Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Renovations and Reality Adjustments

Old 03-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Weapon of Spam Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Acebrock
Default Broadening the role of lineage

If you don't know what i'm referring to, then go to any public page and look for: the Y in (s)he is said to be a(n) W of the X level hailing from Y in Z

Right now lineage shows up in exactly 3 places: The character's public page, the character creation page, and the character sheet. Each of these locations it only plays a small role

This seems odd to me, as one would think that lineage would hold a larger role in the game (though not necessarily changing anything in the combat mechanics, for obvious reasons)

I have three ideas for expanding their roles:

1. A specific symbol for each of the lineages, such as Hearthfire Hold getting a fire burning in a hearth, or Bonekeep getting a skull

2. Lineage based rankings, so someone could see how well they rank aginst everyone else within that lineage

3. A special title for each lineage, after accomplishing a certain goal, or reaching a certain level

(accidently deleted at level 33)

Old 03-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Adventurer

I second this idea. Out of the three suggestions you gave I think that #1 is the most practical and can give each character another unique aspect to them on their public pages and maybe even the character list.
#2 can be accomplished through various competition groups, cant it? That way the DT team would have less work to do.
#3 would probably involve a lot of thinking and a lot more beer.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Adventurer

Yeah. I just got here and it seems like the lineages have a lot to offer (particularly in role play, but if some ingame things could be added I'm sure it would just add to their potential)
I'd like to see a few more lineages as well; I'm really having fun looking at the different names!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Administrator

There's stuff in the works for lineage but we decided to bump it to work on some more requested things first (such as guilds).

The lineage stuff is there for a reason but I don't want to spoil the surprise. It'll be a while before we see it implemented though (months).
Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Weapon of Spam Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Acebrock

I'm not sure whether to be excited because lineage will play a role, or frustrated because of the fact that it'll take months.

I'll take the former

(accidently deleted at level 33)