Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > The Bards Table

Old 03-15-2009, 02:16 AM
Adventurer

Default Mischief and Mayhap at the Tavern {open RP}

OOC New OPEN RP which hopefully will allow all the Tavern regulars and newcomers a chance to exercise their talents in new and different ways, heres hoping it works.

Arn was in a foul mood, his latest quarry had escaped him, the little fop had actually gotten away from him, Arn decided to call it a night and head back to his room at the Dragon Tavern, not only was it a place he had come to call home,albeit temporarily, he actually found he was beginning to enjoy the comfort and safety, once again albeit temporarily, that it offered.

Removing his hood and stepping into the room, Arn was somewhat taken aback at how full the place was, fair enough the Tavern was nearly always bustling and the business was good, but tonight the place was nearly full, there was a bard playing and even to Arn's untrained ear the bard was quite talented, weaving his way through the crowd Arn managed to grab a barmaid and order a mug of ale, not usually a big drinker Arn decided he would allow himself a night to relax, finding a secluded corner that was not occupied by as many revellers as the rest of the Tavern Arn sat down and awaited his drink.

As was his habit Arn searched the room for any hidden enemies, there was nothing out of the ordinary to Arn's schooled eyes so he turned his attention to the bard's performance.

Arn was fully immersed in the song of a young woman and a orcish warrior's proclamation of undying love when the doors to the Tavern opened again and the young man Arn had earlier been hunting walked into the room with some hired muscle at his heels.
Xbox live gamertag Dbd Havok.

Last edited by Arn Wolven; 03-19-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:00 AM
Experienced Adventurer

The barmaid, eyes cast down, was busily wiping down the bar when the gleaming red and gold helmet was placed forcibly on the bar in front of her. Startled, she looked up to see a patron who, are far as she new, had not graced the tavern before.

“Ah, good evening” she said.

She looked the dwarf up and down for a moment, he smelt of damp earth and sulphur.

“Don’t think I’ve seen you in here before” said the barmaid with a generic smile, “what’s your name?”

The burly dwarf looked back for a moment, rubbed his bald head, and suddenly flashed his best forced smile.

“Aye lass, it’s been many years since I set foot in this Tavern. ‘Fore you were born I suspect”

The dwarf reached into his armour and pulled out a leather pouch that was tied around his neck. It jingled when he dropped it on the bar, spilling several gold coins.

“My names Chonatic Demorte, but please miss, just call me Chon” Chon picked up a few gold coins and handed them to the Barmaid, “Stoutheart Brew please, and keep ‘em coming. Its’ been an age since I tasted some decent kegmaster ale”

While the barmaid went to the back to retrieve his drink Chon looked around the bar. There were a lot of patrons in here tonight. Chon wasn’t use to crowds, quite the opposite in fact but nothing gave him any cause for alarm. The noise though was deafening to his dwarven ears, so used to the relative quiet of the wilderness.

The barmaid returned with not one but two flagons and placed them on the bar in front of Chon. He picked up the first and peered at the brew for a moment, the delicate froth, the tiny bubbles floating to the surface. He raised the flagon to his nose, taking in a huge whiff and leaving a moustache of white foam on top of his own sizable moustache. A huge grin spread across Chon’s face and his eyes glazed in anticipation.

With a sigh of satisfaction he downed the entire flagon in just a couple of gulps. He picked up the second and downed it nearly as quickly, slamming the empty flagon on the counter. The barmaid had moved over to some other patrons on the other side of the bar, so his next flagon would have to wait.

Chon then noticed a small group of men enter the tavern, a young man at the lead with a group of thuggish looking men in tow. Trouble, he thought to himself, always trouble when people get together and the drinks flow. Then an even more horrible thought occurred to him. He shot a worried look out the nearest window to the woods just beyond the taverns stables.

“By the great forge, don’t let ‘em start fighting” thought Chon, “they’ll wake up Ziggles”

Chon new he had to act quickly. He stood up and, being the cheapest drunk in the Mountain Kingdom, instantly lost his balance falling face first to the tavern floor with a huge crash and, unmoving, began to snore loudly.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Adventurer

The loud crash and then the extremely loud bellows of snoring snapped Arn out of his near trance-like state, berating himself for his lack of alertness Arn stretched himself and looked around.

Hardly believing his eyes Arn stared at the approaching form of the smart-mouthed individual he had been commissioned to kill, there were four thuggish looking men behind him and Arn knew that trouble might have found him again, Arn slid his hands to his swordbelt and was comforted by the familiar presence of his twin blades.

As the young man reached within arm's length of Arn's table he stopped and snapped a icy glare at Arn.

"You are the ruffian who dared to attack me, you obviously have no idea who i am or you would have never dreamed of trying to cause me any harm, as i recall you were eager for a fight, well this time i have the upper hand and more men so now we shall see just how good you really are".

With the proclomation out of the way the cocky aristocrat stepped back and the four men immediately took his place, all of them were built like small mountains and were armed to the teeth with assorted weapons, Arn was not to pleased about having his evening ruined once again, but he felt the usual thrill of conflict begin and he even managed a smile as he stood up slowly and gave each man a cold look that would have frozen an ice elemental in its tracks.

"Ok boys which one wants the first shot" Arn said with his usual calm demeanor but there was a hint of cockyness in his voice that he himself found suprising.

Waiting to see who stepped forward first or if the moving mountains decided to rush him all at once Arn began to hum along to the music the bard was still playing, even though he had never heard the song before.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:24 AM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi

The tavern door opened and a tiny waif of a girl, stepped through the entrance. At first glance, she seemed young, perhaps in her late teens, yet the shadows that haunted her eyes made the viewer pause and question their initial analysis. From behind, the sunlight streamed through the open doorway and caught upon the cloak she wore - its rays seemed to bring the colors to life.

T’was blue; deep and rich as the streams of water that ran along the forest paths outside Dragon Tavern. The colors flowed into and out of each other, revealing flashes of gold that embroidered its edges as its thick material wrapped around the girl’s frail frame, dwarfing her for a moment.

Then the tavern door swung shut and the light diminished.

The girl continued to stand still, yet her shadow was restless as light flickered down between the grimy windows. Her eyes quickly darted about the room, searching for any friends…or foes.

Full, red lips were visible just underneath the hood that shadowed her eyes. - eyes that studied the patrons carefully as her pale hands reached up, tossing her hood back to reveal her face. It was a young one, innocent almost, yet in the dim lighting, it was eerily bloodless. Underneath her translucent skin, the blue veins of the young girl was visible and her tongue darted out, wetting her lips as she tasted the tension mingled with the musty smells she was accustomed to tasting within taverns. There was a deep rumble and her eye’s widened with surprise…

Wos that…snoring?

The thought was quickly lost when the girl noted a man backing into her path. Instinctively, the young girl drew away, careful to keep distance between herself and that of the retreating back. Her eyes glanced at his four companions with suspicion, but the girl made no sound…unwilling to draw attention to herself.

As softly as she could, she slipped to one side, her feet carrying her towards the bar. Just as she passed the retreating man, however, something fell from her pockets. With a soft gasp, she shifted, reaching down as to catch it, but it bounced off the hard wooden floors and clattered out of reach…where it came to rest by the man’s feet.

T’was, at first glance, a rock.

Upon careful inspection, one could see the tiny spots of light like diamonds all around the smooth surface of the jewel. It was small, but the beauty gave away its value. A look of shock crossed her face, but was quickly smoothed away.

Slowly rising to her feet again, Qtchi turned and faced the aristocrat fully.

:: Animated Banner Designer - Click Image for My Work ::
Old 03-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Chon’s eyes snapped open as someone dropped what sounded like a rock onto the tavern floor. While others in the tavern would not have heard a thing, Chon, an earth sage of many years, could literally smell it. And it must be something rare indeed, as he could not identify what it was. Perhaps some type of jewel that even I haven’t come across before, he thought.

Chon forced his eyes open and rolled onto his back, blinking. A wooden ceiling, rafters, laughter, and the sound of music. With the taste of ale still fresh in his mouth, he struggled to gather his thoughts, momentarily forgetting about the unusual smell that had awoken him.

"mmhh, passed out on a tavern floor" he thought, a smile forming "it's been a while"

He shook his head and unsteadily rose to his feet. Many patrons were looking at him and most were doing their best to hold back their laughter. Squinting with one eye and swaying precariously, Chon turned to the barstool next to him and paused.

"What are you looking at?" he slurred angrily to the stool. The stool however, remained silent.

"Yeah, that's what I thought"

In the past, when suffering from effects of ale and the subsequent foul demeanor it stirred in him, he would usually start a fight with the next person (or bar stool) that caught his attention. Strangely however, Chon felt much calmer than usual. His attention was once again drawn to the group of men that had entered the bar. The four large men were now standing facing a man that he hadn’t noticed earlier. Chon knew there was something about this group that had caught his attention before but, cloudy as his mind was, couldn't quite remember what. The weedy looking man that had led the group in had now backed away from them and was face to face with a young girl. Chon paused– he stared intently at the girl for a brief moment, trying to read her intentions for he sensed that perhaps there was more to her than her frail appearance suggested. Unable to concentrate on such things for longer than the ale would allow, he turned his attention back to the main group.

Absent mindedly humming along to the tavern bard's music, Chon began walking, or more precisely staggering, towards them. As drunk as he was, part of chon told him to stay out of it, he had spent many years avoiding towns and taverns and, most importantly, people. The idea of getting involved with this group went against all his instincts, he came to the tavern for a drink and nothing more, yet he found he simply couldn't help himself.

Still humming, he circled around and was approaching the four large men from behind. They were so focused on the man they had come to see that they didn't notice the dwarf behind them. Chon noticed that the man they were addressing, while seemingly possessed of intense concentration directed at the four men, was humming along to the bard's song as well.

Chon had the element of surprise, he quickly brushed past the young man and the girl, both of whom seemed to have their attention focused on the floor, and thrust himself suddenly between the two men in the centre of the four, forcing his head and shoulders between their hips. Wrapping his arms around their waist, Chon, having totally misread the situation, looked around at the surprised men and with a mischievous grin yelled:

"I'll show you curs how it's meant to be done - no-one knows how to party like a dwarf!" and much to the astonishment of the whole group, and himself, he started singing along to the bards song at the top of his voice.

Last edited by Chon; 03-16-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Experienced Adventurer

(OOC: sorry if I am terrible at RPing, I still have much to learn about RPing.)

The door to the Tavern opened with a swoosh and standing there was a cloaked figure.
the cloaked figure took two steps in the Tavern and took off his cloak, revealing his long pointed ears, long flowing blond hair, a white cloth shirt, a brown cloth pants and black boots.
he held the cloak up in the air and looked upon it with disgust "I have been conned, this cloak doesn't make me feel mysterious. anyone may have it if they want it" he said, loud enough for the bar patrons to hear, then he dropped it on the floor and headed to one of the stools at the counter and seated himself on it.
the man who tended the counter approached him cleaning a cup with a rag "What can I get you?" "Moonwater" the bar tender goes to a back room where many barrels can be seen and returns with a jug and pours the liquid into a cup "Whats your name adventurer?" the bar tender asked, as he put the cup in front of the elf "My name is Silthian" the elf said, while dropping a small bag of money on the counter.
Silthian did a quick scan of his surroundings, adventurers, travelers, and all the sort where crowding this tavern.
what caught his attention was the annoying singing dwarf, and what seems to be torture for those two poor bar patrons that he had his arms around.
Silthian took a sip of his Moonwater and leaned back on the counter to watch the show that would probably turn into a Beat the dwarf up till he can no longer sing or dance show.

http://jevolin.deviantart.com/
Old 03-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Adventurer

Arn wasnt quite sure what to make of the sudden appearance of a Dwarf, the chap certainly could sing though, Arn had to admit to himself that there was a certain camaraderie already and he had only just met the Dwarf.

Arn didnt think anything was wrong with this scenario, already he was tapping his foot in time to the beat, and his humming was louder now, Arn had not even had a drink and he felt fantastic, the rest of the tavern was still bustling and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Arn crossed his arms and stilled his foot tapping when his eyes caught sight of the little fop who had sent the four hired muscle in to ruin his evening, the aristocrat was face to face with a young looking girl, Arn narrowed his eyes as he noticed the fop was stalking toward her, all warmth and gaiety left his eyes as the image before him was replaced with Tynes pretty face, Arn felt the familiar bloodlust building and he knew what would happen next, or so he thought...

Two of the men that the Dwarf had his arms round joined in with the singing, their voices oddly blending in with that of the Dwarf's, the other two men were at a loss, they didnt know if they should attack the Dwarf or their original target, as if by mutual agreement they decided to just stand and watch, one even pulled out a pipe and within seconds had it lit and a steady stream of smoke flowed from it.

Arn was enraged, someone was on the verge of attacking a young girl, the singing was beginning to grate on his nerves and to top matters off, someone was smoking, smoking when there was clearly a sign saying smokers not permitted in tavern, Arn went for his weapons then had a sudden change of direction as a new and rather funny idea came over him, slipping quickly through a group of curious onlookers Arn made his way to the bar and quickly let himself behind the counter, he found what he was looking for and making sure not to drop his cargo made his way back to the group.

The guy with the pipe never knew what hit him, one minute he was enjoying the pleasant atmosphere of the tavern and the great singing and his pipe, in the next instance he was covered in what he could only describe as slop, his pipe was fouled and so was his shirt, the attack came from behind so he was quick to whirl around and face the dead man who had dared ruin his pipe..
There was nobody there except for his partner who had the most stupid grin on his face and a bucket in his hands, that was more than enough evidence for his liking, there was no chance of explaining and none was given, the two men collided and that was the beginning of the end for the two mountainous patrons.

Arn stood back and watched his handy work, he had used ShadowMantle to hide and it was simple enough to throw the bucket of waste over the inconsiderate smoker and then place the bucket in the hands of his not so bright friend, a smile found its way to Arn's mouth, he hadnt resorted to bloodshed and that had made him happy, returning his attention to the bard he tapped his foot and resumed his humming to the most wonderful song he had ever heard.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:58 PM
The Anti-Spam Fairy

Send a message via MSN to QTChi
Default Watching

As if sensing something, the aristocrat paused, glancing down at the rock by his feet. The young girl’s breath caught, watching as the man arched an eyebrow in surprise. Slowly, he started to bend and Qtchi's gaze fixed upon the hand that was reaching down to grasp the little thing…

Suddenly, a rumbled voice filled the tavern and singing stole the aristocrat’s concentration.

Almost immediately, the girl was by the man's side, her ebony locks spilling against her pale cheeks as she leaned down and scooped the jewel into her hands. Straightening, the rare item disappeared within the folds of the cloak that fell around her petite frame. Even as the man turned back around, his eyes searching the ground once more - Qtchi had silently retreated, her boots making only the slightest thump against the worn floorboards.

Verse after verse of cheerful melody filled the air, chocking the room with its chaotic joy as the young girl quietly stole around the edge of the bar, her footsteps convinently drowned out by the enthusiastic singing. She could feel the dim atmosphere within the tavern changing, the mood lifting, as those within the tavern were slowly captivated by the song. She drew in sharp breath as she skirted around a man, dripping wet from a substance she cared naught to explore, and wondered if some of the bard's instruments were bewitched.

The girl located a seat by the corner, not far from where an elf had situated himself. Trampled upon the ground, she could still see the cloak he had discarded onto the floor carelessly. While she made no moves to retrieve it, it confused her as to why anyone would throw away something that still seemed in good condition. Her eyes gave the coin pouch he carelessly tossed onto the counter a cursory glance, resisting the urge to lean over and caution him of pickpockets.

Perhaps he is rich? She thought to herself, still unable to fathom why he was this careless with his wealth.

A bartender approached, drawing the girl’s eyes away from the elf. For a few moments, she stared blankly at the man while he gestured to her, his lips moving but the words lost amongst the fray. Finally, recognizing his gestures, she shook her head, lifting a pale hand to wave the man away without ordering a drink. The motion revealed a slender wrist, upon which a silver bracelet was encircled around. Even in the semi-darkness of the tavern, the bracelet gleamed and faint chimes filled the air. Thrusting the edge of her sleeves back over the simple piece of jewelry, the young girl hid her hands upon her lap and sat immobilized within her seat…

:: Animated Banner Designer - Click Image for My Work ::

Last edited by QTChi; 03-19-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Experienced Adventurer

Chon sung with gusto. He didn’t know the words but what came to him felt like it fit. Part of him was still at a total loss to explain his own behaviour but he was enjoying himself far too much to let it stop him.

The two men he had his arms around were now singing as well while the other two were watching with puzzled looks on their faces, but certainly seemed to be enjoying the show. The man they had come to see however had seemingly slipped off to another part of the bar.

While his eyes were watering from the effort he was putting into singing, Chon noticed something most unusual, from out of nowhere one of the two men watching suddenly had a bucket of something foul smelling thrown over him. Chon was confused, he could not tell where the attack had come from. When he turned to the other man he was indeed holding a dripping bucket with a confused look on his face. The soaked man was on him even while he began to plead his innocence. The rest of the tavern barely noticed the two men scuffling off to a corner of the bar, perhaps not willing to let anything darken the increasingly jovial mood in the tavern.

The two men who were singing however, were somewhat jolted out of their revelry by the sight of their comrades fighting. At the same time the music became slightly more upbeat. The two men who were singing stepped away from Chon exchanging concerned looks and started looking around the tavern, locking their eyes on the mysterious man they had earlier approached, who had reappeared.

Chon scowled at the two men and noticed some of the tavern’s occupants were becoming distracted by this turn of events. Chon decided to do something to ensure that the mood in the tavern didn’t take a downward turn. “nothing like a bawdy dwarven ditty to liven things up a bit” thought Chon.

He, not so gracefully, jumped up on the nearest chair and paused for a moment to listen to the music and figure out a melody for the old dwarven song that had he had chosen to sing. Arms outstretched and with as much feeling as he could, Chon began to sing.

‘I met a girl from the deadlands
A dread minstrel with bony hands’

The two remaining men still did not return to singing much to Chon’s displeasure.

‘She sang a song of love and lust
And how we all return to dust’

Some in the tavern were now returning their attention to him and the music. Neither the patrons nor Chon noticed that the two men were now drawing their weapons.

‘While with her song I was impressed
I just couldn’t stop staring at her...’

Before he could finish the last line, Chon attempted to jump from the chair to the nearest table. However he misjudged the gap and had to push off the chair harder than he thought, sending it flying across the floor and unbeknownst to Chon, into the shins of one of the two thugs, knocking his feet out from under him and sending his upper body flailing sideways into the other man, sending him staggering as well.

Much to the displeasure of the tables occupants, Chon restored his balance and began prancing awkwardly around the table as only a drunk dwarf can, ripping into the second verse.

‘I met a girl of the steel empire
Who had eyes that burn’d like fire’

The thug who had been staggered by his comrade, turned and picked up the chair with both hands, his attention now focussed on Chon.

‘From birth she was a cavalier
Who fought hard and without fear’

Chon was fully jumping up and down as he sung now, sending dishes and bowls scattering. As he broke into the final lines of the verse he jumped as high as he could, spinning in the air and coming down on the table top with a loud thud and accidently sending a large and heavy fork sailing through the air, end over end.

‘But when she drank she had no class
She liked to show the tavern her...’

The last word was drowned out as the thug with the chair in hand reeled from the table, a fork protruding rather comically from his left eye, and let out a shrill cry. The fork blinding him, he spun quickly and without realising it, smashed the chair over the shoulders of his comrade who had gotten up off the floor and come to stand behind him. Chon didn’t notice this, his attention focussed on the other tavern patrons who were now, it seemed to him, enjoying themselves immensely and laughing out loud. Chon leapt from table to table and headed towards the main bar, pausing only to offer a quick wink to the man the thugs had originally approached, who was humming along and, it seemed to Chon, enjoying the show. Chon began the final verse.

‘From the kingdom was an elf
Who never could help himself’

Chon jumped onto the main counter and started high-stepping down the bar. He passed the young girl he had seen earlier and was about to stop and serenade her when he noticed an elf sitting just beyond. He doffed an imaginary hat to the girl and, continuing his song, approached the elf.

‘No lady safe from his charms
Chastity his to disarm’

The man with the fork in his eye blindly set off at a run for the tavern door only to trip on a cloak someone had left on the floor. He spilled onto the floor in a ball and rolled out the door with a crash. Chon was now in front of the elf and sat on the bar and looked him intently in the eye with a wry smile, continuing his song.

‘Never leaving love to luck
He nought went a night without a...’

Before he could get the last word out, the burly barkeep who had come up from the cellar to investigate the noise, rushed over with a shocked look on his face and grabbed Chon from behind, pulling him forcefully off the bar and onto the floor behind to ensure he couldn’t finish the song.

“Oi,” the barkeep yelled down angrily at Chon as the music played on, “ We’re not that kind of tavern!”

Last edited by Chon; 03-19-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Adventurer

A loud scream could be heard coming from the 2nd floor of the Tavern. A woman's scream. Rapid steps were audible before the vision of the robed man came into view on the balcony. Walking back rather quickly with raised hands in a defensive manner. With a large wide-brimmed out an even larger red plume. Etched with a gold trimming going along with his black and gold robes.

"My child! I don't see what the problem is. My hands and fingers work miracles. I'm a conduit of the almighty god, I could heal that thing! His hand balling up keeping only his index finger out seeming to point at something unseen by the those at their tables. His eyes go wide as he suddenly jumps to the side narrowly avoiding a chair flying past his small frame."God have mercy on your soul, oh soft one!" Speaking in mid air he skids to a slow stop, his foot suddenly slipping off an edge as he turns to look at the staircase quickly coming at his face. Limbs flailing, robe toppling, the man makes his own method to travel down stairs. It's faster but far more painful with the possible side affects of broken bones and even death. Warning: Not meant for children nor are trials currently being conducted. Still in the process of undergoing revisions and the lord's fragile children would be safer walking down the stairs. Concussions may also occur.

With a low grumble indecipherable from the ambiance of the tavern he comes to a slow rise. Rolling his skull around in circles with the assistance of shrugging shoulders. "..You couldn't have guided me down with a safer route?" His voice seeming to be directed at someone, but his eyes closed as he winces at the aches in his neck. Shaking his body to loosen his joints before finally putting one foot in front of the other heading to the bar counter. Filling the first vacant stool he comes across his short frame pressing against the counter's edge at the chest.

The rather handsome man gives a delightful smile to the barmaid as she leaned over the counter herself, her voluptuous bosoms spilling out of her tight dress bringing a much wider smile from the man's face. His shadow coming in as his chin is stubbed with small hairs, his sapphire blue orbs gleaming into her own gaze as he brings his knees up into the stool looking like a kid as he pushes more of himself over the bar counter, his gloved hands wrapping around the delicate digits of the woman bringing a flush to her face. His butt sticking straight into the air as he's bent in a 90 degree angle over the counter. The large crimson red Celtic cross visible across the back of his robe. His boots wiggling with excitement as they hang over the bar stool.

"W-What..can I get f-for you?" her voice stammering and hesitant with the man's embrace. Her gaze momentarily drawn to wooden surface of the counter top while the Acolyte's amulet drags along its surface. The rich silver Celtic cross intricately designed to look like vines weaving together and taking shape. A gem within each end of the cross, and a rather large diamond straight in the middle. Showing him to be a rather wealthy man within the confines of the Steel Empire.

Catching her as she eyes his amulet he can't help but return the favor by staring directly into her cleavage, his gaze meeting her own once more bringing an even darker hue to her cheeks. "A small glass of wine please..and a glass of water too." Still holding onto her hand his gloved fingers glide across her palm, bringing a bitten lip from the woman before he finally lets go watching her run off to an awaiting group of wenches. "I thank the lord for sending such a delicate creature to help nurse my wounds! I never doubted your master plan."