Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Rookie Advice

Old 10-13-2013, 12:10 AM
New Arrival

Default Which Immortal Path?

I'm a Lvl 56 Sky Guard and I'm ready to take the immortal plunge. The problem is, I can't decide which path to take. Are they all relatively balanced, leaving it purely an RP choice? Or are some paths better than others? I'm leaning towards "Demigod", but with it being an irreversible decision, I'm reluctant to seal the deal. Any advice?
Old 01-27-2016, 04:10 AM
Dragon Tavern Overseer

Which did you pick?

Old 02-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekarthou View Post
I'm a Lvl 56 Sky Guard and I'm ready to take the immortal plunge. The problem is, I can't decide which path to take. Are they all relatively balanced, leaving it purely an RP choice? Or are some paths better than others? I'm leaning towards "Demigod", but with it being an irreversible decision, I'm reluctant to seal the deal. Any advice?
Take all of em.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:03 PM
Adventurer

After taking 10 of the 14 paths on my toons, these are the ones which seems to be more beneficial/powerful/fun then the others, not in any particular order.

Vampire
Demigod
Dragonsoul
Abyssal
Timelord
Planeswalker

then again, im only lvl30-40 on my first remort so take my advice with a pinch of salt.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordos View Post
After taking 10 of the 14 paths on my toons, these are the ones which seems to be more beneficial/powerful/fun then the others, not in any particular order.
All hell breaks loose on more active rpg communities if you dare call your characters "toons",.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Adventurer

i quest with them, gear them with weapons, died n ressed, got drunk with each of them, just like in a MMO. so they are toons to me
Old 06-30-2016, 05:30 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordos View Post
i quest with them, gear them with weapons, died n ressed, got drunk with each of them, just like in a MMO. so they are toons to me
Yeah,. uhm,. MMO characters like in World of Warcraft or whatever you played before, aren't considered "toons" either.
It tends to be a younger generation that does not seem to know/understand the difference, and it's about as irksome as people who neglect the difference between Rogue (shadowy character, pickpocket, thief) and Rouge (french makeup, red cheeks).

Please allow me to enlighten you to the difference, then.
So that you may spread this wisdom among your peers, friends, and other folk you may wish to impress with your newfound wisdom in the future.

- Toons are more the disney, marvel, dc comics kind of thing. The stuff you read on the bus or at a comic store and do not actually have any control over.
-> Toon: http://kicsterash.deviantart.com/art...rces-372484932

- Characters tend to be classified to "roleplaying" games, and which is where you act and play as though being said person - pretty much exactly as you described you are doing.
-> RPG Character: https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/3692952..._navigate=true

Case in point, some terms you've no doubt heard before and will come across quite often in Role Playing Games:
- NPC = Non Playable Character.
- PC = Playable Character.

Not "NPT"...

Last edited by bbr; 06-30-2016 at 05:46 PM.