Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > General Chat

Old 09-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Default Remorting past rank 20

Well, I finally hit rank 20 a while ago and decided I wasn't going to keep remorting: I finally wanted to see how far all my character's powers would take him. I got to level 77 so far and he's doing great. The only thing is, he hasn't got all his immortal skills yet. I was wondering, if I don't remort anymore, will I eventually get all the skills I'm currently missing? Or should I remort at least once to make sure?

The Main Gang: Deurges - Mieki - Paeruh - Nippur
The Black Brothers: Thaurus - Ender
Old 09-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Adventurer

First of all, did you mean Immortal Skills or Immortal Powers?
Visit the Immortal Skill Trainer in the Immortals Hall for the first. No remorting required, just levelling.
The only way to gain more Immortal Powers, as far as I know, is through remorting. By the way, if you try to remort and there are no more Powers available, it will warn you and you have to confirm you really want to remort. So you can safely check whether you indeed have all available Immortal powers.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Experienced Adventurer

By immortal skills, I meant immortal skills (those earned by spending immortal points). The thing is I've already reached rank 20, the highest rank that will grant me an immortal power (those you earn by remorting) and I still have 3 immortal skills to max. In the character rankings, I can see that there are some characters over lvl200 (where has Honeyfuggles gone, btw? :S ), and I was wondering if I should remort now to be able to max out those immortal skills I haven't maxed yet.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Experienced Adventurer

You continue earning ImP as you level (if you're talking about the skills like Immortal Negotiation). Sure, you'll earn more per level if you re-mort, but then you'll have to climb back up the levels to where you are now (and I recall how hard it gets to level at that point...) Personally, I would only recommend re-morting if you're in a hurry to get those skills, but if they can wait, then I would just continue to level.

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 09-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Experienced Adventurer

That's what I wanted to know exactly! I'd like to get them all, but I'm not sure if that's possible without remorting once more. To be honest, I thought I'd be past remorting with my main toon once I reached rank 20; at least, that's what I had planned. Now, at lvl77, remorting looks increasingly bothersome just to get those last few skill points..

Old 09-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Adventurer

I'm not rank 20 yet; howeever, I'd say that if you focused on the immortal skills most in line with your play style, then you probably don't need to worry about getting them all. It was at about rank 8 that I finally realized that I was not going to get all of the immortal skills at rank 20, and I have found that I'll probably be satisfied with what I have at that time.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Adventurer

At rank 21, level 200 I now almost have them all. Only the last upgrade of Immortal Vengeance is missing, but this one is quite expensive at 3200 Imps. Guess I have some more levelling to do...
Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Damn, that IS expensive. I was at the brink of remorting yesterday, but I figured I'd rather keep levelling and make better choices with my alts. My DK is 8th in the immortal ranking. I want to see how high I can get him in the current rank.

Last edited by WoDHells; 09-18-2012 at 06:53 PM.