Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Experienced Adventurer

"I wouldn't be too surprised if he was..." Mill smiled. He had his blade ready again, for what seemed like weeks.

Approved by Shedek
Old 10-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Looking to his side he saw Gorde and Mill making their way to him. "So you guys managed to find me." He said with a small amount of disapointment in his voice. "I'm sorry that I did not stay with the group but as you know I have a demon to hunt down and kill. I also found a library and looted some books and scrolls from it. So what have you two been up to?" He said to them as he walked towards them while dusting himself off.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Experienced Adventurer

"oh the same dodging death and what not but thats not of importance i have a qustion to ask you"
Gorde gave a quick look around the room for any mirrors or pools of water then reached in his sac to pull out a book
"What is you knowledge of the everliving Orin"
he flipped through the book and found the page for wich he had been searching
"Ah ha here it is"
he laid the book upon the table infront of Orin to over see

The brothers are gone off in the world far in wide but what brings them together will bring the world apart
Old 10-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Experienced Adventurer

“The Everliving” his face turned to that of a happy expression and his eyes glowed with the faintest hint of envy. “From what I’ve heard from books a wise men, they are a form of Vampires that feast on souls instead of blood. But they have the unique ability to not have to feed for life. From what I have mainly heard about them they only feed so that they can stay active to a higher degree.” Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes. “I have also heard rumor about them being able to, for a lack of a better word “Possess” many non-living objects. Such as painting, mirrors, still water or anything else that can cast a decent reflection in it.”

Pulling the book closer to him he flipped back and forth a few pages to see what the book was about. Not many of the pages in it have much information on the Everliving but at least it was some. “I find myself wondering why you ask me about something like them. Why do you ask me about these foul beast?” he expression turned to that of curiosity. Than he found himself regretting his words; many people in the dead lands used souls as a form of substance. More than anyone a Black seer would understand this best but they group did not have a black seer and there was no way Gorde was getting into the Deadlands to ask one.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Experienced Adventurer

"Ahh you do have a rough bit of knowledg but there of no fowl beast and coming form you im shocked they happen to have a veary high version of a utopia well to there standerds but every thing of wich you have had said is true they will drain the soules of the living to increase there power but the pormblem with that his the people the drain dont like it that much so they have moved to animals and such but there is a few that stick to the old ways"
Gorde grumbled a bit then "i have happend to work for a few of these kind and they have sent me a mission let me ask you how would you kill a person who cant fill the hit of your blade who you cant posion or drown, burn, suffacate, beat, shoot, hummm come on give your best oh mighty death knight tell me" Knowing that Orin could not possiably no this answer he was just curieous to hear what would he say

The brothers are gone off in the world far in wide but what brings them together will bring the world apart
Old 11-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydog05 View Post
"
Gorde grumbled a bit then "i have happend to work for a few of these kind and they have sent me a mission let me ask you how would you kill a person who cant fill the hit of your blade who you cant posion or drown, burn, suffacate, beat, shoot, hummm come on give your best oh mighty death knight tell me" Knowing that Orin could not possiably no this answer he was just curieous to hear what would he say
With a wide smile on his face he closed the book in front of him and handed it back to him. "All things have a weakness Gorde, all things, living, undead, or just immortal. You find their weakness and they can die but why grant a immortal that blessing? When you can send his undying soul right into the abyss of fire and brimstone, there he would suffer for his crime of immortality."

His smile turning to a frown he held his head down and took a long look at his gloved hand, which held the ring that he was given on his wedding day, oh so long ago. "Its only by blessing that the undead don't suffer the same fate, for they have to return to the gates sooner or later. No matter how strong they are and how much magic that protects them, they all return to the earth. Immortals don't follow those laws and that is why the ones who know their punishment run and hide their one weakness, so they can try and avoid their own doom." With that he walked pasted Gorde, upset that he tried to force him to admit that he did not know something about the laws of death.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Experienced Adventurer

not meaning to up set Orin he was shocked "sorry mate i did not mean to offend you just mearly wanted to see what you would think of, oh you can kill almost any thing now in days but i promise you the everlivings are the hardst because there soul is not with them the soul will decied wether to move on or to stay yes some souls do get forced to some stonger beings will but thats not of there choice or it might be the whole thing with soules is so confusing there is no direct answer"
it took Gorde awile to think of a simple answer
"well to be blunt the everlivings seperate form there soule and place it in a object of there choosing they can either wish to share it with others or keep it a secret but lets say one everliving want to be rid of an other they just simply destrio there soule and thats the end of them there is no after life nothing becuse they have no soule do you see where im comin form"

Tags
bravaki wastelands, obsidian keep, role play, treasure