCE to cause extra wounds..."

That's some nasty lethality the moonking has got there.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Adventurer

Think I've figured out what is going on here... there appears to be an arbitary cut-off point for when lethality can work.

Basically, if my final success chance is 35% or greater, I get an instant kill on any roll of 15 or less. If final success is below 35%, I get nothing.

Just tested this on 500 action points worth of exploring and it 100% adhered to the above (had to drop exploration down to cautious to have any chance of ever hitting 35% success ).

Unfortunately, as I need to be on normal exploration to get regular credits - which means success chance is always below 30% (-4% is my best so far, and yes, you can win with a negative chance) - all those ultimate points put into lethality were a complete waste of time and effort

As the screen shots above indicate, I am in a "Vein Popping Psychotic Rage" now

Last edited by Rockheavy; 02-21-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:40 AM
Adventurer

Angry Ultimate Points again

Thanks for the input,You're theory seems to be correct! After watching the percentages in my latest battles I was able to get some bonus points under 35% but only on minions and elite minions.
The posts above are not accurate," 'significantly' increases your chance" and it's an "RNG"!
It is confirmed that on a boss or an elite boss you will not get the ultimate point bonus even if you have the unreal maxed out points of the Moonking if you are under 35%,or as in my case a boss 2 or 3 levels higher! This is again just on normal mode not hard or insane! As I've said before its not RNG but a PNG!
Another problem even more troubling that I've noticed has happened to this character is that even though I DID get the 19 hits on a boss he still died! This has happened very rarely but it does happen. He was just killed twice within 5 moves, just coming out of the tavern, 30+ hits the first time and 40 the next even though he did get 19 hits in! He would have avoided at least one of those if the ultimate bonus would have kicked in,but now he's working off a almost 200.000 death penalty! It's ridiculous!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Adventurer

Just got an instant kill when i rolled a 1 with final success chance at 33% against a 3 point minion after a LOT of turns. I think you just have bad luck.