Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Rookie Advice

Old 08-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Adventurer

Question No visuals

When I singed up for this game I was Kind of expecting something along the line of Adventure Quest-like games. Or some sort of visuals of character Types and Classes at the very least.

So, without that, how do we know what everyone looks like? I have never seen a Moon Elf before, what are they? To me, the few details we fill out in making our characters doesn't really help. I have a good imagination, but I need more to go on than hair style and body tattoos.

Is there a character archive somewhere that does have pics?

-Above banner made by me-
Old 08-24-2010, 02:51 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Oh, my. Two days passed and no answers to such a simple question? These forums really have fallen by the wayside since my departure. I'll have to do something about that.

Regardless, no, there isn't much in the way of visuals to this game. It's the Dragonlance of browser games. AdventureQuest is the Bleach.

This is a sworded bunny. For every sworded bunny in the world, one regular bunny is defeated. If we get enough sworded bunnies on the internet, we can stop bunnies insidious plot for world domination.

- (\__/)
- (='.'=)==l--
- (")_(")

SWORDED!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWitch View Post
When I singed up for this game I was Kind of expecting something along the line of Adventure Quest-like games. Or some sort of visuals of character Types and Classes at the very least.

So, without that, how do we know what everyone looks like? I have never seen a Moon Elf before, what are they? To me, the few details we fill out in making our characters doesn't really help. I have a good imagination, but I need more to go on than hair style and body tattoos.

Is there a character archive somewhere that does have pics?
I can only speak for myself, but if you enjoy reading, perhaps have played roleplay games in their pen and paper format, a table top wargammer or have enjoyed lone wolf or steve jackson "choose your fate" roleplay books.... then you will find Dragon Tavern a fun and enjoyable game.

have you ever tried to google moon elf. I am pretty sure its an elf which wonders around below the moon. But you're on the right path and using the forums to discuss ideas, creations, appearances and role play further is the best place to be. imho

Also you may come across things that you do not have the foggiest what they are, just isnt life like this??

** I think one of the premises of pen and paper rpg and games like this is that you take a pure form of First person perspective. **

Last edited by StarDebut; 08-25-2010 at 11:25 AM.