Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 11-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Adventurer

Normal companions! That was all Lechies wanted. Was it truly so much to ask for? At least Wyfara's mind seemed to operate like that of a normal person: in the blink of an eye she had their attacker at spearpoint and was interrogating him, exactly what Lechies would've done herself.

By all means she would've gone to help Wyfara if not for the appearance of another person astride a black and red horse, yet another Deadlander by the looks of him. He called down to their group as he descended the hillside, and Lechies sent him a barely-restrained glare, her patience nearing its limits. Could he not see that they were busy subduing an attacker and their tempers were on edge? Who on earth chose a time like this to approach strangers and ask for water? Had she any explosives left she would've hurled them at him.

But alas, giving in to violent impulse was not what the civilized people of the Steel Empire did. Lechies paused to take a deep calming breath, then said, somehow managing to keep an even tone, "I'm afraid not, Sir. If you continue west from here about half a mile," she added, deliberately talking over Locolus' drunken rambling, "I believe you'll find a mountain stream to restock your supply."

“HAS ANYONE SEEN MY POSTER?!”

Lechies whirled on him, her face livid. "Oh, for heaven's sake--" she snapped, but stopped short. She'd turned just in time to watch Wyfara drop like a sack of flour, the giant leopard back and about to pounce.

Inexplicably, the man who'd just attacked them defended the fallen Bonemaiden, but Lechies didn't have the luxury of time to wonder why. Twisting around in the other direction, she noticed a small green body ducking behind the brush, and the pieces clicked into place. The goblins were back, and apparently now they were trying hit and run tactics in hopes of successfully preparing their leopard deity's supper, seeing as how a frontal attack had failed.

"Let's go!" she shouted to Locolus, breaking into a run where the goblin ambusher had disappeared. "And look out for darts!" Whether the newcomer who'd asked for water wanted to help was his choice.
Mirevra - Sky Guard
Ivanna - Inquisitor (HC)
Sonohei - Dread Minstrel (HC)
Old 11-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Looking to his side he saw the goblins as well and knew that they would spar his no pardon for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. With a faint whistle he pulled out his claymore and the grass behind him started moving ever so slightly, it would have looked as if they were just moving in the breeze but not breeze had come by and if you stared at them long enough you would notice they were moving position. Charging towards a goblin he had seen duck behind a tree trunk he raised his sword, ready for attack. However before he could make it to the tree the moving grass cut him off and leaped into the air landing on the goblin. Running around in a circle and twisting his body he tried to get the three creatures that were now on him off but with not avail. While the beast twisted and ran around he ran up with his claymore and struck the distracted beast, swinging with such force that he managed to cut both of the goblin’s legs off just above the knee. As the goblin fell to the ground crying out in pain the three lumps of grass jumped off and became one with the surrounding ground again.

(OOC: You can mod for my little creatures if you want but note that I only have 10 with me and all they really can do is jump onto a target and bite him but not bite him enough to actually kill him but to distract.)
Old 11-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Groin heard the sound of fighting in the distenacs from behind his barrs it has been weeks of the ugly treatment he has recived form the goblins they impresiond him after jumping him not to far off form here he was in nothing more then a tatterd rag he stared with hate full eyes at the chife who holding his two axes the chife noticed his glear "oh short taste one looks as if will have more to eat tonight then HEK HEK HEK your ax ax will cutt you and sever you yumm yumm taste short one " Groin looked down with shame "How could this of happen to me i was to cocky my master always wonerd me of this im a failur i dont desiver to be a strong arm"
he thought back to what his mother always said to him if he ever fell or hurt himself "Your a strong and we dont show weakness not if you on your death bed or about to be cutt in half always be proud of you family always keep your head high now thats my little boy" he smiled oh how he missed her then he looked back to the chief and spat "I hope you chocke on my bones" he was then probed in back by a spear butt and nocked down he lay there hoping somone would save him

The brothers are gone off in the world far in wide but what brings them together will bring the world apart
Old 11-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Experienced Adventurer

At the back of her mind, she was screaming for her body to get up but she couldn't respond. Her eyelids were too heavy no matter how hard she tried to keep herself awake. She had taken a goblin sleeping dart and was now cursing her lost of awareness.

Then the leopard crept up to her, she tried to reach for her bonespear but her fingers barely moved. She shut her eyes, waiting for the inevitable. But the killing bite did not come.

The faint sounds of growling and that of battle could be heard, and Wyfara wondered if their assailant had become her apparent saviour. But, she was so... tired.

"I think I'll... just take a short rest. I won't be a while."
She told herself.

How long she lay there she did not know. Then she realised that she was still awake. In fact, it felt as if her whole body was being pricked by needles. The needles became nails and suddenly there were sharp jabs everywhere. Almost instantly, her eyes flew open as she felt fire course through her veins.

The runes on her armour were glowing bright red. Their magic burning away the poison that was in her blood. The pain lessened when she got up into a sitting position. Then, her instincts snapped into place. She was in danger.

Quickly she located her bonespear - still a little drowsy - and searched for the leopard. She was just in time to see the Deathknight hurled through the air again to land on Locolus. There was blood gushing from it's right eye as it howled in pain. It's growl shaking the very grass in front of her. Slowly it retreated back into the cave.

But the beast was done with being toyed around. It was angry, it was hungry and it wanted to kill all those puny little humanoids that irritated it. With a fearsome roar, it charged back out at the woman who was just getting to her feet. Take the weakest down.

"By the -!" Wyfara had barely a warning before she saw the leopard attacking. Jerking out of the way, she barely avoided being trampled by the huge body as the leopard flew past her.

She spun around and regained her position, planting her spear into the ground and facing the feline beast.

"Come and get it O'Fearsome Kitten!!"

When the woman got past it, the leopard immediately dug it's claws into the ground and turned to get back at her. Seing the warrior on her feet, it immediately resumed a crouch. Snaking in close, the leopard let out a fury of swipes at the woman; it's claws slashing through the air.

Wyfara was ready. She parried the blows with her spear. Artfully dodging the extended claws. Ducking under a paw, she rolled to the leopard's side and stabbed through the coat of fur, covering the leopard's hind leg.

"Is that all you've got?!!!"

Roaring, the cat whirled around and lashed out with both it's paws.

Wyfara barely had time to react. Runes flaring, she leapt into the air. The bonemaiden managed to evade the slicing claws. Landing on her feet, she turned around just in time to catch a backhanded swipe from the leopard. Wyfara was knocked into the air and landed tumbling, coming to a stop against a rock, near the trees.

Character Profiles: Lysiris Farandir & Iridris Farandir

Last edited by Wyeel; 11-30-2008 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 AM
Adventurer

Lechies stomped through the tall grass after the goblin, wishing she were just a bit taller if only because it would give her a better view of where the cowardly green thing had disappeared to. The back of her mind took note of the sounds of battle behind her; assuming her impromptu companions were all doing their part to help, Lechies narrowed her focus to chasing after the goblin with the darts and pulled a bottle from her belt, creeping carefully through the brush.

After this, three more bottles left, and then all I'll have is my knife, she noted with a grimace. Better make this one count.

She paused at the mouth of the cavern against the side of the hill. When she and Locolus had rushed to Grip's aid earlier, the goblin reinforcements had rushed out of here... Should she risk going in? If only she had some explosive concoctions left, any explosive concoction, she could just lob the bottle in there and take them all out in one glorious ka-boom...

Sudden movement flashed in the corner of her eye and Lechies reflexively hit the ground, just in time to hear the faint whistle of a tiny projectile passing overhead. Another knock-out dart. She glanced up and caught a glimpse of her attacker's goblinoid grin from within the dark mouth of the cavern before it vanished again, leaving the young alchemist cursing.

Fine, that was how he wanted to play it.

Lechies ran inside and yanked a slim vial into her other hand. This one was filled to the brim with a milky white liquid, and as she gave it a vigorous shake up and down, the liquid bubbled and began to glow silver, driving back the dark of the cave so she could see her path as she ventured deeper.

"Come out, you little bugger!" she shouted. A cloud of dust dropped from the ceiling as her challenge echoed all the way inside.
Mirevra - Sky Guard
Ivanna - Inquisitor (HC)
Sonohei - Dread Minstrel (HC)
Old 11-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Still down at the foot of the hill fighting goblins he ducked and twisted as swords and hand axes were swung at him. The goblins had managed to surround him in the dense grass and he could hardly fend off their attacks, let alone get one of his own in. Dodging a sword he noticed that a dart had hit his armor and the tip broke off for it was to weak to pass through. Rolling on the ground he grabbed the dart and with all his might flung it at a goblin that was making its way towards him.

Letting out a scream the goblin pulled out the dart from his leg just before he started to tense up and fall to the ground, unable to move. Letting out a faint whistle the grass around him started to move and out of nowhere more strange grassy monsters jumped on the goblins and started to bit at their backs, legs, arms, and even their necks. Running over to a goblin he took his sword ans impaled the goblin in his chest. As he pulled his sword out squirts of blood shot out of the gaping wound. Than turning to face the others he saw a goblin pop his small out from the grass and shoot another dart at him.

Hitting his armor the dart broke like the other one and he continued on his way; however, this time he sent the two monsters that were on the goblin he just killed after the dart shooter. Running through the grass he swung his sword at a panicking goblin who had three of the monsters biting at him. The monsters dropped from his body just as the sword hit his in the side of his chest, which left a massive wound on the know dying goblin. Turning to face other others he ran at them one after another, swinging his sword left to right and right to left. They all fell before him and his sword, each suffering from a massive blow as they lay on the ground dying or dead.

Turning his attention towards the cave at the top of the hill he saw the massive beast as it flung the girl off into the distance. Making his way towards the top of the hill the goblin that was shooting darts at him jumped out and within seconds the two monsters that had been following him jumped upon his back while more of them jumped on him from the front. Turning to the side he ran past the goblin as he rolled on the ground in pain as the rest of the monsters joined in on the attack.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Anti-spam Angel

From the valley below he had long heard the sounds of battle and urged his mount into a fast sprint, its legs pumping rhythmically faster, tail flying behind it and its owner with an earnest expression on his face.

Blizzard had raced along the valley floor as pure white and as fast as his namesake. He was now finding his way up on the far side of the hill from whence the bitter mix of sword and steel were clashing and loud battle cries echoed across the range. Following the ever-steeper path, Blizzard continued as a loud roar issued from above, his eyes rolling in the back of his head he mentally shouted at his owner...

'Shey?'

No answer. So he tried again.

'Shey'!!!!

He shouted louder still and this time froze in mid-step, nearly sending his rider to the floor.

"What was that for?" a surprised exclamation issuing from his 'partner'

'Well lets see a huge roar has just sounded from above where the battle is, making it sound like there's a huge feline of some sort up there, we haven’t heard that roar before, you weren't paying attention and I'd rather not be some cats main course, with you as the starter of course, because you were daydreaming again...' He let his voice trail off.

"Ok, ok I got it!!! Big bad cat equals bad news." the cavalier replied with a smile. He nudged Blizzard with his legs urging him forward, as he moved his shield around from his back to settle it into place on his left arm, his left hand keeping constant grip on the reins, he lowered his visor into place and unsheathed his sword.

The battle was just ahead now, with them turning around the last corner just as he saw the huge feline fling a bone-wielding woman to the ground where she continued rolling until she crashed into a huge rock near them.

His gaze now set Shey urged his mount forward, the hooves pounding on the ground as his charge gained momentum.

'Here, Kitty, kitty, kitty...' he bellowed as the cat turned towards them at the sound of their approach...

Last edited by Aira; 11-30-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Experienced Adventurer

'Here, Kitty, kitty, kitty...'

What? In the short time that he’d been away (or at least he thought it had been short… Locolus had slinked away for a bottle of ale. After the 9th bottle he had decided to give his eyes a bit of a rest) some new guy had joined the fray. Was he friend or… the other thing? You know… the one that’s un-friendly and stuffffff. And what about that leeeeechies girl? Locolus stood up, clenching his head in the process and walked toward the sound. He hadn’t even gone 8 ft ( which took him the best part of a minute as there was a lot of sidewards staggering involved) before he tripped on something.

Or someone… it was that Wyfar- whatsits woman. She was slumped next to a tree.
“Hello little lady,” Locolus flirted, “what are you dooooo…” and with that, Locolus lost conciseness, his face falling forwards on the soft green grass.

Grip looked at the battle with contempt. The leopard that had so badly wounded her was having its own difficulties with the humans and that four legged beast that the human called “flame”. A chill ran down her spine. Whatever it was it wasn't a good idea to be near it. That lechies girl. She had helped Grip. Kindness radiated from her. So far as Grip was concerned the only two people who deserved her respect were her and Locolus. Well… mabey just the one. But at least Locolus deserved her pity.Where was Locolus anyway? Grip tutted. He had the last 9 bottles of her extra strength ale with him too...
… Grip picked herself up off the ground and went in search of him. Priorities were priorities after all.