Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Jibba Jabba

Old 12-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Adventurer

Default Dragon Tavern Comic

I'm considering making a very poorly drawn (in microsoft paint) comic to chronicle the exploits of a hardcore character. I haven't made the character yet so I am open to suggestions about what his race/class should be. Although I am leaning toward "solo" classes because I don't want to clutter up the cells with large groups all the time.

The basic idea is this: I'll keep track of everything that happens to the character (from adventuring to gambling), pick the best events, and put them into a 6 cell comic format. If the character dies I'll draw the details of his glorious death and he will remain deceased.

Thoughts? Feelings? Conjectures?
Old 12-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Experienced Adventurer

I hope that you'll be able to keep him alive past the first five or so levels... That's when Tilney met her end the most times.

As for class....

Steel Empire. Outcast Engineer (Org: Monstronsity) or a Cavalier (Org: Solo).

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 12-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Adventurer

Yeah, the more I think about it the more a Cavalier of The Steel Empire makes sense. I want to integrate some humor and I could easily exploit a Don Quixote theme. But I am also considering a Dwarven Berserker. A drunken dwarf rushing into battle has humorous potential as well.

As far as survival goes... I doubt I'll be playing the character seriously (pushing the limits to gain levels quickly). It'll probably be a slow leveling process with an exaggerated dramatization of what would normally be mundane events within the game itself. Think about it... with 25 AP how many creatures do you kill in a day? I'll only need to take note of a few of those kills so I doubt he'll ever be in mortal danger. And if he is... well I'll definitely make the wounds part of the story.

Edit: Upon further reflection I should maybe just write out an RP for the character as a baseline. Something easily translated into a comic format at a later time. I'm terrible at drawing with a mouse and I'd like to (eventually) get one of those USB sensor pads that allow you to draw with a pen.

Last edited by Zarkone; 12-29-2010 at 03:44 PM.