Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > General Chat

Old 05-23-2010, 05:37 AM
Adventurer

Yeah it's the lucky ring for xp gain for some immortals, but i was originally hypothesizing about the (your fame grows) from guild membership which gives xp and would be similar to the demi-god's powers. But that's just speculation.

Anyhow, i do hope they stack. However, i don't want them to share the same roll. More rolls means more chances of avoiding a very unlucky streak like getting only 3 in with 20+ taken despite decent chances.

Really unfortunate though that i only play 1 character and it can't access the elemental.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Ah. My mistake.

It depends. If the extra exp is like the Guild Membership, then I would think they would be seperate rolls.

If it's just a bonus to xp, then it'll probably just stack with the other, similar things.

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Kelric Valas Send a message via Yahoo to Kelric Valas Send a message via Skype™ to Kelric Valas

I think the Immortality idea is a good one, and it`s creating some buzz all around, but dont you think they`re doing "Immortal" paths too soon? I would rather see them throw in new class-orientated tiers. Hell..maybe even mix some and multi-class. Y`know, that sort of stuff. They could have gotten to Immortality..eventually.

I`m glad to see that they`re making this.."expansion" as they called it. Truly. It`s awesome to see that they`re doing well enough to put something like this together, but I have to say something.

Deadlands = Lich and Shadelord? (C`mon..really?)

Mountain Kingdom = Primal [like nature..] and Elemental?[ Is nature..] (Totally never would have expected these classes to be Mountain Kingdom Required. >.>)

Steel Empire = Avatar and Chosen? (A little more creative, since I know it could be tough thinking of classes for Steelies)

Non-Specific = Demigod, Dragonsoul, Celestial, Abyss, Timelord, and Vampire? (Good mixture of aspects, I must say.)

Now here is what bugs me. I know they`re doing a good job with these paths so far, and I know the class specifics are..well..staying true to their region.

But cant we get a better Melee orientated class for the Deadlanders/Non-Specific.Though I understand they love Arcane magics and the like, but if you read the Bard`s Tale at all you`ll see that most of the RPers we`ve had/have are very Melee heavy. Hell..even QTChi uses her sword and teeth more than her Necromancy..

When I look at the big list I just see Caster, Caster, Caster, a guy who sucks, Caster, and someone who is going to scratch my eyes out. Aaah! damn you walking lizard! Heh. Melee is essential to combat, and I know being an Immortal would mean that you`d be able to work that magic even faster within combat, and be even more powerful with it. Cool. I like it. What about us folks that slink in the shadows and use our swords like an extension of our bodies?

I just don`t see a prideful warrior, or a sly assassin suddenly moving down a path of Casty McCasters. Get me?

Old 05-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Immortal Q&A
23 May, 2010

Here's some answers to the questions asked in forums recently about Immortals. Keep posting if you have questions, as we do read the boards and try to answer anything that sounds like a reasonable question (without giving too much away before we launch).

Can I change my immortal path?
No, once it's chosen, it's locked in for good. Choose wisely!

Can you pick a path from a realm other than your own?
No, you can only pick from the common paths open to all, and your own realm. You'd hardly expect the Emperor to allow some War Master to become his Avatar afterall!

Does re-morting cost credits?
Nope! Free for everyone, provided you're at the required level to start.

Can Hardcore characters re-mort?
At this time, no. We'll evaluate this, however there are certain issues with this we'd have to come to a good compromise before we allow it.

Can i change my class when I remort?
No, your original class and realm is the same.

What happens with my skills I selected prior to remorting?
When you level up again, you get to re-allocate your skill points as you gain them due to leveling up. There's also an immortal power which may give you a bunch of free skills when you start out... oh oh did I just give something out I shouldn't have? Doh!

Will there be any remort-only content in future?
For starters, no. But we have some ideas for implementing some immortal only content down the line should it prove to be as popular as we hope! First things first though, we just need to see how it plays out.

Was that picture in the interview we did a while back related to remorting?
No, that was for the next major upgrade we have planned after remorting goes live and has a chance to settle in nicely. We won't be saying any more on this for a while.

Do I get to keep my titles across remorts?
Yes! And any counts for numbers of wounds and gold earned, etc, continue across remorts, so if you're half way to earning a new title, fear not!
Some more info
Old 05-24-2010, 02:54 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Some of the regional ones - like the Deadlands - are caster-heavy. But not all - at least, I don't think they do.

Demi-God is more melee than caster.

Vampire kind of fits the assasin more than the caster.

Celestial and Abyssal depend. On the one side, you do have blasting with magic. On the other hand, the traditional picture of an angel often shows them with a sword. Devils are also known for slyness - perfect for the assassin or theif in a way.

I think it's all in how you envision the Paths. Some do seem more Caster-y than others, but I think it's all in how you want to skin them.

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 05-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Adventurer

Just something that occured to me, but will XP debt be carried over as well? I should hope not... my Reaver file is gaining dept faster than I can remove it... but after remorting I suppose I'd be able to pay it off in time.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Hadgi

It seems to me..from a RP standpoint at least, the two Steel Empire immortal classes are directed towards the two great pillars of Steel Empire society..Faith, and, well..science.

The more religious and faithful types would be more inclined to go towards the Avatar route, as becoming one with the Emperor is simple enough anyway...devotion would come easy to someone of great faith. Zealots, Acolytes, etc.

Fr the more Scientifically inclined, the chosen route would seem a good fit, as immortality is obtained with transfusions, and rituals.. something those of a scientific mindset would better understand, Sanctioned Alchemists, Outcast Engineers, etc.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via MSN to Sandsfire

I have a few Characters who are at the required levels.. im looking forward to trying it.. it s/be fun :P the Chosen a Dragon maybe or Vampire..
Old 05-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:

Immortal Path Preview 7
30 May, 2010

In our final Immortal Path preview, we take a look at two of the stranger paths available to high level characters.

Planeswalker
Skimming through the multiverse sound like your cup of tea (or mug of beer)? Tearing open portals from far away places to move about sound like more fun than walking or riding? Then the Planeswalker is the Path for you! These beings are a strange mix of travelers, famous for recounting tales around the tavern for their exploits and adventures anywhere and everywhere. Their mastery over dimensional flux allows them to exist in a state of quasi suspended animation, no longer allowing time to flow through them, or so they say.

The Planeswalker knows a lot of shortcuts to places, and this means they're the most efficient of all adventurers when it comes to using AP. They gain an increasing chance to refund their AP each time it's spent on exploration. They are also rumored to know more than a few tricks when it comes to saving themselves from difficult battles..

Ascended
All life is a journey, but unlike most people, for the Ascended it's more than a single journey. Each time the Ascended remorts, they are reborn into a new body, getting closer and closer to the physical and spiritual perfection that they've undertaken as a task to master. They seek a higher plane of existence, along their own morality and ethos, whatever that may be. Some would compare them to gods, while others would say they transcend the whole concept.

Ascended are all about attaining perfection, and with this in mind, they are granted the simple but extremely powerful ability to pick their own fates, though sheer force of will. The Ascended will find themselves occasionally rollings two, possibly three times during combat, and picking the best result for the situation automatically.

Well there you have it, all the Paths have now been revealed! Don't forget to stop by our forums and put your questions there, and we'll pick the best ones to answer mid week, when we reveal some of the powers you can pick during the remort process. Did someone say Death Aura?

To the Archives
The next one
Old 05-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Adventurer

Mwouhahaha! Can't wait to see that live! I already chose the paths for my 3 characters. I hope I'll get kewl skills with those paths but RP > L33tness, so I already made up my mind.