Dragon Tavern Forums
 

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Remeekus Remeekus is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: No Place Special, Just Out In The Middle Of The Boonies
Posts: 14
Send a message via MSN to Remeekus
Default Tavern Market

Since This Is Technically My Second Post( Dumb Me Thinking That -Closed- Meant It Was Long Done And Over With *Smacks Self In Face*) Have Decided To Start A New Thread. I Couldnt Think Of A Great Thread Name So I Just Chose This One Instead. Ill Be Adding More To This Later As Soon As Ive Figured Out What To Write It Again. It Will Be More Or Less The Same Thing But But Different Adventures. Anyways Enjoy...


You Step In From The Bright Chaos Of The Tavern Market And Allow Your Eyes A Moment To Adjust To The Dim Firelight Of The Dragon Tavern. At This Hour, The Tavern Is Empty, Save A Pair Of Shabbily Dressed Elves Mumbling Over A Game Of Mung Skull, An Elderly Dog Lapping At A Puddle Of Beer On The Floor, And A Well Armored Elf Ranger, Obscured By The Shadows Of The Room's Corner, An Untouched Mug Of Cider In Front Of Her. You Approach The Kahn And Sit Down...Her Name Is Lerecia...

Lerecia Is Eying The Dog With Suspicion As You Take A Seat. She Looks Up And Leans Back, Still Glancing Occasionally At The Thirsty Mutt. "We Have Received Multiple Reports Of A Sand Wyrm, Holed Up In A Abandoned Smithy, Just Outside Of Town. At Least Three Missing Townsfolk Have Been Tracked There. While We Have Yet To Be Able To Prove A Connection, Its Presence Makes Me Nervous. We Need It Taken Care Of. Quietly." She Places A Large Sack Of Ore On The Table. "As Per Our Usual Arrangement, You Will Receive This When The Job Is Complete."

Under The Cover Of Darkness, You Approach The Abandoned Smithy. An Accumulation Of Animal Bones Are Scattered Around The Entrance, The Stench Of Death Thick In The Air. You Come Across A Hallway, Lined With Carved Snarling Faces. You Take A Tentative Step Forward. As You Feel A Stone Tile Sink Beneath Your Foot, A Metal Shaft Flies From The Nearest Stone Face And Embeds Itself In The Stone, Inches From The Tip Of Your Nose. Looking Around, You Discover A Pile Of Skulls Nearby. You Chuck One Down The Hall And It Bounces Along, Setting Off A Whizzing Horizontal Rain Of Metal, While You Run, Just In Its Wake, And Make It Miraculously To The Other Side. You Enter The Sand Wyrm's Lair, To Find That You Have Arrived At Dinner Time And The Brute Is Busy Noisily Devouring Something Stinking And Red But Otherwise Unidentifiable.
The Sand Wyrm Turns And Sees You. With A Savage Screech, It Bolts Toward You, Frothing And Gibbering, And Leaps Into The Air. It Lands Before You Just As You Leap Out Of The Way, Weapon Drawn. The Sand Wyrm Circles You And In Flash Strikes Once Again, Allowing You The Opening You Need. You Bring Your Weapon Down At The Nape Of Its Neck And A Sand Wyrm Head Rolls Toward The Door.

On Your Return To The Dragon Tavern, Lerecia Grins As You Approach. "I Never Said It wWould Be A Clean Job. But, You Did Well. Here." She Sets The Bag Of Ore On The Table. "Come Back Soon. I'm Sure I'll Have Something Else For You."
__________________
[IMG][IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Remeekus Remeekus is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: No Place Special, Just Out In The Middle Of The Boonies
Posts: 14
Send a message via MSN to Remeekus
Wink Another one for yall to enjoy

You step in from the bright chaos of the Tavern Market and allow your eyes a moment to adjust to the dim firelight of the Dragon Tavern. At this hour, the tavern is empty, save a pair of shabbily dressed elves mumbling over a game of Rooski Wand Roulette, an elderly dog lapping at a puddle of beer on the floor, and well armored elf ranger, obscured by the shadows of the room's corner, an untouched mug of cider in front of her.
You approach the Kahn and sit down...

Lerecia sharpens her dagger with the end of a meager looking whet-stone. "I have another job for you," she mutters, "as usual, this is off of the record, meaning I can only pay you in coins. The Vile Necropedia has been discovered in a haunted catacomb near here. This powerful artifact has the ability to stop time, so it is imperative that it not fall into the wrong hands. You will have to move swiftly. We know that a group of Harkaan Exiles also know about the Vile Necropedia and are on their way to claim it as we speak."

On the outskirts of the Market you discover the haunted catacomb, but a pair of Batmen are arguing in front of the entrance. After a bit of hunting, you walk up to the Batmen, a grin on your face and a dead squirrel in your hands. "Hi," you say with a wave, " I thought I would bring you a snack." You drop the carcass in the mud between them and back off into the nearby shadows. The big one reaches down to retrieve the prize, but is stopped by the smaller. "Hey now... Who says you get this tender yum yum?" One minute later, you sneak into the haunted catacomb, behind the bloody, still brawling Batmen. The haunted catacomb is thick with the stench of decay. You move down a dank, crumbling hallway, past mold and skeletal remains. You catch a glimpse of what look like red eyes, flashing from a dark corner. A sudden gust of cold air hits you in the chest, causing all of the hair on your neck to stand up. Your vision is filled with the image of a young girl's face, expression frozen in a ghastly scream. As suddenly as she appeared, the vision is gone, leaving only a faint whisper, 'Go back...' in the air. You move on, deeper into the structure. Finally, you enter the chamber of the Vile Necropedia. It sits on a pedestal in the center of the room, surrounded by a pile of dead Harkaan Exiles. Weapon drawn, you make your way across the room. Just as you reach the first of the fallen Harkaan Exiles, a giant spider emerges from the shadows and howls. You grab the Vile Necropedia, turn and run from the room, as it begins to shake and crumble, sending huge chunks of rock crashing down around you. You charge toward the door, giant spider growling at your heels. As you reach the exit, an enormous boulder falls on the giant spider, destroying it with a sickening crunch.


Back at the Dragon Tavern, Lerecia sets a bag of coins on the table with a thud. "Good work. We'll make sure that the Vile Necropedia makes its way into the right hands. Come back soon. Its a hard world out there and I am sure I will have more work for you."
__________________
[IMG][IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-14-2009, 06:21 AM
Remeekus Remeekus is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: No Place Special, Just Out In The Middle Of The Boonies
Posts: 14
Send a message via MSN to Remeekus
Default

You walk along on the day of Sajukar, a holiday devoted entirely to the greatest merchant to have ever lived. Walking along you come across a flier advertising his latedst wares.

"Fresh off a tour of the globe, from the darkest jungles of Krakesh to the shining Daggerspine mountains, the Professor Sajukar has brought his collection of crazy curiosities, amazing artifacts, and wondrous weapons to the city of Tavern Market!
No, no! Put your gold away, it will do you no good here. Treasures this rare can only be traded for the resources of the natural world!"

Truly, Professor Lovejoy has an impressive variety of armaments for sale. As he refuses to accept gold for these items, you will need to somehow obtain something to trade.


Fortunately, a local elf hugs you tightly and makes a financial proposition: "I am involved in a feud with a gang of brownies. I want to send a message to them. Please stalk over to their base and trash their cellar. While you're there, be sure to play the accordion. That will really show them who's boss. Do this for me and I will reward you with coal."

You have to hug a few brownies to make it to the cellar and complete your task, which takes seemingly endless grumbling hours.
You return to the elf, who cartwheels and hands you a big bag of coal.




Additionally, if any of you have comments or questions please pm or message me. My MSN adress is on my profile so you can im me too.
__________________
[IMG][IMG]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Style by: vbskinpixel.com