Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 12-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Kelric Valas Send a message via Yahoo to Kelric Valas Send a message via Skype™ to Kelric Valas

[OOC: I think we're just killing time now until you do something that changes the direction.]

Old 12-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Weapon of Spam Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Acebrock

The next day Dread Ace reappeared in the bar, able to talk, and drinking down her beer. She was in a dark green tee and dark brown pants, instead of her armor (claiming it was being repaired again) and still in apparent pain,especially when she talked. The scars on her arms were numerous, and drew a lot of attention, but all were old.

When she talked to the Barmaid, she was told that they wanted to talk to her about last night's incident, and mentioned that there was one survivor out of her assailants. She asked about talking to him, and was told she would have the opportunity when the Dragon Tavern staff had their go. She sat at the far end of the bar, probably hoping to be left alone. Of course the extra chair in front of her was rather inviting for the curious.

(accidently deleted at level 33)

Old 12-05-2008, 12:15 AM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

His hair was the deep brown of oak bark and entirely unkempt. Eyes, one the bold blue of the marsh bells, the other the same green as the hills of Eire, sat above a crooked nose that told it had weathered a break. A finger went up to smooth the scar that ran down the side of his face, barely visible from this new tan he had gotten after a traipse through the desert.

Below him was the busy streets of Dragon Tavern.

Quietly, he leapt from his perch, landing on both feet without the slightest catch to his breath. A skinny servant girl walked past him even as his hand darted out to lift a bread stick from her basket, without her attention caught. Sauntering, he hummed aloud as his feet did a little patter.

He brushed past a lady exiting the tavern, wearing a contraption atop her head that reminded him of goblin ears.
“Ma’aaam” He swept himself in an exaggerated bow of apology before rising with a gallant smile upon his lips. “Lookin’ rather lovely there darlin’” He added, making the women stammer an incoherent reply before rushing away blushing.

Turning into the tavern door, he promptly steps into a short portly man who seemed to be in a hurry to leave.

“Do pardon me o’chap,” He said jovially, giving the man a firm handshake and playful pat on the shoulder. Stepping aside, he did a little dance over to the bar counter, a hand saluting his order to the barkeep.

Neither victims noticed his hand surreptitiously putting away his profits into his breast pocket. A delightful necklace, scrumptious diamond earrings and the gold male signet ring.

His day was going
so well.

With a grin, he tossed a coin onto the counter and spun around with drink in hand, his eyes already watching the room for another victim. A mountain of muscle resembling a man on his left or the buxom red vision on his right or perhaps the quiet girl in green sitting alone in the shadows...
Oh his possibilities were endless…

Sporting his most charming smile, he weaved his way over to the corner...

“Now what is a lovely lady, such as yourself, sitting by yourself?” He asked, folding his lanky body into the chair across from the girl uninvited. "Tis still early, but could I interested you in a drink?" Plunking an arm upon the table, he leaned forward and flashed his new companion a devilish smile.

:: Animated Banner Designer - Click Image for My Work ::

Last edited by QTChi; 12-05-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Weapon of Spam Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Acebrock

“Now what is a lovely lady, such as yourself, sitting by yourself?” He asked, folding his lanky body into the chair across from the girl uninvited. "Tis still early, but could I interested you in a drink?" Plunking an arm upon the table, he leaned forward and flashed his new companion a devilish smile.

"No, thank you. I have a lot on my mind right now, and having people bugging me incessantly won't help that." She seemed a bit uncomfortable in his presence, and her eyes darted around the tavern, perhaps looking for an excuse to move to another table.

(accidently deleted at level 33)

Old 12-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Adventurer

With no warning the door to the Dragon Tavern bursts open. Entering the tavern is a short man around 5'5 with his head tilted upward. Most of the patrons ignore his entrance except those close enough to the door to hear him. His black robe matches that of his hat, gloves, and boots.

All three are jet black with gold trimmings and red somewhere mingled into the mix. His greatly plumed hat has an extraordinarily large red feather which sticks out roughly 6 inches past the brim of his hat..which already has a diameter of about a foot. His robes has a large red Celtic cross sewn into the back out of respect to his father and his teachings. Same with his gloves, on the back are also red Celtic crosses looking exactly the same as the one on his back. His boots, of course, are black with a crimson red lacing to match the rest of his gear.

He leaves his arms still in an out front position after pushing the door open until he gets halfway to the bar counter..keeping his chin raised. A bar maid passes letting a smile come across his face. Though a good looking fellow he's a generally modest person...most of the time.

"Why hello there. God certainly is a miraculous thing now isn't he?" Flashing a smile at the large breasted woman he rests his elbow onto the counter unable to lean too far onto it 'cause of his height putting him in awkward position. He earns a simple giggle as the woman walks off with her tray..probably laughing at his attempt instead of being impressed and lovestruck.

Turning his body back to the barkeep his necklace bangs against the counter making a sharp jingle sound. The Amulet is that of his family's crest. A Celtic cross resembling tree vines making it whole, but also it's made out of silver. In each corner there is a gem: A Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, a rich yellow Topaz, and in the dead center a diamond.

Slamming his fist onto the counter with his right hand he points to the tender with his opposite hand. "My good sir! I require a drink for the days are long, the roads are weary, and temptation is around ever corner!" He glances back to the barmaid which he admired earlier a boyish smile growing on his face. Finally sitting up into one of the stools he turns his body around bending his back over the counter placing both elbows on its surface to better examine the other inhabitants of the tavern. Shaking his head at the vile things that most dare call themselves human. Feasting as they yell, curse, and fight with one another.

The tender comes up behind him dodging and weaving the obscured feather as it flies left in right in the sky while Daerolith's head around the room. "Sir..what...can I get..for you?" The tender asks frantically trying to avoid the Priest's feather getting hit in the face more than once by it. His sudden voice startles the man in deep thought making him jump a little as he turns around.
"Ahhh. Yes. My good friend I would like a pint of.." He rests his hand onto the bottom of his chin rubbing the stubs of hair along his jaw line. The amount of thought is making the tender lose patience as he slowly leans forward.
"..Sir? What ca-" he's quickly cut off by the awkward fellow.
"Milk! I would like some milk!" He gives the man behind the counter a gleaming smile just before turns around to his previous position.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:30 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

He casted a glance towards the door, noting the new man that walked in.

Quote:
"Why hello there. God certainly is a miraculous thing now isn't he?"
The priests voice boomed across the tavern walls and Russet hid his amusement behind the twinkle of his blue eyes.

One of those holy-righteous men no doubt, He thought to himself, then rubbed his jaw trying to recall the last time he went in for confession. Although he was not a man of God, Russet did believe in going to confession once in awhile. Aside from the shocked monk in Church Brezendile, who else was there to boast his stories to?

He frowned a little. Then as if realizing he was doing so, Russet smoothed his face into another charming smile as he faced the lady in green.

”Alright M’lady, perhaps I shall leave you to your silence,” He said, yet made no move to leave his perch. His eyes continued to look deeply into that of the lady’s.

”But what could a delightful lady have on your mind?”

Behind him, he heard the tavern door swung open with a bang once more, making Russet glance over his shoulders with mild exasperation at being interrupted once more. This time, it was a lady that strode into the room, her eyes immediately honing in the corner in which he resided. Her face was anything but friendly.

Uneasily, he shifted his body, his hand slowly sliding off the table to finger one of the daggers that lined his vest.

Keeping his face one of disinterest, he watched her approach the table.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Kelric Valas Send a message via Yahoo to Kelric Valas Send a message via Skype™ to Kelric Valas

Kelric makes his way into the tavern right behind a woman which seemed most displeased. Uncaring he simply fumbled around with a frog juggling it in the air as he tries to wrap his hands around its slippery surface. Too preoccupied he trips over a leg of chair losing his grasp all together of the frog watching it become air born landing in front of the bar counter.

Ohh! Don't lose it! Get it get it get it get it! Kelric's Wraith tries to lead him on as he struggles to regain his composure sprinting towards the counter. He hurdles an entire table jumping between its patrons.

"I'm going! That sucker isn't going to get away from me. It took me too damn long to find and catch that thing. Especially in this weather!" Moving all around trying to avoid people in his way he still manages to keep his eye on the frog as it hops around avoiding someone's boot.

"Milk! I would like some milk!" He gives the man behind the counter a gleaming smile just before turns around to his previous position.

He finally catches the frog standing up straight. He takes in a deep breath as it wiggles helplessly in his hands just before it slows down getting too tired to fight anymore.
"Man. You're a slippery little thing but I finally caught you. You almost actually got away from me! Hahahaha. Kelric's acrimonious voice and laugh cuts through most of the patron's small conversations. With a quick squeeze all you can hear is a few loud popping sounds before the frog goes completely limp. Dead. He turns around facing his companion as its voice starts to echo through his head.
Mmmm..awww man. Tastes just like candy. It can't fill you up a bit it sure, but it really will hit that spot..and you never want just one. Y'know I thi-

Forget it. Kelric cuts him off quickly not in the mood to track down a frog in this weather anytime soon. He turns and starts to examine the corners to see if there are any good spots left for him to sit. He simply drops the corpse of the frog at his side. Spotting a bar maid's path leading her right to him he waits for her to pass wrapping his arms about her waist for a quick hug when he's really just wiping his hands off. A little surprised by how sudden the hug was she feints a smile before quickly walking away. He turns his attention back to looking for a decent place to sit.
"Hell..you might just get a full meal if you're lucky.."

Last edited by Kelric Valas; 12-05-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:49 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

The necromancer had entered the tavern, not for the company of others, nor for the pitiful menu they offered. Instead, her voice rang out to the far corners of the room…

”Ye there!”

Emerald eyes flashed in the hazy sunlight filtering through the grimy windows and her feet made their way straight for the dark corner. At first glance, the girl carried no weapons – only a simple silver bracelet adorned her left wrist. Her slight movements made the tiny silver bells upon the bracelet let out a faint chime that was barely audible by the people near her.

T’was the women from the night before, sitting there as if she naught a worry in the world.

Throwing her dark hair behind her shoulders, Q headed straight for the table… not even stopping when a resounding crash! sounded behind her.

That was, until a frog bounded between her legs, closely followed by Kelric who was darting past the tables and chairs on a close chase.

Quote:
"I'm going! That sucker isn't going to get away from me. It took me too damn long to find and catch that thing. Especially in this weather!"

Full crimson lips turned down in a frown and Q had to hop out of the way in effort not to be bulldozed by the baffling man.

Quote:
”Do ye always eat in public?” She said, now standing just a few feet behind Kelric. A hand lifted and rested upon her hips as she casted an annoyed glance at the two who were blocking her path.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Adventurer

The holy man taps his toes on the foot rest of the stool seeing as how he's too high up to touch the ground itself. He hears a resounding thud behind him a confirmation that it's drinky time. He turns his body halfway towards the counter drop a gold coin on its surface as he grabs the mug. He claps his hands around his mug taking a long drink feeling the warm liquid slip down his throat. He closes his eyes for a moment savoring the taste which god has presented to him.

"..Ahh..now that's what I'm talking about." Upon setting cup on the counter he forgets to wipe his face leaving a thick milk mustache on his face.

"Ye there!" The sudden phrase caught the man's attention turning his head to the interesting woman. Following her gaze he looks to the corner where a scarred up woman and a shady fellow seem to be sitting. As his mouth begins to open something flies past his face landing on the ground before him. A frog. It begins to hop away from him and towards impending doom. People's boots.
"Now now my little wart causing friend. Going that way could be some bad news! I'll save you!" Hopping off his stool he starts to walk towards the leisurely leaping amphibian. He's suddenly cut off by a man in a black Trench Coat..a unique piece of clothing for his eyes to see.

After seeing the man pick the frog up he releases a sigh of relief thinking it to be his frog. His palm becomes flat against his chest before he tilts his head down and closes his eyes saying a little prayer.

"Man. You're a slippery little thing but I finally caught you. You almost actually got away from me! Hahahaha." Kelric's acrimonious voice and laugh cuts through most of the patron's small conversations.

Raising his head he smiles to see such an interesting bond between humans and animals. He takes another step towards the curious man ready to put a hand on his back when he peers over his shoulder. "Thank the heavens I though he was goi-"

With a quick squeeze all you can hear is a few loud popping sounds before the frog goes completely limp. Dead.

Instantly his hand becomes dead weight and swings back to his side. His jaw drops low stretching out his milk mustache giving it a more dramatic curve.
Hair raises on the back of his neck. The presence of a demon somewhere in the room is letting off a bone chilling vibe.
The blood starts to drain from his face as he simply watches the man wipe his hands on a woman walking by. Baffled the Priest simply can't speak at such a ruthless action.

Daerolith's eye twitches at the sentence having a strong feeling that a wraith is nearby and this is its conduit for soul consumption.

”Do ye always eat in public?” She said, now standing just a few feet behind Kelric. A hand lifted and rested upon her hips as she casted an annoyed glance at the two who were blocking her path.

Without even turning his head Daerolith knows who the speaker is. The woman that got his attention in the first place. He closes his eyes taking in deep breaths trying to calm himself down. How could she ask that so plainly? Doesn't she feel in the least bit that this man is a monster? How..I don't understand it..he killed that living being right in front of my very eyes and I couldn't do anything. I didn'tdo anything.

Opening his eyes he just simply stares at the man in front of him. "How could you do such a thing?! That was a poor defenseless creature that simply wanted to live its life in peace. You monster! While in mid sentence the frog was simply dropped to the floor. Immediately he moves between Q and Kelric picking up the frog's corpse looking at the man wiping his hands off on the woman.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:44 AM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

A stranger cut into view, making the girl let out a sigh of exasperation.

Must everyone block her path? She thought to herself, her hands still resting upon her waist. Stretching out her legs, Q stepped aside and stood to the side of this new stranger. Within his hands, cupped the frog’s corpse, as he stared at Kelric with disbelieving eyes.

”Tis just a frog Sir’rah,” Her voice was soft as she raised a hand over the frog, the bells upon her bracelet chiming softly. Drawing in a deep breath, her lashes fluttered closed and lightly, the girl allowed her hand touch the stranger as she let the whispers loose within her mind.

A light wisp of smoke appeared within the air, suspended from the ceiling like a grey pendent. Slowly, it unraveled down onto where the three of them stood, dancing around the cupped hands for a moment before disappearing within the cracks of her fingers. The air before the necromancer’s face rippled and her eyes flew open, revealing dark, green eyes that glittered as she lifted palm away.

The frog continued to lay in the man’s palms unmoving.

As the necromancer tilted her head down at the little body, a leg twitched and her breath caught. Slowly, her lips curled into a smile as her hand waved in the air…almost as if she was beckoning to the body. It shuddered and with jerky movements, the frog suddenly flopped itself belly-side down, facing the young girl.

Her smile blossomed.

”It worked” She breathed in disbelief, lowering her face to look at her creation sitting in the palm of the stranger. Even as she beamed at the frog, it coughed and a tremble went through its tiny body. Collapsing in a dead heap, the grey smoke exited the body once more and slowly disappeared into the ceiling.

Q straightened and gave the men a sheepish shrug.

”Or not…”