Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 09-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Adventurer

Default The Ancient Obsidian Keep

(((This thread is part of the Dragon Tavern Treasury RP. Anyone who fancies a bit of treasure hunting, monster battling, and trap dodging is welcome to join. )))

The dwarf Kegnar Goldbeard trudged through the sands of the Bravaki Wastelands. It was night, and the cloudless sky glittered with numerous stars. A nearly full moon bathed the wastelands in a pale, feeble light, and glinted off the shards of obsidian or raw glass jutting out of the sands. He traveled at night to avoid exhausting himself in the insufferable heat of the day.

He had a reason for trekking across the unforgiving wastelands. He knew of a keep, built out of obsidian, that still stood since the war that took place here long ago. There was bound to be treasures to be had in that ancient obsidian keep, gold, gems, precious stones. And treasure of another sort: knowledge of the history of this desolate place, lore of an age when this land was a paradise. This treasure he sought for a friend who planned to build a library and museum for history and legends.

But he didn’t plan on going alone. The keep was still alive with the ancient machines of war, continuing their duties long after the humans controlling them had died off. It would be unsafe to confront them alone, despite Kegnar's skill. Before he made for the keep, he wanted to find someone in this desert. Someone he was told would be willing to help him.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Noises from not far away rose attention. The familiar sounds of battle, metal clanking against metal, yelles and the thunder of horse hooves. What made it original was the cheerful laughter and curses one of the combatants was making.
"By the love of the gods! Can't you guys do any better! Just look at it, it's not that hard!" *Bang*
"New charge! Regroup!"
*thundering hooves and yells*
"I cannot call myself a War Master if you can't get that thing killed!"
*charge, yells, sounds of an wounded man*
"That's it! It's bad enough you not dying, but wounding my boys...!!! Forward, Victory and Honour!"
*cheer, charge, yell, scream, victorius and almost manic laughter*
"That's the way of doing things!"
It was obvious that the monster was defeated, but the men kept no hurry in leaving the area.

Approved by Shedek
Old 09-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Adventurer

The sounds of the battle caught Kegnar’s attention. Curious, he climbed up to the top of one of the sand dunes. The stone wolf Sol followed Kegnar silently. Reching the top, he saw not to far ahead a group of men, and the scattered, broken remains of a war golem. Kegnar noticed one man in particular, who seemed to command the others.

“Well, Sol, he matches th’ description Nicolas gave me fer Mill. He doesn’t seem to be one fer subtly” Kegnar said, staring down at the battlefield. He shrugged. “Neither am I, when it comes down to it.” With that, he started down the side of the sand dune and headed toward Mill.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Experienced Adventurer

"Company!" one of the riders yelled. War Master steered his horse to face the arrival. He realized which side the dwarf was on and his hand was in the air to show others that there was no need for a battle.
"Good evening, mister!" War Master said and rode in front of Kegnar. His companions lowered their javelins and stood back.
"It's a nice weather to destroy some golems", the leader said and took his helmet off. "Mill Wilkinson is the name and adventuring my passion. How can I help?"

Approved by Shedek
Old 09-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Adventurer

“Hail, Mill,” Kegnar said, walking over to Mill Wilkson. Kegnar showed him the not Nicolas had given him. “I be Kegnar Goldbeard, Earth sage of Al'Drommo Great Forge, at yeh service. The wolf o’ stone be Sol, my companion and familiar. A friend o’ mine, by the name o’ Nicolas said yeh might be interested in exploring an old fortress I had stumbled upon a few nights ago. An ancient obsidian keep, filled with relics of the past and ancient automations of war. Be yeh interested?”
Old 09-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Mill grabbed the note and read it. After a moment he returned the note and nodded. "Aye, I know Nicolas. Any friend of his is a friend of mine."
He jumped off the horse. "I'm very much interested in seeing this keep. Altough I do have to ask my men whether they are willing to follow."
Mill walked to his men and spoke with the chainmail clad cavalry. After a few moments he returned and nodded to Kegnar. "Aye, we are ready whenever you are."
After that he hopped back on saddle and put his helmet on.

Approved by Shedek
Old 09-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Anti-spam Angel

"I wondered what was going on down here" a voice shouted from above them.

Kartana looked down at the assembled group from the back of her young Wyvern which flapped its wings constantly to maintain its height and position in the air, its sharp eyes were directed towards the men, alert from any danger from them.

The young Sky Knight held forth the errant arrow in her hand whilst the sun gleamed off the scalemail she wore that was partially covered by her white cloak and her long black hair tied into a long sky braid that had come to drape itself over her shoulder.

"I was nearly caught by this arrow as I was passing over this desert and following the general direction it came from I stumbled accross your group. I believe it may belong to one of your band War Master." she said indicating the bows that were slung accross some of their backs.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Experienced Adventurer

"Indeed it was, alotugh I have tried to teach them use javelins, madam!" Mill laughed. The bow-user looked a bit uncomfortable.
"Come on down, you just might have arrived at the tight time!"

Approved by Shedek
Old 09-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Out of a cave aproachs a grouchy dwarf who seems to just have been waken
"what is all this racket a dwarf cant get no sleep with all this racket" he pounds up to a very tall human who speaking to a women he tuggs on his cape wating for a respones
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by tydog05; 08-15-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Mill pulls a dagger out of its sheath and turns to face the supposed danger. When he sees the newcomer, he sighs deeply. "Sir, you could have yourself pierced in no time."

Approved by Shedek

Tags
bravaki wastelands, obsidian keep, role play, treasure