Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 07-27-2008, 04:16 AM
Experienced Adventurer

I'm assuming you mean both the Mountain and Deadlands? If so, it's because I don't like the idea of just members of one group working for a common goal, so I put them together to combine multiple strengths and weakness' and I'm not really a fan of the Steel Empires classes, so I failed to make some for them.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Default The Leaders

Ok, now that I have that I have all this done, my next part will actually be fairly interesting. I swear :P Still, you all know I love opinions. TRUE opinions. Critique away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lighting was perfect for a coup, so it was almost unfortunate that that's what they were all only thinking. A dark, half-deserted inn located in the middle of a rundown town. DC Kain, The Widowkeeper, Werdla Dinii, and Adenn Batnor sat around a table in the corner of the tavern. It didn’t compare to The Dragon Tavern, but it served they’re purposes. The four got some odd glances, but were given a wide berth.

Adenn spoke first.

“This is crazy man, crazy! I knew what I was in for when I started this operation, but Kote is going too far!” The Berserker had his standard six Ale’s on the table, and was with a steadiness that was almost laughable.

“Patience. Let’s see how this plays out. The man may be a megalomaniacal madman, but he IS good to those who’s loyal to him” The words were spoken by the second-in-command of sorts of Kote’s, DC Kain. An Infiltrator of high regard, his motto was ‘a fool and his live are soon separated. And I can take his gold.’

“But have you seen the amount of destruction he brings? I mean, none of us could get to him for a kill, but if anything I could launch an arrow at a ‘foe next to him’ and if I failed I’d have an excuse” Werdla Dinii, the sniper of the group, he was a Moon Elf Ranger, and his speed and accuracy were among legend with his kind.

“My turn I guess.” The usually silent Widowkeeper spoke up now. “And you know he would know you were lying Weird One. Your accuracy never varies. Even on a bad day. But I’m with DC on this one. We should just wait it out.” The Black Seer got stares from his counterparts. His silent personality went well with his job of blowing souls past oblivion. Something that made the rest of them nervous.

“You know, I don’t think you’ve said that many words in your life.” DC said, stare still fixed on the Mage.

“I have too. Just never within a week of each other.” That caused for a chuckle among the table.

“You know he wants us to go see him now right?” Werdla spoke with a frustration that mirrored what they all felt.

They sighed, standing up almost simultaneously. The reaction was one that made DC smile. The entire inn went quiet, people in they’re path to the door moved almost instantly, and the bartender went for his crossbow, just in case there was trouble. The four of them moved quickly, talking among themselves until they walked outside. They came to a sudden halt as a realization crept over them. 15 cavaliers sat outside the Inn, they’re armor and weaponry suggesting a lack of training, and a hope that they could outplay they’re opponents through sheer numbers.

“Evening gents” DC spoke again, his tone cheery, covering the sudden sense of nervousness he obviously felt.” What brings you here?

The leader of the Cavaliers took a small step forward. “The Emperor has ordered your demise Mr. Or’Tal. Along with that of your…uhh…associates.”

Widow snorted but remained silent. DC flashed the Cavalier the charming smile that melted women’s hearts.

“Emperor my ass….it’s a random friggin loser.* The Cavaliers stood up straight and took notice of this remark from the Infiltrator.

“Hey! You meany!”

“Don’t you DARE talk about him that way!”

”You’ll be marked for that!” The Cavaliers yelled back at him.

“Ah….I apologize. He’s cool.” DC looked over at his companions after saying this. “What the hell am I saying?” In the middle of this last sentence, the four men jumped at the Cavaliers, catching them off guard. Four Cavaliers fell in the space of five seconds.

The rest of the Imperial Warriors fury grew, and they charged forward on their steeds and on foot. Werdla jumped backwards, firing shot after shot to incapacitate rather than kill. Adenn charged forward, a gravelly roar issuing from his throat. Widow surrounded himself in pure darkness, transporting into the mist of the Cavaliers to do as much damage as he could from inside. DC dived forward, blade in hand to dish out blows with the Leader.

“I’ve met your leader once before in a previous battle. Nice guy.” The Leader said. He rushed at DC, launching a vicious backhand blow. DC rolled, striking upwards by rolling between the mans legs. The Cavalier came down to his knees, but hit the ground for DC to overshot his next blow which he did. The Leader dropped his sword, dropping his sword and grabbing DC’s arm, striking at certain points to shatter bone.

DC screamed, a sound that immediately alerted Werdla to his predicament. Before DC could blink, the pain was lifted, and the Leader was on the ground. A single arrow protruding from the eye socket of his helmet was the only clue as to his sudden demise. DC flashed a thanking smile to Werdla and continued his assault of the Cavaliers, arm aching from the almost-broken bones.

Within minutes, the action was over and the four heroes looked over the Imperial Guard with an obvious distaste. Night had yet to come yet, but light fell over the inn to suggest that if they did not move quickly, the darkness would come soon. The four men hastened their steps, moving quickly to arrive at the Graveyard where they were told to meet up with Kote.

None of them could begin to imagine, that they’re next actions could spark what would be the events that transpire to legend……
Old 08-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Meh, if someone could close this thread? It appears not to be worth reading so I'm not into writing anymore. Thankie =)
Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Really, your only major problem here is that you keep expecting us to know your characters as well as you do. Without so much as a physical description, it's incredibly hard to keep track of who's who. Besides, if you're not going to write anymore, just don't write. The thread will die of it's own accord eventually.

This is a sworded bunny. For every sworded bunny in the world, one regular bunny is defeated. If we get enough sworded bunnies on the internet, we can stop bunnies insidious plot for world domination.

- (\__/)
- (='.'=)==l--
- (")_(")

SWORDED!