Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > General Chat

Old 06-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Lightbulb DTRAP - DragonTavernRapidAutoPlay script

Description

This is a script that will automatically Explore a location for you.

In the last weeks I get caught with 250 AP to play (x3) and it's at that moment that I got the idea of having a script that would help me play a bit faster. Usually, playing my daily 25 AP is not a problem.

A friend of mine coded a great utility with GreaseMonkey so I said to myself that I should ask him to take a look at DT (we have a new player!), that it would be very easy for him to do and I also wanted to learn how to program at the same time (I already have an old background but needed to be refreshed on this) so I asked him to start the script and like I thought, it was pretty simple (for him, that is).

When I 1st had the idea I thought I would then be able to go far into improving the script adding lots of stuff but after testing the basic version I said that it was perfect for me like this.

How it works

Requirements: runs on Firefox with GreaseMonkey plugin installed.

Will (E)xplore a location until emcumberance > 90%, or, wounded more than 60% of maxWounds, then return to (T)avern. You can then take a look at all the items and gold found.

If a location is fully explored, it will wait for your next (E)xploration command before continuing.

CAUTION: just like when you usually play, you CAN get killed in a single fight so the script won't help you here. Not recommanded for HC players.

Click
here to install (GreaseMonkey must be running)

What's next?

Well, it's already doing what I was looking for so I don't plan to improve it that much even though GreaseMonkey is pretty powerful so almost anything can be done.

Feel free to edit and improve but please keep original credits.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Adventurer

Wow, I was actually thinking of doing this (and how I would accomplish this) a couple days ago.

I'll test it out a bit. Thank your friend for me. =)

EDIT: After testing, it's pretty nice. Might be a good idea to have it throw in a sort of GUI though. Just enough to turn it on or off as needed without having to disable the script. Otherwise, it's an impressive script and runs almost too fast. =P

Last edited by Nyaar; 06-18-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyaar View Post
EDIT: After testing, it's pretty nice. Might be a good idea to have it throw in a sort of GUI though. Just enough to turn it on or off as needed without having to disable the script.
Sorry didn't knew you replied because you edited the message, thus was not seeing new post to this thread.

When I don't want to use it, I turn GM off... but maybe you have some other utility scripts you would like to be running at the same time so I agree that a detection when entering DT should be added then ask if someone want to use DTRAP or not for that visit.

I would have to ask my friend but since only you and I are using it from time to time, I don't think I will bother with that. :-)
Old 07-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Experienced Adventurer

It works very well. Quite fun !

I do not use Firefox much because it loads slower than IE on my netbook but I value the scripts.

Seems to speed up the process of exploring considerably as the refresh rate is much faster than waiting for the full page to load.

Well done, and thanks for making a decent script.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:08 AM
Adventurer

a neat little script to save a lot of time and clicks.
nice work and thanks for sharing!

it already does exactly what i was looking for, but if anything were to be changed, i'd second the idea of adding a simple interface, maybe with the option of finetuning wound/encumberance (easy enough changing it in the script, just for convenience sake and for those not scripting savvy
Old 07-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Experienced Adventurer

That seems rather rigid.

Perhaps it'd be better to:
E: Explore
T: Return to Tavern
A: Auto explore, return at X% etc.

So you can still use the hotkeys to explore if you so desire.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Experienced Adventurer

I have no idea how to add a GUI, thus I would need to read the manual I guess and I don't have enough time lately... This was supposed to be a project to learn how to do a simple script but my friend have done all the work so I only took a look into it to better understand how it was working.

bbr: the script currently read incoming HTML in which the next explore URL is and simply jump there if no other condition interrupt it. It does not send a keypress. But I'm sure it would be possible to modify it to execute only when A is pressed.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Experienced Adventurer

The biggest problem I have is that I have GMonkey running and the script installed, but it is not working for its task, so to solve this I have to visit the forum thread and reinstall the script.

Troubleshooting here for some help ? Plz..
Old 07-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Experienced Adventurer

hmmm... weird. I cannot help. Are you running the lastest Greasemonkey version? I would guess so since Firefox keep checking everything for us and notify us when an upgrade is available, unless you disabled that.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Experienced Adventurer

I downloaded GMonkey when I first read the post and just clicked .Help.Check for Updates in Firefox. I cant think of anything either, but its not such a big deal. I just visit the forums more often

EDIT:Now that I am recently using Firefox more often there does not seem to be the problem I explained before. Although it was updated to the latest Firefox version before, I suspect numerous "inside" updates (due to a more frequent use of FireFox) recongnised the fault and fixed it. Or something like that :P Hope that feedback helps

I'll try and edit the edit for grammar later ***yawns***

Last edited by StarDebut; 09-02-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Tags
script