Dragon Tavern Forums

Go Back   Dragon Tavern Forums > Common Room > Rookie Advice

Old 06-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Adventurer

Default Lol, Built like a noob

So umm.. I'm a Rank 3 Demigod now... The problem is, when I've remorted I seem to have chosen some not so efficient powers, with the exception of one.

Rank 1: Legendary Explorer (Figured this would be awesome, was right.)
Rank 2: Death Aura (Looked cool, and was brilliant before level 20... After this, it just wasn't worth the 1 AP to activate it, so a bit of a waste really.)
Rank 3: Immortal Knowledge (While I know this is a good power... There are certainly better ones to get earlier.)

I now know I should've gone like this.

Rank 1: Legendary Explorer
Rank 2: Legendary Hunter/Proven Fate
Rank 3: Whichever one of those I didn't get in Rank 2.
Rank 4: Would have Legendary Avenger.

So... I know for Rank 4 and Rank 5 I should get Proven Fate and Legendary Hunter.... I'm just not sure which one to get first.... I was thinking Proven Fate, but I'm still unsure.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Experienced Adventurer

It depends on your strategy. If you want to explore normally from level 1 to level 55, then this is one of the best chooses. If you want to try something new and explore right from level 52, you should pick other powers to make it work.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Experienced Adventurer

I like Death Aura. It might not be the "best" power out there, but it's fun. (Most of my characters aren't optimized - I play with different strats, and sometimes I find one that's better than what it first appeared. A little harder with the Immortal Powers, but meh. Working on getting them all anyways). Besides, if you like the powers you've chosen, then it's fine. Play what you want to have fun. Play long enough, and you'll end up with all of them anyways.

On a more serious note, my thoughts on the two:

Proven Fate will net you more AP. More AP means fewer actual days spent levelling. However, it sometimes get frustrating when you're trying to play down your AP quickly and then you realize you have more AP now then when you started.

Leg Hunter mean more xp and, as you build the amounts, more bonuses to your SC vs the various monster types. Likely this means you'll be able to start pushing the limit of where you can run (Ienzo now runs about 4 or 5 levels above his). But it becomes a micro-management game, in a way. You have to learn what creature types appear where. The amount of xp you gain for reaching a "milestone" (ie 10 kills, 100 kills, 5000 kills) is dependent upon your level, so later ones (starting with the 100 or 500) are worthwhile to hang onto until you're in the elite areas, if you want to be most efficient on them. I was trying to keep mine all equal, but it's hard. Some of my targets are 2000+ kills, while others are still working towards the 1000 marker.

Chosen (unwillingly)
Acended One
Abyssal
Celestial
Old 06-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Adventurer

I have to confess that I am a bit of a max/min gamer. That's not to say that style and feeling aren't worth while, but anyways, to your question.

There are multiple ways to try to specialize. To you want to get more of something or more efficient at something? Do you want to focus on: AP, exp, combat SC, wound avoidance, money? My advice is to try to pick your strategy and weight each power against your strategy. Don't forget to just take into account your feeling on how things are going.

With my character Ambrois, I've focused on AP, then XP, then Wound Avoidance. I interrupted my strategy with Legendary Luck because I just needed to make money. I felt like this was holding my leveling back.

As far as feeling as if you have made a mistake in your power choices, there are upsides to any choice. For intance, I ended up taking Invisibility because I was trying to find the next best wound avoidance power. Unfortunately, I feel underwhelmed by this power. It don't find it that useful. I probably would have been better off taking Rapid Regen before it; however, when I do find myself in a sub-location that contains mobs 7+ level above me, Invisibility is my best friend until I level to the point where mobs are only 6 levels above me.

If you want to get some relatively reliable info on immoirtal powers, you check out the wikia pages at: http://dragontavern.wikia.com/wiki/D...ern_%28game%29

Regards,
KniteFlux
Old 06-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Experienced Adventurer

I just wish we could move away from wikia and onto a better wiki already.

The rules and crappy interface that wikia is showing as mandatory just freaks me out.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Perhaps you are just too sensitive, bbr

The Main Gang: Deurges - Mieki - Paeruh - Nippur
The Black Brothers: Thaurus - Ender
Old 07-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Adventurer

Better late than never, I guess... but as a tier 3 Demigod you have probably realised by now that those mistakes don't matter too much - you will be remorting so quickly you will have all your powers soon enough.

For what it is worth, I tend to pick the following as first 5 remort powers for all characters...

1. Legendary Explorer
2. Legendary Avenger
3. Proven Fate
4. Legendary Hunter
5. Immortal Knowledge

It works for me - but I can also see how moving Hunter further up the list would benefit in the long run.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Experienced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoDHells View Post
Perhaps you are just too sensitive, bbr
Ive made a lot of interfaces,. shabby work just ticks me off when it's from a supposedly professional company XD