Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 11-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Weapon of Spam Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Acebrock

Dread Ace moved towards the crowd before collapsing. A few menwho were watchingthe fight,and who were unarmed, and obviously worried about their own safety, carried her out of the tavern, seeking medical help. Her sword stayed behind, laying flat on the ground.

Ace Brock, still woozy, managed to get his footing and grabbed two chairs which he used as crutches. He watched Dread Ace get carried off, and used his chair crutches to get to the front of the bar, and said something that sounded like, "lot esse arraning?"

A bystander said "I assume they're getting her medical help, and that's all I can say."

Ace then used the crutches to get out the door as well, with a slightly comical moment when he tried to get through the door, with two chairs. He cold be heard saying "I'n ever doing fo rive lis bown." (I'm never going to live this down)"

Meanwhile the man who had been hit with her (Dread Ace's) curse, was pouring out something fast enough that no one could understand him.

"Whoa whoa, slow down," Said the barmaid, "What are you trying to say?"

"She attacked me first." said the man

The Berzerker said, "One of your buddies attacked her first, after throwing her friend into the wall, from what I saw. Now answer my question, why did you attack her?"

"I...I...I thought she was a criminal, because why else would she not talk about her past?" he said, sobbing.

"A little overzealous with the no secrets thing?" Asked the Berzerker, referring to how Agents know everyone's secrets in the Steel Empire.

"He was just so convincing!"

"Who?" Asked the Barmaid.

"Ajus, the man who led us down here. He's dead now." At this point he turned into a blubbering mess.

"What should we do with him?" The Berzerker asked the Barmaid.

"We'll keep him on the grounds. I want more from him, as well as the other survivors. After that we'll decide."

(accidently deleted at level 33)

Last edited by Acebrock; 11-27-2008 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Expansion and complaints being resolved
Old 11-27-2008, 02:02 AM
Anti-spam Angel

Aira watched carefully as the men rushed at her and saw that the right one was half a pace faster than the other.

Her course of action decided she unsheathed her other blade and rushed forward charging down at the centre at both of them, then at the last minute she spun on her right foot and slipped inside the foremost man's guard. With her back to him and using the speed of her attack her elbow flew up to catch the man on his throat, his fingers dropped his sword and went straight to his throat as a horrid gasping sound emerged from his lips causing his face to go from red to white in an instant.

As the first man collapsed to the floor behind her, a sword swung at her from behind, sensing it at the last instant she dropped to the floor and spun her feet out in a wide arc sweeping the second mans legs out from under him.
A huge noise echoed around the tavern as a concussive blast went off somewhere close by at the same moment that she thrust her sword through the second man's chest.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:32 AM

[ooc: I edited my last post, make sure you review it, and make any necessary changes]

Old 12-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Kelric Valas Send a message via Yahoo to Kelric Valas Send a message via Skype™ to Kelric Valas

On the 2nd floor Kelric overly excited from the sounds of a fight skips towards the stairs taking his sweet time. The amount of action rumbling through the ground is a good sign of how large the brawl is.

"God I can't wait! I wonder if people are actually killing each other or it's just a fist fight?!" squeals with excitement just before turning to his Wraith companion. "How many do you think I can kill before it's over?"

Looking at his Wraith the average person would be mortified by the sight of him. Large for its kind this 7'6 Spectre towers over his companion. Kelric only being 5'11. Pilch is a beheaded-scythe-wielding wraith. With no feet and hardly any flesh covering what limbs can be seen underneath it's blood stained cloak Pilch simply hovers inches over the ground. Though he's passively invisible those that do see Pilch..don't forget him.

Ooo. How many souls do you think you can collect before the fight is over? We must find out!! Pilch's voice resembles that of a young boy as it echos through the Reaver's mind.

Focused on unbuttoning his trench coat he reaching the stairs realizing he's still skipping and starts to tumble down. Letting out a womanly shriek he flails his arms and legs as he rolls down the staircase. Few people give him any real heed still focused on the fighting. Kelric makes sure the hood is still over his face, his nifty Trench Coat enchantment keeping his faced concealed. Only his green glowing eyes and the green smoke which trails from them can be seen through the darkness.

He quickly scans the room seeing the random wounded people and those which have decided to take up arms. Sweet. A real fight. I see lots of blood. Well, Pilch, looks like there's hope for you yet. Speaking to his companion in his mind the quick response of clapping is enough for Kelric.

Seeing a friendly Necromancer in trouble as she sinks her teeth into his wrist brings a small grin to his face as the man jerks back in pain raising his upper body as he pulls his wrist to his chest losing some skin while he's at it. Oh shit..he's first, isn't he? Pilch pipes in realizing the woman on the ground is Q.

Kelric answers with whipping his Trench Coat open revealing the leather strap across his bare and chiseled torso. More noticeable than his abs are the demonic incantation tattoos that plague his entire body. So quick it would have appeared to the untrained eye that the throwing daggers appeared into his hand. A simple snap of the wrists sends the daggers flying. With years of practice his training does not falter as both daggers land on their mark. Bother daggers hitting the base of his throat within an inch of each other.

Kelric quickly jumps onto the nearest table leaping over the man made wall passing the onlooking patrons. He quickly weaves through the other brutes and stands over Q's head getting right in front of the dying man. Grabbing the man by the hair with his left hand he forces his last living moments to stare his assailant in the eyes. Orange flames begin to dance over the reaver's hand just before slamming his palm into the dying man's chest. His body beginning to uncontrollably shake. An orange glow can be seen within his open eyes and mouth as he screams with his last breath.

Kelric rips his right hand away pulling out an orange ethereal form. The man's soul. Pilch, his Wraith, can only be seen for a few seconds as he grabs the soul devouring it for all to see. A rare spectacle for a reaver to do in public. The man's body instantly becomes dead weight as Kelric jerks his head to the side forcing him off the woman. He looks down at her extending his hand as a way up.
"Sorry it took so long. You should have said something."

Old 12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

Warmth seeped into her bones and flooded her flesh. Her skin hardened and from within her body, heat blazed from within, filling her eyes with a strange glow like flames licking away her humanity. Her hands tightened around the man’s arm, a sense of invincibility sweeping through her mind. Within her chest, her heart pounded a hard and joyful rhythm. The whispers in her mind danced and her body hungered for more, creating a need to have everything – all of it. Like a beast, she drank, letting the sweet taste of life fill her mouth; her pulse began moving faster and faster, gaining momentum…energy…power...and…

Her prey roared with pain, his face draining of color as he struggled to free himself from this dark-haired demon. With horror, he noted her eyes, the glow within them and the hunger it exuded…
the man jerks back in pain raising his upper body as he pulls his wrist to his chest losing some skin while he's at it.

She glared up at the man with single-minded determination, her full lips swollen from the feeding. With a snarl, she jerked her back from the ground, just as the dagger embedded themselves into her prey, making the girl pause in surprise.

Her back stiffened and the air shimmered with magic; before her eyes, a arm shot into view and within its grasp, the man writhed painfully. An undecipherable look crossed Q’s face as his dying screams filled the room along the orange flames that reflected the glow within her own eyes, her tongue darted out and mingled with the dried blood upon her lips, the necromancer tasted the man's fear. Like a ripple across the water, she felt the exact moment the man’s soul was wrenched from his body...

Quote:
"Sorry it took so long. You should have said something."
Slowly the hunger drained from her own eyes, leaving them emerald green once more. The girl jerked her back to look at the speaker, spilling dark locks down her back.

”Kelric Valas”

The girl pulled herself to her feet, then drew her hand back within the folds of her cloak as she stood facing the man, ”Tis been awhile…” She spoke, her words a bit muffled as her arm lifted to wipe away a trickle of blood from the side of her lips. Her eyes darted to Pilch who was devouring the poor man’s soul and a wry grin lifted a corner of her mouth.

"Glad ta see ye too Pilch ... 'bout time ye two showed up."

:: Animated Banner Designer - Click Image for My Work ::
Old 12-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Kelric Valas Send a message via Yahoo to Kelric Valas Send a message via Skype™ to Kelric Valas

After Kelric helps Q back to her feet he squats down pulling the two engorged daggers from the man's neck using the dead man's clothes wiping the blades clean.

”Kelric Valas”
His eyes dart up to stare into her own at the mention of his name. Standing back up he pulls open the trench coat slipping the two throwing daggers back into their rightful places just before buttoning his coat back up.
”Tis been awhile…”

His shoulders juggle his head from side to side giving him a look as if he's thinking of their last encounter. He rests his hands down at his side, his palms laying on top of the hilts of his trusted scimitars.

"Glad ta see ye too Pilch ... 'bout time ye two showed up."

Though Pilch is no longer visible he's waving. His voice could be heard in her head. Hey hey! That tasted a little rotten, but I hope there's more where that came from. Kelric simply shrugs as he takes a step closer towards Q. Leaning his face closer to hers his eyes glance at those still left alive from the brawl. "Well, I was sleep. I'm so happy. I wake up and got to kill someone..mind filling me in?"

Giggling erupts in the back of Kelric's head. Ooooh You mind filling me in?! Though Kelric is looking into Q's eyes so distracted by Pilch he forgets she's even there. His eyes narrow at Pilch's words just before the spectre begins slapping the back of his owner becoming visible for a second each time he comes in contact with him. Why dont you just ask for a kiss for compensation of her life?! The laughing gets louder as it mixes with smooching sounds.

Kelric's eye twitches just before his head snaps back glaring at Pilch. "Would you shut your mouth already?!"
Though Pilch's snickering could still be heard in the back of his mind Kelric slides his hood back revealing his tattooed face. His bronze brown skin littered with tattoos even on his neck and face. The most noticeable one would be the "Velox Mortis" across his forehead. Meaning Swift Death he got it his last days in the guild. A name..well earned.

A large grin impossible to miss feeling refreshed every time he reveals his face. The reactions of those unused to the sight give him such satisfaction it can't be described. He moves his left hand from his sword pulling on his labret piercing. The small metal sickle which wraps around his chin.

Last edited by Kelric Valas; 12-03-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:48 AM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

Q turned her gaze away from Kelric, dark green eyes searching through the crowd of tavern patrons for the women she had noticed earlier…

Strange, She thought to herself with a frown.
”It seems…our lady of mystery had left,” She murmured, taking a step forward. Questions coursed through her mind and the young girl pursed her lips, wondering from where the strange lady had come from…and from where she had gone…

"Why the attack?"

Her gaze fell upon the other fighter, still standing by the fire with her blades drawn. Barely visible from where Q stood peering, laid the body of an attacker upon the ground.

The girl raised an eyebrow.

”Perhaps she would tell us?” She told Kelric, jerking her head in the direction of the stranger. Her hands adjusted her tattered cloak, which had gone askewed during the braw, before making her way closer to the other girl...

:: Animated Banner Designer - Click Image for My Work ::

Last edited by QTChi; 12-04-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Anti-spam Angel

She felt the man twitch slightly as if he was tensing to escape but there was no time, her blade sank through the man's heart and continued until she felt it impale itself on the wooden floorboards beneath. The man's eyes lay open staring at her, the colour fading slightly as his body become nothing but a lifeless slab on the floor.

Standing up she mused that his vacant expression probably matched the IQ he had possessed in life.

'You should value life more...you fool.' she hissed under her breath.

Her battle reflexes now ebbing, she detected the very atmosphere around her now contained a mixture of awe, fear and revulsion which permeated the very walls...her gaze followed those around her and she found herself staring open-mouthed at the sight before her....

A physically imposing man with a gleaming pair of emerald eyes yanked the head of one of the attackers and forced the man's eyes to look into his own as he rammed an orange energy coloured hand to the men's chest. Then everything seemed to go still and a mist-like form appeared behind the Reaver, its lower smoky tendrils were wrapped about his body but it towered above him, its face cloaked in a hood. With what seemed like excitement it fell upon the orange energy, devoured it and then it faded away like a bad dream.

Keeping her thoughts to herself, Aira pulled her sword out of the man's body and wiping the blade on the dead man's clothing, she then sheathed it. Her gaze was now drawn to where the young pale-faced woman was walking towards her...

Old 12-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Kelric follows her gaze still pulling on his labret piercing like he understands what is going on.
”It seems…our lady of mystery had left,” She murmured, taking a step forward.

Kelric nods as he scans the masses. "Dammit. I hate when women do that to me too." His voice barely more than a whisper as he talks to himself more than Q. "I mean..you make them dinner and get all smooth with them but as soon as it comes to the best part of the night and you start getting undressed they just..up and disappear. Now why d-"

Q's voice stops him in mid sentence. "Why the attack?" Still in his own little world Kelric tugs the sickle. His eyes angled down towards the ground giving him a spaced out look, his voice still barely more than a whisper.

"What? No. I'm not attacking you. I know you'd commit. Hell. I just saw you sinking your teeth into a man. He could have had diseases you know.."

"Perhaps she would tell us?"

Kelric's head becomes juggled once more as he weighs the pros and cons. "Bringing another woman into this could always be a lot more entertaining..I've never really tried that. Kelric's eyes go up to see if she had anyone in particular in mind. Following her gaze he spots the woman in front of the fire. He instantly coils back to his side bringing his hands up and together in front of his chest while also raising a knee. He also adds a small hissing noise as a form of intimidation. A 6 year old's form of protection. "She seems kinda kinky. Think she'd go all crazy and cut me? I don't know if she's the best qualified. Cant we find a barmaid or something that's a little more controllable?"

Old 12-04-2008, 07:07 PM

[OOC: When you're ready drop me a line and I'll fast forward the story 24 hours, and your characters will be able to talk to Dread Ace]