Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 06-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Adventurer

The way Qtchi spoke, not to mention the way she carried herself, had Necronas chuckling inside. He had nothing more to say to the stranger, though the Avocado comment had him confused. Avocado? What the hell was wrong with this man? Of all the fruits and vegetables in the world, he had to choose the one that was absolutely nothing like Necronas. He returned his attention to his companion who currently seemed to be playing hooky. "Ah, ah, ah." he said as he raised a hand, and as he did so, Qtchi's body began to levitate as if pulled by some invisible string. She was then promptly pulled back into the room, before Necronas put her back on the floor and decided to position himself exactly at the doorway, blocking the young necromancer's exit. Being an adventurer in his own right, Necronas had been forced to develop some semblance of healing magic for his travels, but reconstruction magic was definitely not something he had paid much attention to learning anything about. The black seer never had any aspirations to become a carpenter.

"I don't repair things, my dear. I destroy them. You should know that well enough by now. So unless you have some miraculous scroll of ass-saving, you are going to share the costs." Throwing the entire responsibility on her would be rather harsh, not to mention childish, so Necronas avoided any you-started-it comments, though he wasn't exactly sure if his hotheaded companion would do the same. Still, he had to teach her to outgrow her childish nature. Hiding a nightmarish past was no excuse to be an asshole, however therapeutic it may be. Necronas had to learn the hard way, and it was becoming more and more apparent that Qtchi probably needed to as well. "So you're going to go with me to the barmaid and pay your half. Either you walk," he said, flexing his hand as if ready to cast another telekinesis spell just in case, "or you fly."
Old 06-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Experienced Adventurer

A small humanoid walks through over the door and through the doorway. You recognize him as a dark gnome. Usually buried deep in the Mountains, populating areas with tunnels, this gnome obviously has other business, he is a normal looking fellow, noticeably a few tools around his belt and holding a plane, and measuring tape and a pencil.

"I have been instructed from below that the door has been broken, don't worry a chap downstairs has paid for the costs, but please vacate the room so I can begin work!" The gnome tells you.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:02 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

”Wha- Now wait a- LET ME GO THIS INSTA-”

She struggled futily in the air for a few moments, when a noise interrupted her and the lass froze, staring down at the strange creature heading into her room. Strange instruments hung from his tool belt, and in his hands, he held a few mechanical tools - all looking worn from use. With a ferocious twist of her body, the lass sent a chill through her body and broke free, barely landing upon her two feet with her dignity intact.

”Well then!” She uttered, flicking a mass of hair over her shoulder and straightening her shirt, as if there was nothing unusual with mid-air levitation. ”Looks like our new friend has thought of everything…” She said, glancing at Necronas. ”Better then someone I know,” She muttered under her breath before thanking the humanoid and sweeping past the exit quickly - this time, intent on making it down the stairs uninterrupted.

Thumping down the stairs, she quickly glanced around for the familiar gold locks of the barmaid, but spotting none, she sighed in relief and strode towards the stables. Stopping by the table, she looked down at Axel and awkwardly shifted her pack once more.

"Ye ready Sir'rah?" She asked.

~ Qtchi's Profile ~
Old 06-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Axel was standing at the stables admiring some of the horses, a resiliant animal a strong companion for any creature and the backbone of transport, apart from magical gates and time travel. The horse was to be respected.

Axel was brushing the mane of a dark horse chatting to the Stable Master, the dark horse had strong legs and dark eyes that caught the light of the sun. It beat the flies of its back with its long natural tail. It was afternoon but dusk was arriving soon. Axel turned around to see the female from the scuffle earlier and his new guide greet him.

"Thanks for arriving, there was never a doubt you would not arrive."
Axel spoke.

"I am not sure on how you wanted to get there, but I guess you thought about using some of these horses here to travel. Unless you have your own means of transport? I particularly like this horse!" Axel exclaimed.

He was excited about the journey, and called over to Stable Master to enquire "How much for this horse!?" Axel turned around to Q'tchi again, and spoke like a friend "psst, even we don't travel by these I would still like to find out the price on this one." Axel smiled.

The Stable Master called back "Oh that? Yeah you can take him for 15,000 gold now or 200 gold a day."
After a brief exchange of gold, Axel saddled the horse and lead him over the Q'tchi. "If you want to pick your horse, feel free, there must be plenty of gates we can travel through to save time on our journey, but you are right horses are less demanding than running around". He paused "It was a good idea to meet at the stables. By the way where is your friend. The Necromancer that called me Grapefruit? I get the impression he is your teacher?and I guess you know a fair bit of magic, were you learning spells when I knocked on the door?"

Q'tchi looked around, the horses, the stable master, Axel, and weighed up the journey in her mind with ease.

Last edited by StarDebut; 06-14-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:06 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Default Northward Bound: Timberwash Forest

He did not notice the lass had paused by the entrance, declining to immediately enter further within the establishment. Excited by the prospect of leaving, she did not listen as Axel negotiated with the stable master, letting her eyes roam the dark interior with little interest. A deep breath brought to her the smell of horses, hay and other small creatures, and with her pack still slung over one shoulder, the girl permitted a few steps closer to the closest stall upon her right. Almost immediately, the area became a flurry of activity; shrill nickers and incessant whinnies filled the air, followed by the heavy stomp of hooves.

Horses were often afraid of her kind...

Looking up in alarm, the confused stable master hastily agreed upon a price and took off to appease his frighten charges. Hopefully, he got the horse at a decent bid, She thought, as her footsteps trailed further to the stall in mind. The lass could sense eight horses in all, their fear rolling off their silken manes like the tidal pools of Ravensport.

With his newly acquired purchase saddled and mounted, Axel turned his attentions back to his guide, his questions registering over the stable noises. She allowed a small smile as she peered into a stall, meeting the wide eyes of a fine stallion.

”He is an acquaintance,” She said off-offhandedly, her tone made it clear nothing more would be said on that matter. Clear aquamarine eyes turned to look at the man behind her, just as her fingers reached up and lightly traced the blade strapped across her back. ”Though I know of a few spells, ye will find the brain and blades are usually enough to solve my problems Sir’rah.”

Her gaze sung back towards the stall and at the horse within. It was still afraid, but as his opponent offered no sudden movement, it too, remained still. Wary. The girl drew in another breath and held it, slowly unhooking the metal latch that held the gate shut. It came undone with a loud clank! and the stallion pawed the ground nervously, it’s nostrils flaring.

Shh… The girl slowly slid the gate open and stood freely before the creature, both hand extended towards the skittish horse. She took a step closer, her palms small and ordinary in the dim stable light. Her tongue appeared and licked her lips, tasting the fear that hung heavily in the air.

”I won’t hurt ye,”
She spoke in a low tone, watching as his ears cocked forward towards the sound of her voice. Behind the brown eyes of this stallion, she spotted intelligence and it surprised her, even as it pleased her immensely. With patience, she continued to inch forward towards the horse, her arms still held out in a non-threatening manner, her face solemn. Horse and girl silently stared at one another, almost in secret communal, until a sudden clearing of a throat interrupted their moment. Behind her, the stable master had finally calmed the other horses and returned to give her back an annoyed glance.

”So what would it be?” He asked, frowning at the girl, then up at Axel, mounted upon his horse. ”I haven’ got all day ther-”

The stallion dipped it’s great head in acquiescence.
Qtchi inwardly smile.

”We’ll take this one too,” She spoke pleasantly, turning to stride out of the stall without a backward glance. It only took a moment for the stable master to pick-up his jaw and snap at one of the young boys to ready and saddle her new horse.

When the men exited the stables, the girl was impatient for departure. She tossed a copper in the air at the boy and mounted the horse without assistant. Beneath her hands, she could sense the stallion’s tense body, but it did not bolt. Noble in marking and manner, he would prove to be a valuable companion in their upcoming travels and she was pleased.

”Let us go,” She told her employer, and with a gentle command, the stallion obeyed, riding out of the stable yard and exiting town in a matter of seconds. Expecting Axel to keep up, the lass gave her horse a loose reign, and without hesitation, it led her in a gallop that carried them smoothly past the dirt road and into the depths of Timberwash Forest. When it finally slowed, she waited a few moments, before turning to speak to her companion.

”Let us continue through the forest and find a campsite before sunset,” She said, the exhilaration of the ride slowly giving way to the excited gleam in her eyes. At ease upon her saddle, she could feel the stallion’s reluctance slowly easing away as well, and the girl allowed the horse to set their own pace as they began northward.

”So tell me Sir’rah,” The girl asked, turning her head so that the man’s profile came to view. ”What brought you to Dragon Tavern?”

~ Qtchi's Profile ~
Old 06-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Adventurer

Twin violet orbs stared intently at the flickering flame of a single candle. Though it was just around midday, the room was veiled in darkness; light held at bay by a single shuttered and curtained window, not to mention the bed sheets stuff into the sides. The only source of light, the black candle seemed to hover in space as if suspended by invisible threads. A girl sat enraptured, like a moth to a flame, her fingers gripping the sides of the table so tightly that her knuckles turned white. Her neck arching forward expectantly as if waiting for something spectacular to happen; and something did happen, though not quite what the girl would have expected.

It started with telltale spark. The girl blinked her eyes as the candle let off a series of tiny sparks before it began hissing violently, the angry flame dancing about angrily. Just then, the girl watched open mouthed as with a small pop, the yellow flame turned a brilliant blue!

"Helena... It worked-!" The girl's hushed and awed voice was suddenly interrupted by what seemed like a violent explosion, rocking the table and chair she sat on. Unfortunately for her, as she had rocked the chair forward, balanced only on two legs, the sudden bang broke her concentration and she began to overbalance. Flailing her arms wildly, succeeded only in worsening the situation as she knocked both table and candle over, before crashing to the floor with a high pitched squeal. The candle, still lit, rolled along the floor heading towards a pile of clothes. But before it could set fire to the girl's prized cloak, there was a scurrying sound in the darkness as a small dark form darted forward, seized the rolling menace and snuffed out the flame.

Sighing in relief, the girl gathered herself, dusted her dress and headed over to the window to let light in before anymore mishaps could occur. Carefully, she removed the sheets and curtains, allowing her eyes to adjust to the increasing amount of light. From what little light there was, one could just make out a young girl, probably in her late teens with blond shoulder length hair and fair features. A face that one would not glance at more than twice if seen in a crowd, that is, if one did not notice the startlingly bright violet eyes.

Leaving the shutters half closed, the girl headed to the door and slowly cracked it open, curious as to what the explosion was about. A couple of rooms down the hallway, she caught sight of three figures conversing over what seemed to be the remains of a room door. Dismissing it as one of the usual tavern brawls, she was about to turn away when she overhead the word "Sky Haven".

"That's pretty close to where we need to go isn't it, Helena?" Again, the girl said, speaking to Helena whoever she was. Further eavesdropping told her all she needed to know. This group of people are going towards Sky Haven, which was in the direction she was headed (only, she did not know which direction Sky Haven was before).

"Time to go~" The girl happily announced to no one in particular.

By the time the group of three had headed into the stables, the girl had already gathered her belongings, saddled her horse and was patiently waiting around a corner. A black dress covered her lithe form. Once, it probably was a beautiful and ornate gown reaching down to her ankles. Years of traveling however, had torn the hem in so many places that it would have been too revealing to wear. The girl's presumed modesty was saved by the careful patching of different shades of black cloth here and there to make for an interestingly fashionable dress (or so she'd like to think). Belted to her sides was a pouch, a silver sickle and what appeared to be a rolled up whip made of a type of black silk. Over it all, she sported a black cloak almost fitting enough to seem more like a hooded robe which had dull silver treads running along the cowl and sleeves. Among other supplies tied to her mount, was a curiously small ironbound wooden chest. It was large enough to hold a fair amount of objects but small enough to be carried. As if things weren't dull enough, the girl sat upon a black horse, or specifically, a black mare. Like her robe it was borrowed permanently from it's previous owner. The girl had named it (not the cloak)

"Nightshade, it's time to get moving girl." The rider spake, urging her mount forward as she saw the departing adventurers. She was careful to keep her distance, so that she was not immediately noticeable but close enough to not lose sight of them.

* ~ ' - ; , . , ; - ' ~ * ~ ' - ; , . , ; - ' ~ * ~ ' - ; , . , ; - ' ~ * ~ ` - ; , .

* ~ ' - ; , . , ; - ' ~ * ~ ' - ; , . , ; - ' ~ * ~ ' - ; , . , ; - ' ~ * ~ ` - ; , .

Last edited by uUyeel; 06-22-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTChi View Post

”So tell me Sir’rah,” The girl asked, turning her head so that the man’s profile came to view. ”What brought you to Dragon Tavern?”
A crow threw an acorn to the ground and dived to pick it up off the ground, it dropped it again and gave a loud cry. When a crow would caw different people would interpret it to mean many things to people but today, to Rose, it was simply a small piece in natures tremendous puzzle.

“I was brought into this world through father and mother, raised with care and thus treating people with respect and so grew throughout my life with visions and goals. My parents lived surrounding the towns of the Sky Guard. My father and mother even worked with the Sky Guard, so at that point I was studious and dedicated and followed other new recruits into the Sky Guard. My affinity with animals bloomed whilst riding certain flying creatures, but I learn from mistakes, and boy have I made some of those.” He turned around as if to felt he was being watched. “Anyway, I should have known that bringing a person of your magical arts, or can I just call you Necromancer, if that is what you study into a Stable was not my wisest choices, but I was rushed to get going on my path.”

Trees whispered in the gentle warm breeze and fallen willow danced merrily along the patchy grass.

“I moved to the area surrounding Dragons Tavern just like anyone else does, to find adventure beyond my training and studies. My real name is Rose, its just that as a Sky Guard you are often addressed by officers by your last name, and hence I have progressed amongst the Guard, I am often called Axel. My full name is Rose Mer Axellion. Call me what you like just not a fruit. That was strange of your colleague, perhaps it’s a Necromancer joke, but I didn’t get it.”

They were in a small hamlet, a small stream flowed to the right of them and just around the corner was a path leading to the bridleway. Axel and Q'tchi had agreed to stop to let their horses re hydrate along the stream. Above this stream small birds fluttered in and out branches and in the distance their songs carried back to the hamlet. It was evening, and they were deciding a place to set camp for the night.

It was pretty and peaceful, nature had several dispositions. Mortals believed that ultimately nature was aligned with the gods and could punish those they feared. But currently whether it meant anything or not, it was pretty peaceful.

“Perhaps it is a sign to come” Axel shrugged “You see it is pretty peaceful here, and I am wondering that it’s a sign from the Gods that our journey to my destination will be peaceful. What do you think about this?”

But these are simple lessons, and sometimes what actually fruits from a mistake is more valuable than a perfectly executed plan.

“After our horses have had a thirst from the stream, we should set off whilst we have advantage over the night, or rest?”

Last edited by StarDebut; 06-29-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Experienced Adventurer

QTChi remained unspoken, she didn't seem that chatty type nor did she seem the somber loner many of the Dark Arts associated with.

"Perhaps we should just decide later after the horses have regained their stamina and its not such a wrong move to check them for the longer journey ahead."

Axel moved over to a stream, and began to chat again. "You see over here by this stream we could light a fire. I am no magician but I have studied basic magic theory, seen a spell book before and even have my own book of spells, series of cantrips really, all below the first circle and of no particular school of magic. I find it intruguing though. Perhaps I don't have the concentration and patience to be a full wizard but I hope to improve."
Axel reached into his side pocket and opened up a small paper papyrus, simple pressed glue and ink marking a small map of the immediate area.

"According to this map, there is a village one hundred miles to the east, and a small church 15 miles to the north west. But beyond that its wood, farm, hills and not much else."

Rose approached the horses who seemed refreshed, and gave his horse a firm pat on its neck. "We can follow bridleways and continue on or stay if you wish. Are you okay?"
Old 07-16-2010, 04:22 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Upon her mount, the girl had stiffened and her face was still as she silently rode beside her new companion. They continued upon the road, but as the man continued to speak, the lass found herself slowly withdrawing into a silent shell. The sun rose high above their heads and she released the reigns to tug the thin cowl of her cloak over her head. Forest creatures revealed themselves in the dappled sunlight, darting amongst the shadows, before pausing to regard the trespassers with wary eyes.

Qtchi paid them no heed as the horses continued to carry them past the heart of the wooded area and into a small clearing...

There, the man mounted and sprung towards the spring, not realizing the heavy silence that had fallen upon his partner’s disposition. Following his actions, the girl dismounted as well, carefully kept her back towards him.

How had he known? She wondered, her eyes glowing upon her pale face. Keeping her expressions shadowed, the lass led her mount to the stream and allowed the creature to refresh himself. Having no need for water, the girl lowered herself onto a rock and regarded Axel from the corner of her eyes. She had not done anything in his presence to warrant his demonstrated her identity as a Deadlander. Nor had she performed any spells that confirmed his statement of her skills as a necromancer... yet he had claimed quite openly that he knew she was one...

Indeed, he was beginning to surprise her with his foreknowledge of her character and this unnerved Qtchi in ways he would not understand.

"Are you okay?"

”Wot?” Startled, the lass straightened and shifted upon the rock to face him. ”Oh... aye. Perhaps we should try and reach the village by sundown and find accommodations that are better suited for yo- us.” The lass spoke solemnly, handily dispensing the need to reply his question with her reply.

~ Qtchi's Profile ~
Old 07-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Rose took the reign of his horse and mounted on foot by the stirrup, he smiled and let his horse gather its composure. The mount has quenched its thirst; and a ride towards the village would get them there past sunset but with out distractions. They could find a tavern and sleep for the night and wake early for a push onwards, towards the goal, of reaching Sky Haven. Quite enjoying himself, Rose almost forgot the dangers they could face, albeit being in a sanctity of the wood was more appealing than the thought of re visiting the hot, swelching dessert where armour would have to be forfeited for the risk of falling unconscious in the heat and weight. " I hope you are willing to protect me with your magic when we get to the desert. I think that it will be more use than melee yet when we pass the tavern I will look into purchasing a bow in exchange for some armour and my axe. "

Rose Axellion, or known as Axel, was aware of something following them along the path more and more as they reached their destination to the village. He could not see anything, and feared that they were being followed. Even being followed by someone meaning no harm could be a problem as many a bards tale went you could never to too sure who was following them! Occasionally he would glance at QTChi who also seemed well aware of something or someone tracking them, perhaps she was even more aware. He felt quite comortable with this fact.

QTChi seemed pretty quiet at times, he liked that, and upon their journey would often smile for no reason, albeit the fact he actually liked the company of her, although inside deep down he knew that she could probably not really be trusted, he felt that she was a nice sort of person, well, for someone that couldn't be trusted at least.

His appreciation for company was showing apparantly clear, and perhaps he liked QTChis temperment because often he had faced perils, and adventure all on his lonesome, sometimes having to run for his life alone or achieving some of his most vanquished defeats with somebody there to cheer or congraulate him.

If anything he walked with God, or the powers that be. Often finding solice in his own amusements and company, QTChi didn't seem too far off this mark and perhaps he was confusing this for a sign of a decent Necromancer.