Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Renovations and Reality Adjustments

Old 01-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Post Ideas to make DT more interesting

I've been talking to Damana Mathos about dragon tavern and the future of it because i'm curious and still like this game. our most recent conversation piece was about suggestions for the game. i mentioned maybe a chat system or some other way players/characters could be more social in ways besides competition groups. Perhaps characters could duel one another when they aren't adventuring....and a couple other things. but what this thread is about is what you guys think the game could use to make it more fun/interesting. so post your ideas here and maybe we could see more in the future.
Eclipsus (might delete this one soon)
Old 01-31-2017, 02:30 PM
Adventurer

PvP will kill DT for me... I gave up other online games because of that. In any case, to do PvP properly, the entire game would need overhauling as otherwise it would be purely random as there is no customisable gear or skill tree.

What perhaps would add to the interest would be some kind of one-off quest system which is automatically triggered at various points. However, again I think that would require too much developer time (but less than trying to graft PvP onto the game system). I'm thinking something like the current events but they're always there and only repeat after you remort.

Another thing that may be interesting is usable loot. Not necessarily actual equipment, but things that could be traded in at the various shops to enhance purchased equipment.

Last edited by Hwarin Dalthippa; 01-31-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:51 PM
Experienced Adventurer

pvp is pointless thanks to the crazy high xp rates some people have,. and time invested.

chat may be nice,. it'll be more active than the forum - possibly - but at the same time i suspect itll be just as dead pretty quickly.
at least on the forum you can see stuff days later and respond to it,. while the chat would just be a wasteland.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:41 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwarin Dalthippa View Post
PvP will kill DT for me... I gave up other online games because of that. In any case, to do PvP properly, the entire game would need overhauling as otherwise it would be purely random as there is no customisable gear or skill tree.

What perhaps would add to the interest would be some kind of one-off quest system which is automatically triggered at various points. However, again I think that would require too much developer time (but less than trying to graft PvP onto the game system). I'm thinking something like the current events but they're always there and only repeat after you remort.

Another thing that may be interesting is usable loot. Not necessarily actual equipment, but things that could be traded in at the various shops to enhance purchased equipment.
Usable loot and quests sounds like a MASSIVEly great idea.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:59 AM
Experienced Adventurer

How about elite versions of the non elite locations (skyclaw etc etc)
Old 02-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by okion12 View Post
How about elite versions of the non elite locations (skyclaw etc etc)
Rather pointless - you already have the sublocations. As I recall, the elite locations were introduced to stretch toons that were level 50+; hence you don't access them until then. Also, they offered guaranteed character credits which the regular locations didn't.

What may work better is more consumeables available via character credits; for example, purchasing the services of a mercenary for x days to add to your TSC, equipment enhancements to give temporary pluses to AR/DR (you visit the smithy to get your weapon sharpened or the armourer to polish your armour)... I find that now I've got all the advantages I need, the only thing I'm spending credits on is lodgings - extra APs aren't worth it because of having to spend on feeding the gee-gee on top.

Last edited by Hwarin Dalthippa; 02-03-2017 at 12:39 PM.