Dragon Tavern Forums
 

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 AM
adhs22's Avatar
adhs22 adhs22 is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia,Canberra
Posts: 107
Default

“Well… I got some ale.” Locolus clenched his teeth. Talerous was great! The mere mention of otherwise nearly sent Locolus over the edge. “Then where are these… wait a moment…fifteen to thirty thousand men” Locolus spat scathingly “And how come I haven’t heard of you?”

Truth be told, Locolus had heard of the infamous Orion Vryce and by the stories told by the hardened men in the barracks of the Mountains kingdoms, he wasn’t a man to cross with, but Locolus had now worked himself into a rage and no one was going to stop him… apart from maybe this guy.

Locolus raised his spear. “You won’t gain anything from my venture “sir”. But I can tell you this; you have got a lot to lose if you dare insult my father again.”

Grip shivered. If Locolus was going to pick a fight with these guys then she would defiantly like to stay out of it but bravado forced her to stay by his side. At the end of the little speech he had worked himself up on; Grip gave a loud cry and dug into the ground with her talons.

Locolus had obviously not expected that and gave a small jump but regained his composure before anyone could notice.
__________________
H:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Pictures\LoculusBanner2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-07-2009, 07:51 AM
7_lives_2_go's Avatar
7_lives_2_go 7_lives_2_go is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 693
Default

Touching the spear with his claymore he moved it aside and out of his way. “Lower your spear, I don’t need my legions to kill you.” Doing a full circle around him he shrugged with a sinister smile on his face. “Your father is great you say. Well from what I have heard he is a coward, a weakling, a disgrace to the so called Mountain Kingdom, but eh… I could be wrong, I guess.” Giving a chuckle he was baiting Lolocus to make a wrong move.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-08-2009, 08:18 AM
adhs22's Avatar
adhs22 adhs22 is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia,Canberra
Posts: 107
Default

“Your father is great you say. Well from what I have heard he is a coward, a weakling, a disgrace to the so called Mountain Kingdom, but eh… I could be wrong, I guess.”

Now that was below the girdle!

With a cry he pushed his spear forward and lunged for the man’s nose, very narrowly missing due to his claymore being slightly.
“Be buggered to ya.” Locolus yelled as he leapt to one side, his spear held wavering a few feet in front of Orion’s face. “Talerous could defeat you in his sleep and if you think otherwise…” he left the words from his mouth hanging and looked at Orion with steely intent, “well you just better hope that drake…s… of yours could stop me.”

Grip looked weakly at one man to the other. She just hoped that Orion would give up as she new Locolus would not. She had seen him like this before when a twelve year old bully said the same thing. Locolus put his spear through the boy’s leg. Then again… Locolus was about 7 years older at the time.
__________________
H:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Pictures\LoculusBanner2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
7_lives_2_go's Avatar
7_lives_2_go 7_lives_2_go is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 693
Default

Orion's face took on a sinister smile of sorts as the spear went pass his face. This Locolus as he was called had heart just like his father, a brave man he had meet many times over.

“well you just better hope that drake…s… of yours could stop me.”

"Lower your spear fool, I need no drake to kill you or even my blade for such a simple task. Killing is not just my job, but my whole life so I suggest you calm yourself." Pulling his claymore away from Locolus he swung it just before it was to far away from the spear. As he put the sword back on his back he watched the spear's tip fall to the ground. "I have meet your father many times and I know of his greatness, I just had to see if you were actually his son and from your temper I know you are."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-10-2009, 12:33 AM
adhs22's Avatar
adhs22 adhs22 is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia,Canberra
Posts: 107
Default

“…Oh,” Locolus looked at the spear tip in incomprehension, “well of coarse you were joking.”
Suddenly Locolus didn’t look so powerful. His shoulders slumped as he realise he had been made the fool of and the spear end didn’t even look sharp. In fact it was almost as if the claymore had grinded the end into a round knob. He looked up suddenly as he realised that this was not a bad thing.
“So that’s a yes is it? Why I always new you’d come around. Just this morning I woke up and thought ‘gee, something goods gonna happen today’ and now look. Well, I guess this was it. Say, do you feel like some ale? I know I do. Here take some. Don’t be modest. I… what the…” Locolus was busy pouring out his pint worth of ale when he heard a horn in the distance.
“um Grip… could you check that out?”
__________________
H:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Pictures\LoculusBanner2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-10-2009, 06:02 AM
7_lives_2_go's Avatar
7_lives_2_go 7_lives_2_go is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 693
Default

Smiling at the offered ale he handed it back. “I need water not ale, it’s not good when you are in the open and are drunk. You must keep your wits about you in goblinoids territory.” He knew what was going to come for them sooner or later, he knew that the goblins were going to go back to their cave and get their hobgoblin counterparts. Just the thought of their nasty seven feet height with there wart covered brown skin and their minor intelligences made his cringe. If it was not for having Shadow with him he would have already began to head back towards a town in hope of find safety.

Orion heard the horn as well, and from what he could tell it sounded so familiar, and than it hit him. “A war band, Mountain Kingdom soldiers are marching this way! There is no way I would get those horns wrong. Come we must get out of here, I’m a Deadlander and who knows how they will greet me.” Reaching his hand out he waited for Locolus to take it as a lift unto shadows back.
__________________

Last edited by 7_lives_2_go; 04-11-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-10-2009, 11:32 PM
adhs22's Avatar
adhs22 adhs22 is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia,Canberra
Posts: 107
Default

That’s right. He was sitting on a two headed drake. Not just any drake. THE drake, who had torn apart a goblin right before his eyes not five minutes ago. There was something reassuring in that fact. Not that he would cherish the moment. In fact he was already figuring out just how much alcohol he would need to consume to forget it. Was 11 bottles to much? Probably not.

“Alright, now where we goona go? And how we going to get Grip up here? Wait where is Grip? GRIP!” Locolus called out, utterly forgetting that he had sent her to check on the horn.

Grip swooped down towards the clearing that she had found. Making sure she could not be seen, she spied out the 12 soldiers on the ground. They were obviously kin of her former master Talerous. But there was something strange about there party. They held between them a cage. And in that cage was a… demon.

Best not to tell Locolus. He could not be trusted when it came to demons. He would just end up getting himself killed while trying to steal the cage. Yea… best not to tell him.
__________________
H:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Pictures\LoculusBanner2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-16-2009, 08:11 PM
7_lives_2_go's Avatar
7_lives_2_go 7_lives_2_go is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 693
Default

With a snap of the reins shadow bolted away from the area, climbing up the small hill where he and Orion had been resting he continued in an east bound direction. Shadow moved gracefully over the land, seeming more to glide over the grass than to actually step on it.

The whole time Orion was focused on the group of troops that were not far behind, even though the nations were at peace for the moment he did not trust them enough. Even having troubles trusting Locolus he thought about pushing him off Shadow and leaving him to his own, but knowing that Locolus was Talerous’s son prevented him from doing so.

As they got further and further away from troops to were their horns blast was hardly heard Orion began to feel much safer. “We might as well head to Summer Vale, it’s a small town but it will have the supplies we will need to go hunting for these artifact you are hunting for”. Snapping the reins once more Orion steered Shadow to the southeast, towards Summer Vale.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-17-2009, 09:16 AM
adhs22's Avatar
adhs22 adhs22 is offline
Experienced Adventurer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia,Canberra
Posts: 107
Default

“Reins! Now that is ‘spiffy’! Is this real leather? I’m not doing anything wrong am I? Does it hurt him if I do this? Sorry I wasn't listening…” Locolus turned and looked at his new found companion. Somewhere through his rant (Locolus thought that if this quest was going to go anywhere then Orion would have to stop talking so much. The man was a menace!) Locolus had caught the words “…to Summer Vale,…” and ”…artifact you are hunting for…”.
“It’s in Summer Vale! Oh why didn’t you say so? Blooming agents and there dodgy information. If I ever find that man...or woman… It was kinda hard to tell with the mask on… ill wring his filthy…” it was then that Locolus remembered the surprisingly sharp knife and his bravado was flattened into incoherent mumbling and splutters.
Suddenly Locolus felt quite queasy. His flights with Grip weren’t so bumpy. Even when she drank!
“Ehhh… can we go a little slower?”
A Teeth-clenching screech was heard in the distance. It was obviously Goblin but was strangely beast-like.
“FASTER! FASTER!”
__________________
H:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Pictures\LoculusBanner2.jpg

Last edited by adhs22; 04-17-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Style by: vbskinpixel.com