Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Rookie Advice

Old 12-13-2012, 10:35 PM
New Arrival

Question Thelonax Mishaps

I know that at my level I should have this stuff down pat, but I don't. I keep running into Thelonaxeses in the Underworld. I am just attempting to get back into the Temple of Filth, that way when I remort and get Legendary Hunter, I can go nuts on the Goos. But back on topic, I can't figure out what I need to upgrade Counter Skills-wise other than my wards. I think that when I get to Leg Hunt I will also bring ginger southern justice to the insect family. Any advice would be killer. Any deconstructive or constructive criticism will be accepted. Anything will be begged for. Please and thank you with a cherry on top and lotsa whipped cream (the good stuff, and not the off-white canned fluff).
Old 12-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Adventurer

If you are focusing on combat skills (over merchant skills), I would recommend spending your points to balance out your TOAD bonuses. For example, I put 3 points into my weak stat, 2 points into my normal stat, and 1 point into my strong stat. This results in having +6%/+5%/+5% SC. I would also recommend putting the four points into your refinement skills right away.

Once you have all your TOAD skills setup like this, you will have a minimum of a +24% SC to any battle. What I like about this setup is that I don't have to try to figure out where the best hunting grounds are for my character. I just move to the next sub-location that I find.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Experienced Adventurer

I agree with Knite - it's good to place the points into the Refinement skills. That general +1% per skill point is quite worth it. I personally continue to work on my Counter Skills until I max them, but I do start with my "weak" one (so if I have Wards, for instance, then I increase my Stealth-Counter Skill first, then Magic, then Physical. Remember that for your TOAD, Attack is paired with Defense, while Tactics/Organization are compared against itself). On the skill point screen, there is a box at the top that shows your overall comparison against each TOAD type. Use that to help determine which Counter Skills to buy.

Don't worry about looking for a sublocation to save for your re-mort. When you re-mort, you lose track of all the sublocations you found in your prior lives and you start fresh. (Re-morting is mostly like starting the character over again, except that you have nifty new powers and some extra skills to boost you.)

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial

Tags
counter skills, goo, insect, leg hunt, thelonax