Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 07-25-2008, 03:58 AM
Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Hadgi
Default Question on Zealots

I've been debating writing my own little RP story. however, I am having a hard time figuring out how Zealots fit into the empire. I'm figuring they must be a religious order sanctioned by the empire. however, are they like...a secret society? how is there rank structure formed? any thoughts as to help me out? thx
Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Adventurer

Here is the description from the character page:

The Zealot is more a title bestowed rather than trained for. At the head of every frothing mob of villagers, a Zealot will be found leading the pack, hunting witches, demons, heretics, or people who just about to have a really bad day for a variety of reasons. The cause though, is what matters to the Zealot. Their hunt for threats to the Empire is essential to their continued survival, and indeed it was the Zealots who bore the brunt of the violence in the Heretic purge, which they claim as a badge of honor, and take all opportunities to remind everyone about.

Zealots themselves may not be the most powerful individuals, however never underestimate the power of a horde of salivating peasants wielding torches and pitch forks. Zealots of significant reputation tend to attract equally zealous warriors to their banner sooner or later, and the movement shows no sign of diminishing any time soon, given the Emperor's seemingly open blessing for the Zealots to act with impunity to clense the land of heretics.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Zealots, in effect, have no official order at all, apparently. In my stories, they're just anyone who riles up a bunch of local farmers into hunting down a "heretic." Some would become famous for their ability to create massive armies of peasants, but I don't think there is an official rank structure. Most of the classes don't really have ranks so much as just titles.

This is a sworded bunny. For every sworded bunny in the world, one regular bunny is defeated. If we get enough sworded bunnies on the internet, we can stop bunnies insidious plot for world domination.

- (\__/)
- (='.'=)==l--
- (")_(")

SWORDED!