Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Renovations and Reality Adjustments

Old 02-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Default Upgrading advantages

Gauntlets of potency. +2% success rate.
Gauntlets of power. +5% success rate.

Now, you could spend 480 on the +2%, and then later 1750 on the 5% ones,.
or save up the 480 and go straight for the 1750 version.

It seems to be the 480 would be completely wasted, and I highly doubt many people buy any of the "in between" versions of such advantages.
Same for the mount, loot cube, life gate rings.

How about simply making the advantages "tiered" in such a way that you "have" to buy the lower version, and then decrease the cost of the higher versions by that amount. So that you can upgrade your advantages rather than skip over the lower ones.

That way you allow people to buy the lower ones at no disadvantage or extra cost.
Thus, more items will be bought - in theory.

This should also allow a 5% trap/wound chance gem to be added, as well as a +15% in "all" traps gem for a slight extra cost.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Experienced Adventurer

I don't think people should be forced to buy them in tiers - if I've got enough for that top tier, I want to just buy that top tier and be done with it.

As for upgrading - you don't spend the full 1750 (from your example). However, the price does not go down by 480 (it goes down by less), which is something that's frustrating when your character is only collecting credits via bosses (I would really like it if the price at least went down by the amount of credits already spent on the line)

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 02-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGwyddion View Post
I don't think people should be forced to buy them in tiers - if I've got enough for that top tier, I want to just buy that top tier and be done with it.

As for upgrading - you don't spend the full 1750 (from your example). However, the price does not go down by 480 (it goes down by less), which is something that's frustrating when your character is only collecting credits via bosses (I would really like it if the price at least went down by the amount of credits already spent on the line)
Well yeah, the whole point of the tiered purchasing would be to have it go down exactly the same amount.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Experienced Adventurer

So, how much would the gauntlets of power cost, if i had gauntlets of potency?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr View Post
So, how much would the gauntlets of power cost, if i had gauntlets of potency?
It would cost (1750 - 480/2) = 1510
Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr View Post
Well yeah, the whole point of the tiered purchasing would be to have it go down exactly the same amount.
Unfortunately this game is part of a business. Having options that you can get more quickly but only give you a discount on an upgrade is a business model. It keeps us buying credits and clicking through on credit offers more often. Love it or hate it, I doubt that it will change.

That said though, creating upgraded versions of items that don't have upgrades may indeed happen. Right? *wink wink* Or brand new items, like a +n% chance to have a boss encounter, will probably keep being added over time. While I've been playing, merchant memberships, mounts, and the cubes have all been added.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Dragon Tavern Overseer

Originally we had multiple tiers of some items, and there was no discount for upgrading (so if you bought the first version, you'd pay full price for the second). We then decided this was a bit unfair, so included the 50% trade-in price for your old items which is automatically taken off the base price of the upgraded items. You see the already-discounted price in the Advantages area.