Dragon Tavern Forums

Old 03-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Adventurer

Default Quests

It would be cool if there were quests available in the game. Quests could come in a few forms:
* Kill a certain number of mob types
* Kill a certain boss
* Kill a mob 'x' levels higher than you
* Loot a specific item
* Loot a collection of items from various mobs
* Gain access to a specific quest sub-location or elite area and clear out all mobs

Rewards could come in various forms:
* Titles
* Gold
* Experience
* AP
* Credits
* Gear
* Open access special Immortal Powers or Skills
* Immortal Skill points
Old 03-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Default Great idea

That is great idea. It would be so much fun with good quests, you can even make some story quest line or tutorial quest line. I know that it will take a lot of time to make good quests, but we have community here to help design something. I think that many people from bards table would like to help write down some story quests if DT staff ask them.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Experienced Adventurer

that would certanly enhance gameplay to a point, but what if dragon tavern had a new tye of graphics engine to go with the quests and a chat system.
Eclipsus (might delete this one soon)
Old 04-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okion12 View Post
that would certanly enhance gameplay to a point, but what if dragon tavern had a new tye of graphics engine to go with the quests and a chat system.
Or what if we added a real time command line driven interface and gave a larger command queue to paying customers. Everything is imitation and when we are lucky evolution. Remorting has been in Asian market MMO's for years before added in DT. But it was still a great feature when adapted in an interesting and meaningful way.

I think what makes the idea of quests in DT interesting is that it gives an opportunity to people that want to spend a few extra minutes every day making choices in the game. I really enjoy DT, but to a large extent every decision I make is preestablished based on my statistical analysis on the value of known options. Each time the game changes (such as with remorts), I recalculate my math. Unless something changes again, all of my choices are predetermined. In fact, I could probably write a script to play DT for me as I believe I've been playing long enough to define every decision tree that I use.

Now that being said, quests do not have to be what is implemented to achieve this. I would be interested in anything that allows me to make a few extra choices each sitting. My idea is, if there are enough choices that could be made, it might make my decision tree too complex for me to know that I made the best choice possible given known probability. This translates to me as a more interesting gaming experience.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Seek out 10 giant limbs.
25% chance to drop from any elite giant.

etc.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Adventurer

Yeah, I definitely think quests are a good idea too, would add some extra flavor to it.