Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 10-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Experienced Adventurer

The pain.
It was all over her, clouding her mind, cutting through every fibre of her body. It emnated from the wound in her left shoulder. But she fought against it. "I must not let go, I'll not give in", uttered her thoughts through the foggy clouds that were her mind and amazingly, the pain receded. But only just a little.
She was aware of the human getting up and walking over to her. He was asking her something but she was too dazed to answer immediately. When she had recovered her senses enough to speak, she spoke through half clenched teeth.
"I'm sorry, I didn't catch what you ...".
before she could finish the stranger repeated his question,
"Are you hurt? Do you need help? I have some medicines that might be able to aid you". Concern mirrored in Orion eyes as he looked at the elven girl.
"Oh? Is that so? Then I fear..., kind sir..., that it would not do much help... at least for now...". She replied haltingly for every breath she took was an effort.
"Forgive me if I ask, but why wouldn't the medicines help?" Asked Orion.
Unable to reply as a new flash of pain coursed through her, she untied her cloak to reveal an elaborately embroided high-necked vest. Lightning bolts and snowflakes were sewn into the leather and there was a coat-of-arms at the heart of the garment.
But the intricate garment was scarred by a shard of crystal that resembled a spear head. It pierced her shoulder narrowly missing her heart by a few inches.
"I dare not pull it out for fear that I may not be able to stop the bleeding..", she managed to gasp out.

Last edited by Wyeel; 10-01-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:03 AM
Experienced Adventurer

"If bleeding to death is your fear you dont have anything to worry about." He said this as his eyes started to glow agian. "I served in the Deadland Army for 5 years and I have seen much worse wounds than that. I have a scar from a old wound that can put that to shame and then some but I do however had some medicine that will stop the pain long enough to pull out that crystal and bandage it up. I cant say it will heal as good as if a doctor did it but when you see friends dying on a field you pick you a few tricks along the way." He explained this to the elf as she sat there in pain.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a small pouch of herbs. Eat these with your meal, they will ease the pain and when you cant feel to much pain tell me and I will rent a room so I might pull that out in private as not to disterb the patrons of the tavern." After handing the herbs to the elf he walked back to his set, but not before ordering a pint of warm Dwarven ale to drink.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 AM
Experienced Adventurer

A ragged but happily whistling man walked in. He wore good-quality armour and had a simple but efficient-looking longsword at his waist. He had slung two bags behind his back, one obviously a massive hoard of gold and another the usual set of adventurer equipment.
When he noticed the current scene he asked curiously: "Never mind me, folks, but shouldn't you call for Dragon Tavern healers?"
Then he looked more closer to see the people. "Orion?"

Approved by Shedek
Old 10-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Turning his head toward the voice to see who called his name he answered. "I have this under control here and what can sleeping men do that I cant?" Taking a closer look at the person he realized who it was. "Mill?" He said as if shocked to him here at this time of year. "Mill is that really you? What brings you here this late at night and this late into the winter? I thought by now you would have been in a fort on some mountain pass with your men staying warm while you trained them more." He said this knowing the Mill had a few followers and that he was training them, even know they were not to skill yet, or at lest not when he saw them the last time.

Last edited by 7_lives_2_go; 10-01-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Corde looked at the elf with pitty then turned his head to the new stranger a man who looked like he was born to lead. Seeing Orin greet the new comber he extends his hand Saying "Corde beserker at your services" he yells at the bartender for to dwarven ales "take a seat friend"
________
Hildember.Hot

Last edited by tydog05; 08-15-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Mill laughed happily. "Aye, mate, I should be with my men back in Meadowbrook to chit-chat with elvish ladies and drill the men some more. But I couldn't resist the urge to venture in the wilds again. There's no threat and sergeant Vito can keep the men in line. You should see them folks now, mate! It brings happy tears to my eyes when I see the effort they put up and fight like mountain lions, altough disciplined ones!"
Then Mill grabbed the offered hand. "Captain Mill Wilkinson of Meadowbrook Army, it is a pleasure to meet you Corde."
He sat down and leaned his head to his hand. "Now I'm moving with only a lot of three soldiers. It is good to actually have equipped and paid your own troops. Gives you some privileges. And what have you been up to, Orion?"

Approved by Shedek
Old 10-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Experienced Adventurer

"Well you know, a little dark magic here and there, hunting for secrets of my past and like always slaying spirits of my past kills, it seems that not matter what I do they always find me. I think my Master is out to kill me or trying to force me to grow in power, but what ever it is I vow he will not get away with it and that I will save Lillian from his grasp even if that means I will have to take her place." Orion lost all emotion in his face as he mention Lillian, a one lone tear ran down his cheek. He regained his composure and turned back to Mill. "I would love to see your men in action soon, last time I saw them they could not even hold a line while under attack." He laughed as he said this about him men, he knew that Mill was a great leader and that he would have had his men in fighting order by now.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:29 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

[Pardon me, Allow me to join you all? ]

It was amidst the greetings did a slender, petite figure slipped between the tavern doors and quickly found a seat by the fire unnoticed. Warmth crept into her chilled bones as she picked up the scent of others within the tavern, her hands rubbing together to ward off the cold touch of the snow. The smell of blood informed her of an injured party and the tip of her tongue darted out to wet her lips, as if tasting the air. From within the shadows of her tattered hood, emerald green eyes glimmered.

She made no move to join the others. Long, skeletal fingers emerged from within the folds of her cloak, accompanied by a strange tinkling noise as she pushed back her hood and gestured towards the barkeep for a drink. Dark raven locks tumbled around her shoulder in disarray, her cloak was old and tattered. Around the girl’s wrist was an ancient silver bracelet with a faded inscription upon it and every time the girl moved her hand, it gave off a faint musical chime. The blue of her veins showing through her translucent skin as she waited patiently for her drink…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ad0a_1.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	64  

~ Qtchi's Profile ~

Last edited by QTChi; 11-20-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: SpellCheck
Old 10-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Experienced Adventurer

No one noticed the new patron who arrived at the tavern, she slipped in and did not make a sound or at least not one many could hear. Orion only noticed her by chance when he heard the sound of what seemed to be bells coming from her direction. He stared at the girl with his glowing green eyes, her long raven locks were around her shoulders and she wore a silver bracelet around her wrist, he could hardly even see it with her cloak around her, he saw more of the glow that came off it than anything but he knew it was there.

Last edited by 7_lives_2_go; 10-01-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Meanwhile the elven girl was slowly mouthing her bowl of stew that the tavern keeper had brought her. She had mixed in the herbs the human had given her and slowly she felt her shoulder grow numb. It sure did its job of taking away pain but she wasn't sure it would do much good in healing what with the shard still embedded in her.
She was aware of patrons arriving in the tavern but her mind was preoccupied. Taking a sip of the ale, she grimaced, not used to the strength of it preferring the usual elven wine she had back home. Finally, she gave up trying to force food down and got up to join the human and his new found friends; though somewhat unsteadily.
"Might I join you guys at the table?" She asked, but sat down anyway without waiting for a reply - between the human and the newcomer.
Inclining her head to the right, she said to the man the human called Mill, "About your question earlier, the tavernkeeper told me I chose a fine time to get injured. The healers are at a nearby village replenishing their herb store and won't be back in a while... because of the snow storm."
Next, she turned to the left and said to the human, "Sorry to interupt you but if your offer still holds I'd like to get rid of this nuisance once and for all". She tried to keep her voice firm but her face was pale and there was a slight tremor in her voice.

Last edited by Wyeel; 10-01-2008 at 11:38 PM.