Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > General Chat

Old 05-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Adventurer

Exclamation MINUS 500k points behind?

I checked my ranking for North America, and it says I'm NEGATIVE 500k behind the guy in front of me. Erm, isn't that supposed to just be 500k points, without a "-" symbol in front of it? The more I fight monsters, the more the gap increases, instead of DEcreasing. Huh?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Adventurer

Don't worry, it's just a bug. It actually means you're 500k points ahead... It corrects itsself in time. Generally when you pass the guy infront of him.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:00 AM
Adventurer

Ok, thanks much for clearing that up. I've seen some funky bugs in my day, but that one's a doozy...
Old 06-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Known issue, but keep in mind there's a "roach catchers" forum for these kind of things.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Experienced Adventurer

I used to gamble when I first started playing. In fact, I actually made a lot of gp that way, but I also lost quite a lot. Nowadays I don't bother gambling. First, because I have too many characters and spending all their daily AP quota can be challenging enough without devoting time to actually gambling. I know it's supposed to be a 5-minute-per-day game, but it's not so when your immortal characters start getting 'free' APs all the time; second, because I've found that losing a lot of money into gambling can severely affect the performance of the character, and some of mine have suffered for it.
Then there was a time when I'd gamble just to get to that next upgrade, but ended up abandoning that custom as well, since I'm not really the patient type, and losing two or three small gambles in a row would trigger my inner that's-it-it's-all-or-nothing-now-crap-I-lost-again beast every once in a while.

Nowadays I just don't gamble. If I can't afford an upgrade for too little a difference, I can make another adventuring trip and come back with more money.

The Main Gang: Deurges - Mieki - Paeruh - Nippur
The Black Brothers: Thaurus - Ender