Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 02-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Adventurer

Default and the verdict is...

btw...I believe I told most of you several months ago that my wife was pregnant...and so a couple of weeks ago we found out that we are having a GIRL.

yay for technology! I can`t imagine why anyone would NOT want to know ahead of time.

But anyway, thought I`d share since it`s about the best news I`ve had in a long time.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Wyeel you can have a zombie pop out of the sewers and eat him for all I care, just if you have him killed make it a good read. You know blood and guts everywhere.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:21 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
btw...I believe I told most of you several months ago that my wife was pregnant...and so a couple of weeks ago we found out that we are having a GIRL.

yay for technology! I can`t imagine why anyone would NOT want to know ahead of time.

But anyway, thought I`d share since it`s about the best news I`ve had in a long time.

CONGRATULATIONS!

~ Qtchi's Profile ~
Old 02-17-2009, 04:08 AM
Experienced Adventurer

A GAL! WOOHOO!

Erm, alright then 7l2g, about my PM earlier, well you see... I just realised something...
If you suddenly pop up in Telethos again with the same character name and all... it would seriously mess the story up... unless, you don't mind if I orchestrate your erm... intro...
I dunno, what do you think?

Btw, don't mistake the seemingly sudden change in emotion as being sarcastic, I was just trying to save on posts >.<

Character Profiles: Lysiris Farandir & Iridris Farandir
Old 02-18-2009, 02:57 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Kelric Valas Send a message via Yahoo to Kelric Valas Send a message via Skype™ to Kelric Valas

Y'know when writing the next and TERRIBLE post of Assault On The Prime Minister I realized something. I'm not sure what Kelric is wearing is considered an actual trench coat. When typing it I got the mental representation of a classic trench coat for the first time making it seem a little more misleading.

I..don't know exactly what it's called. My first thought that comes to mind is Trench Coat..like an altered form, but I'm not sure.

The upper part looks like a Jerkin/doublet, but the bottom length isn't straight down like a trench coat. The bottoms only cover like half of each leg, and all of the back of the legs..if that makes sense. So there'd be a sizable gap revealing some/most of the legs, but when it gets higher up to toward the hips you'd have to pull them back to reveal your swords..makes sense?

Lol sorry if this is confusing as hell. I'm trying to figure out how to word it, but I can't find the words. I don't know if this has a special name or it's just a different form of a Trench coat. Kinda reminds me of the Trench Coat Neo wore in the Matrix movies, but the split down the front of the legs is noticeably larger and doesn't conceal the legs fully.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:54 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Hey guys! whats going on?

http://jevolin.deviantart.com/
Old 02-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric Valas View Post
Y'know when writing the next and TERRIBLE post of Assault On The Prime Minister I realized something. I'm not sure what Kelric is wearing is considered an actual trench coat. When typing it I got the mental representation of a classic trench coat for the first time making it seem a little more misleading.

I..don't know exactly what it's called. My first thought that comes to mind is Trench Coat..like an altered form, but I'm not sure.

The upper part looks like a Jerkin/doublet, but the bottom length isn't straight down like a trench coat. The bottoms only cover like half of each leg, and all of the back of the legs..if that makes sense. So there'd be a sizable gap revealing some/most of the legs, but when it gets higher up to toward the hips you'd have to pull them back to reveal your swords..makes sense?

Lol sorry if this is confusing as hell. I'm trying to figure out how to word it, but I can't find the words. I don't know if this has a special name or it's just a different form of a Trench coat. Kinda reminds me of the Trench Coat Neo wore in the Matrix movies, but the split down the front of the legs is noticeably larger and doesn't conceal the legs fully.
Ah know what you are describing, but don't know what it is called either. Something that was worn about 200 odd years ago?
Be awarned, least THEY appear
----------------------------------
To take thee to account, for thou current deeds
Old 02-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Well Kelric I found a anwser to your problem. What your are thinking of is called a surcoat that instead of having the flap (used for lack of better word) in the fron and back are on the side. However I have not been able to find a precise name for the kind that have them on the side.

I hope that help somewhat however.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Kelric Valas Send a message via Yahoo to Kelric Valas Send a message via Skype™ to Kelric Valas

I'll look into it when I have the time. Thanks a lot, Orion. Also. I wanted to point out in your character profile under your Personality you put:

"Personality: Orion is a kind and caring man who takes an interest in preserving the natural beauty of things. "

Lol. I believe it's supposed to be Angrod. A common mistake when someone makes a new character, but they're so used to Rping another. Lol

I also noticed you..weren't really sure with how you wanted to classify your character. Instead of Skyguard I'd go with Cavalier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Tavern
To be the embodiment of the knight in shining armor is what the Cavalier strives for, at least verbally, if not in deed. The truth is, these are the mighty armor plated warrior nobles who lead the rabble into battle with lance and sword, on the mightiest steed with the best armor. One does not rise in the ranks of Cavalier without seeing more than their fair share of battles, and often the Cavalier is never truly considered accepted until they have been badly wounded at least once in their career, as a sign of devotion to the cause.

The Cavaliers are from a number of knightly orders, all swearing unwavering support to the God Emperor and to uphold the ideal of humanities superiority over all. Their skill in combat is highly regarded, and many a foe who thought that dismounting a Cavalier would give them a significant advantage usually has a rather violent realization shortly after. Mighty blessed weapons are granted to the most devout and proven warriors (after a suitable donation of course) and all who wield them are highly regarded socially.
And excellent job on the Surcoat. Best representation I've sound thus far is

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2.../raven1med.jpg

Just like that with an extra large hood and it's black.

Way to go, Orion. =)

Last edited by Kelric Valas; 02-18-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Looks promising Orion. Though I'm not sure a child of a 2nd lieutanant would be considered 'noble'. Then again, it depends how high up you rank that rank... haha, but no matter, it's not important. =)

That's a surcoat? Oh well, I guess so... though there's another meaning for it methinks. Surcoat could also mean the shirt like thing a knight wears over his armour to show off his insigna, crest or whatever. Think it'd reach to the knees and is belted at the waist.

...and it's split at the sides, not front.

Character Profiles: Lysiris Farandir & Iridris Farandir

Last edited by Wyeel; 02-18-2009 at 12:34 PM.