Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Braggart's Corner

Old 08-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Default Say goodbye to Hc Tony

Hc Tony, level 101 hardcore character died permanently. It is not my character, but anyway... He is now the highest ranking dead. I don't know how long he was there, but I think it is about 3 years. And all is gone forever...

And how he died? Unfortunately it was not in some heroic battle with super elite boss, but while fighting some ordinary monster... We can only wonder about it. Maybe it was some epic misfortune with 30 rolls with 75 and more? Or he was just too drunk and took wrong turn on his way back to Dragon Tavern? We will never know...

Rest in peace Hc Tony
Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Adventurer

Epic misfortune indeed was the cause of death - something like 24 wounds against a normal mob with ~50% success chance (got to love computer RNG seeding). Still, that is the nature of hardcore - something will get you in the end when you least expect it
Old 08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Experienced Adventurer

That is very unlucky indeed. That's why I always fight with only 55+ success chance and 30+ wound left. And I never go to elite sublocations until I have 65+. But it means to farm for equip in level 52 and that is really boring. It takes about month to farm for next upgrade there.